Custom DOOMSDAY!!!

levit05

Ok guys after many months of Bsing and actually working…..here I present to you DOOMSDAY!!!!!…..i’ll be honest with you this was originally on my not to do list after my first two attempts where ehhh…..but learning as I did in 05 ( and this figure has been done for a while now…I believe since October) I sure wanted to try out a couple of new techniques and I think the figure aswell as my customer benefited from me learning more from the great customizes here on FWOOSH and other places such as Toy international and action-figure….shamless plugging…..as well as commandocustoms.com……

well I finally put this figure together and with the painting I think it came out nice….but I don’t know anything about the character so I don’t know if I missed certain details….but I will say when I put the other one I’m working on ebay…well I think it will do OK….since people have been asking for this guy for a while……well I hope it those good…..

here is the recipe….

Head- War Hulk

Torso- War Hulk

arms- War hulk

Hands- Old ToyBiz 5” line Destroyer (thanks JEZ)

Legs- War Hulk

Feet- Smart Hulk

Now this might seem that it should have been a quick and easy repaint but I wanted to get that effect of actually having to work on something really hard….so I got complicated with it….at first I dremeled the head down until he was bald……I then cut the thighs mid way and extended them about half an inch….filled it in with regular epoxy putty and the the green stuff to give it that detailed look….once those where done and dried….i noticed that the knees where made almost on an angle….it gave the hulk that hunched over feeling…I didn’t want this cause in the comic book he is actually standing upright ….so what I did to correct this or change it….i dremeled the knee away….that way when you tried to straighten the knee out it would stop at the bended knee….i think this was great ….it really got me kinda excited that he wasn’t going to be hunched……well after that was done…..i moved onto the torso….looking at the extended legs I knew if I just left it like that that it would look funny so I decided to also add about half an inch to the bottom part of the abs….by doing this I almost knew for certain that the waist articulation would be lost….and it was….but oh well….once I extended it…once again used putty to fill it and then the green stuff for the detail after…..it was time to move to the boots….i realized that my first two attempts at this character before where flawed…. I had always just painted the boots in….not to mention the bone armor he has on his body which I will get to in a min….well I decided to sculpt him some boots that really have em look awesome…..so I went with the Thanos look boots….by this time he wasn’t out yet but I had studied the pics and thought that they would look cool especially with the added height he had…..well once they where done…including the folds…..i got ready for the hardest part of this whole custom….which was the bone armor around his body……man O man…

I first started with his face….the way I approached this was basically doing a certain part of the face at a time….started with the bones going down his jaw and stopped right under the lower lip…let it dry and then go for the other side….once that was done moved onto the strands of hair he had….knocked all of them out in one sculpting…!!!! Once that was done moved onto the eyes and then the mouth…..and this was the hardest part cause of the waiting of the kneadatyte to dry….for the face….after that I started out on his forearms….i needed some sort of an anchor so that when I pressed with the kneadatyte it wouldn’t sink in…..in comes some old mcfarlane parts that actually looked like bones…I think they were part of the dark knight spawn….from series 24….well I glued them on and then went to work…sculpting the bone actually helped me learn more about this putty for some future projects that over the next few days you will see….also want to include that I also used about four pieces of actual broken glass on the legs and arms just so that I could get a feel for the jagged edges his bones where suppose to be like….well once both the legs and arms where done…I moved onto the shoulders….in comes Jin’s idea of using these spiky blue things he got from Michaels….man…they worked lovely!!! Thanks JIN!!!! Well once again I also used actual broken glass for his back armor….once all the sculpting was done….i got to the most boring part …atleast for me….the paint job…..I’M SOO FREAKING LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO PAINT JOBS!!!!….well needless to say I did get it done….and through my learning experiences in 2005 I learned that having a black base is not always good…..LMAO….so I opted for darker colors of the ones I wanted to show and I think it made a BIG difference…well take a look and let me know what you guys think….PLEASE any DC heads out there…don’t crucify me….i know not of this character./….i just know people like him cause he kicked Superman’s arse!!!!!lol…well as always critiques are welcomed!!!!

DOOMSDAY11.jpg

doomsdayXXX1.jpg

doomsdayXXX2.jpg

doomsday9.jpg

doomsday7.jpg

doomsday5.jpg

doomsday.jpg

doomsday3.jpg

WIP SHOTS OF BACK and with next Custom to display!!!!

WIP_doomsday2.jpg

ok ok..take a guess who that is!!!!…lol….

WIP_doomsday.jpg

Holy crap! Thats a sweetass Doomsday!

