Marvel Zombie Spider-Man (Cover) Custom

Sephiroth

I made this custom Marvel Zombies' Spider-Man using a Marvel Legends Series 10 Spider-Man figure and a Pirates of the Caribbean Cursed Pirate figure. I sculpted the skull and rib cage using DAS modeling clay and pianted it using Tamiya acrylic paints.

I opted to not do the stomach/intestine damage as I felt it would hinder the durability of the figure (plus it was kinda hard to see what it looked like from the cover).

Any comments or things I can do to improve the figure are greatly appreciated.

1136343205189_Marvel_Zombie_Spider_Man_1.jpg

1136250892751_Marvel_Zombies_1_Cover.jpg

now thats what I'm talkn about :D

THey should give us stuff like this every now and then, just not too often or it wouldn't be as special :)

And vampires too & skeleton bones ( like the genisis #1 cover) ect :D

I Think it wou ld be great getting stuff like this like one figure per wave, every 3 waves or somtehing, that way you could slowly build them all up :)

Edited by synch

Thats pretty damn cool!

interesting, I allways wondered what was on the inside of these toys now I know!! :P

how did you do the leg lol?.. Just take off the plastic or?..

its so creepy... I totaly want this :D I ate my aunt & my wife how can I go on living!!!!!

Edited by synch

I was wondering the same thing, is it from another figure? Also how did you do the ribs? I'm really blown away by what you have done here man. :)

I was wondering the same thing, is it from another figure? Also how did you do the ribs? I'm really blown away by what you have done here man. :)

I took the left leg and arm bones from NECA's Prates of the Caribbean Cursed Pirate figure. After cutting Spider-Man's leg and arm near the joints on each side, I dremeled a holes big enough to support the leg and arm bones. I trimmed away at the bones until they fit just right and matched the legnth of the right leg and arm respectively. Some of the red plastic that was dremeled out was later glued on the bone joints to give it a more torn look. I guess it's easier to do than explain.

For the ribs, I dremeled out the left side some and filled it back up with DAS modeling clay. I then took an exacto knife and carved what I hope could pass for ribs. I painted the inside spaces black and and put a little color into the ribs and surround area.

Hey, where'd the bow come from in your Storm Shadow pic? That would look great with ML Hawkeye.

And nice work on that custom!

The bow and arrow came from Toynami's Inuyasha Series 2 Kikyo figure.

I'm glad you liked the custom!

haha thats the coolest custom ive ever seen

• 2 months later...

I picked up ToyFare issue # 106 today and was excited to see my custom Marvel Zombies Spider-Man featured so I thought I'd share with you guys.

1143888546012_vel_Zombies_Spider_Man__ToyFare_106_.jpg

This is the second time my custom work has been featured in ToyFare and I'm still pretty shocked as I have only made a total of four Marvel Legends customs to date. I kinda wish that I hadn't sold this custom to Zach Oat, but I guess I can always make another one. There have been a lot of great Marvel Zombie customs on eBay and I may have to make time to do some other characters. I've been stocking up on custom fodder and have several more projects in mind, but work has kept me pretty busy and I haven't been able to start on anything new. It may be a while as I have to go to Germany for 3 weeks for training starting Monday and odds are pretty good that I will be deploying to the desert this Fall.

I picked up ToyFare issue # 106 today and was excited to see my custom Marvel Zombies Spider-Man featured so I thought I'd share with you guys.

1143888546012_vel_Zombies_Spider_Man__ToyFare_106_.jpg

That's awesome man, congrats. :D