What is your favorite Chase/Variant figure

CLAM

well, there are too many optinions for a poll... so just pick one from the list and let's hear it.

Gold Ironman

Stealth Ironman

Trench Coat Thing

Shirted Hulk

Doombot

Maskless Wolverine

Goliath

Red Skull

Dark Phoenix

Brown Cable

Phasing Vision

Phasing Ghost Rider

Mohawk Storm

Blonde Black Widow

“Classic” Ultimate Captain America

Green First Appearance Hulk

Grinning Bullseye

Blue Angel

X-Factor Cyclops

Ionic Wonderman

Young Logan

Angry Ironfist

Unmasked Astonishing Wolvie

Bald Bishop

White Sasquatch

Purple X-23

and who has them all?

Hey, I thought Mystique was packed one per case, meaning that she is guaranteed to the mass and not short packed, like variants. Out here in San Diego, I just came from a run and saw like five-ten Mystiques on the pegs!!!

As for variants that I have, the Unmasked Wolverine is my favorite because I actually found him. Although he is a series VI version, I still consider him a really cool figure. Other notables include the blue Angel and the brown Cable.

Stuff I don't have but on the hunt for are as follows: Dark Phoenix, Phasing Ghost Rider, Doombot, and the God awful Red Skull.

Its hard too choose just one, so my favorite is either Black Widow (Yelena), AXM unmasked Wolvie, or Ionic WM. I chose Yelena due to the fact that she's a separate character from the regular figure. Wolvie because the head sculpt on him is just perfect, IMO. And lastly, Ionic WM because I really dig the purple tranlucent plastic used and I think he looks cool.

I own every single variant listed above, only one that I dont have is the unlisted FF4 boxset variant Invisible Woman.

Edited by dagodfather

is it not true that the longer you wait after the variant has been released, the more the $$$ will come down?

Just look at phasing vision & blonde Black Widow.

is it not true that the longer you wait after the variant has been released, the more the $$$ will come down?

Just look at phasing vision & blonde Black Widow.

Actually you are right to an extent--I mean almost any chase figure when it comes out can be upwards of a few $100 ( I remember yellow daredevil and maskless wolverine hitting in the mid 200 range at one point, or higher), but eventually they do come down.

Just like Ive been watching the phasing ghost rider's prices forever, and while it was in the low $100 when it first came out, it dropped down to the high 20s/low 30s but I swear now that I am trying to get one, the price is inching towards the damned 40s!!!

*I consider Toad from wave 1 to be a chase as well, which sucks because I could have got him back in the day and I wish Toy biz would re-release him.

So my faves are:

Phasing Ghost Rider (the face is the coolest)

Bald Bishop

Dark Phoenix

Red Skull (thank God I own him!

X-23 Purple variant (cause she's a totally diff. sculpt)

I own half of these, excluding:

Gold Ironman

Stealth Ironman

Shirted Hulk

Doombot

Goliath

Phasing Vision

Phasing Ghost Rider

“Classic” Ultimate Captain America

Ionic Wonderman

Angry Ironfist

Unmasked Astonishing Wolvie

White Sasquatch

Invisible Woman (from F4 set)

CLAM: how many of these do you own?

You should have just about all of them, especially the newer ones right?

Edited by firestongue

I'm gona go with either

maskless wolvie, or w12 wolvie :)

EIther one of them is great IMO :D

I personaly hate any chase figure though, thatis a new charecter, like dark phoenix, or ghost rider ect :S THey should those types for regular figures as far as I am concerned :S

Oh, so I guess Mystique isn't a chase...... 1 per case is rare though.

I don't really think she was that hard to find at all....but if you like the figure then that's all that really matters. :)

My favorite chase figure is Mystique, but if this is about variants then my favorite is ML9 Green Hulk.

she aint a chase

@lol@

I don't have them all, but I have plenty of what I do have...

I am missing Gold Ironman, Red Skull, all the ML8 variants, and purple X-23.

my favorite is probably Stealth Ironman, followed by Phasing Vision and Blue Angel.

but I also really like Ionic Wonderman, Phasing Ghost Rider, Bald Bishop, and unmasked AXM Wolverine

OK guys, a chase piece is a figure that does not come in every case. Clam listed them all in his first post (and maybe some extra variants). The other are not chases no matter how rare we think they are because they were in every case.

Also Purple X-23 is not a chase since she has not come out in the US. Whereas Black x-23 is the chase in Canada ect. ect. So she's a variant but not a chase.

Also, here is a point on which I am uncertain. Did the WM cases all have Stealth IM, Shirted Hulk and Trenchcoat Thing? I know I saw a gang of Thing and Hulk in a lot of cases.

I would consider them variants and not chase pieces (to be technical) if they did.

They are called chases I guess since you are supposed to chase them down.

Hope my being anal on the matter helps someone out there with their toy nerd lingo. @smilepunch@