• 3 weeks later...

pretty cool.

Ok guys after many months of Bsing and actually working…..here I present to you DOOMSDAY!!!!!…..i’ll be honest with you this was originally on my not to do list after my first two attempts where ehhh…..but learning as I did in 05 ( and this figure has been done for a while now…I believe since October) I sure wanted to try out a couple of new techniques and I think the figure aswell as my customer benefited from me learning more from the great customizes here on FWOOSH and other places such as Toy international and action-figure….shamless plugging…..as well as commandocustoms.com……

well I finally put this figure together and with the painting I think it came out nice….but I don’t know anything about the character so I don’t know if I missed certain details….but I will say when I put the other one I’m working on ebay…well I think it will do OK….since people have been asking for this guy for a while……well I hope it those good…..

here is the recipe….

Head- War Hulk

Torso- War Hulk

arms- War hulk

Hands- Old ToyBiz 5” line Destroyer (thanks JEZ)

Legs- War Hulk

Feet- Smart Hulk

Now this might seem that it should have been a quick and easy repaint but I wanted to get that effect of actually having to work on something really hard….so I got complicated with it….at first I dremeled the head down until he was bald……I then cut the thighs mid way and extended them about half an inch….filled it in with regular epoxy putty and the the green stuff to give it that detailed look….once those where done and dried….i noticed that the knees where made almost on an angle….it gave the hulk that hunched over feeling…I didn’t want this cause in the comic book he is actually standing upright ….so what I did to correct this or change it….i dremeled the knee away….that way when you tried to straighten the knee out it would stop at the bended knee….i think this was great ….it really got me kinda excited that he wasn’t going to be hunched……well after that was done…..i moved onto the torso….looking at the extended legs I knew if I just left it like that that it would look funny so I decided to also add about half an inch to the bottom part of the abs….by doing this I almost knew for certain that the waist articulation would be lost….and it was….but oh well….once I extended it…once again used putty to fill it and then the green stuff for the detail after…..it was time to move to the boots….i realized that my first two attempts at this character before where flawed…. I had always just painted the boots in….not to mention the bone armor he has on his body which I will get to in a min….well I decided to sculpt him some boots that really have em look awesome…..so I went with the Thanos look boots….by this time he wasn’t out yet but I had studied the pics and thought that they would look cool especially with the added height he had…..well once they where done…including the folds…..i got ready for the hardest part of this whole custom….which was the bone armor around his body……man O man…

I first started with his face….the way I approached this was basically doing a certain part of the face at a time….started with the bones going down his jaw and stopped right under the lower lip…let it dry and then go for the other side….once that was done moved onto the strands of hair he had….knocked all of them out in one sculpting…!!!! Once that was done moved onto the eyes and then the mouth…..and this was the hardest part cause of the waiting of the kneadatyte to dry….for the face….after that I started out on his forearms….i needed some sort of an anchor so that when I pressed with the kneadatyte it wouldn’t sink in…..in comes some old mcfarlane parts that actually looked like bones…I think they were part of the dark knight spawn….from series 24….well I glued them on and then went to work…sculpting the bone actually helped me learn more about this putty for some future projects that over the next few days you will see….also want to include that I also used about four pieces of actual broken glass on the legs and arms just so that I could get a feel for the jagged edges his bones where suppose to be like….well once both the legs and arms where done…I moved onto the shoulders….in comes Jin’s idea of using these spiky blue things he got from Michaels….man…they worked lovely!!! Thanks JIN!!!! Well once again I also used actual broken glass for his back armor….once all the sculpting was done….i got to the most boring part …atleast for me….the paint job…..I’M SOO FREAKING LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO PAINT JOBS!!!!….well needless to say I did get it done….and through my learning experiences in 2005 I learned that having a black base is not always good…..LMAO….so I opted for darker colors of the ones I wanted to show and I think it made a BIG difference…well take a look and let me know what you guys think….PLEASE any DC heads out there…don’t crucify me….i know not of this character./….i just know people like him cause he kicked Superman’s arse!!!!!lol…well as always critiques are welcomed!!!!

DOOMSDAY11.jpg

doomsdayXXX1.jpg

doomsdayXXX2.jpg

doomsday9.jpg

doomsday7.jpg

doomsday5.jpg

doomsday.jpg

doomsday3.jpg

WIP SHOTS OF BACK and with next Custom to display!!!!

WIP_doomsday2.jpg

ok ok..take a guess who that is!!!!…lol….

WIP_doomsday.jpg