X-MEN Legends Magneto Review!!!

Gunbuster718

As I said before on the other thread yesterday, Hong Kong had a weird case ratio.

I asked this old lady, 9 figures in the set.....

Ninja Wolvie, Stealth Wolvie, Magneto, Ruby Armor Cyke, Stealth Beast, Cat Stealth Beast, Storm, Archangel, ...... and I forgot. Not Juggie and not Angel..... i think it was another Cyclops.

Anyway.....

IMG_0221.jpg

So I got Magneto, Bald Bishop, and Ultron today. I found that Man-Wolf a few days ago. Onto my review for Magneto.

Packaging: The package looks nothing surprising. As most of you probably see before, simple instruction and info. Not even a clue as to which figure is in the wave. I don't like it too much.

Head: The head looks great. Better than Marvel Legends I would say. You can look at it and say, hey that's Magnus, not Ian McCallen.

Body: A decent purple body, with nice detail. The design goes down to the waist area, kinda like a tunic. The color scheme and looks remind me of Ultimate Magneto and a mix of the movie Magneto. The rubber cape might not do it for everybody, but it is asymmetrical. While it covers the left shoulder, the right shoulder is completely exposed. I think this is a rather unique design but has a function to it.

The back has two holes. The square hole is for the peg from the rubber cape. The round hole on the right is for Magneto's accesory.

Arms: Both wrists have metal panel like gauntlets. The gloves have nice detail of vein-like wires connect to the four knuckles. The hand also each have holes to hold the gun. The biggest difference comes the upper arms. The left upper arm is nothing remarkable, just plain old cloth like sleeve in appearance. The real eye catcher comes right arm/shoulder. His right upper arm has a weird looking device attach to it. The device itself has three p.o.a. I am guessing it is some sort of lens for aiming or whatnot. Could be somewhat an eyesore for some people.

Legs : Detailed. A mix of silver pads and black leggings. Looks pretty decent. The thighs are pretty cool with a cool looking design. If you've watched Fist of the North Star, he looks like Kenou, an armored warlord of some sort but color scheme distinctively magneto.

Articulation: Including the lens device and all, I counted to probably about 37 points of articulation, which is a lot. Very Basic.

Accessories: Magneto comes with two accessories, helmet and gun-backpack. Looks like the Ultimate Magneto helmet but..... kinda lopsided..... Maybe it's just mine but I rather have Magneto hold it on his hand.

Magneto comes with a..... magneto! @smilepunch@ The Gun-backpack is an electromagnetic device. The backpack fits in the hole in the back and also has a band to hold the pack in place as a support. The backpack has a rather short hose attached to the gun. The gun has a red LED, a magneto, and the handle has two pegs going left or right. Magneto can hold the gun left or right hand. The figure itself does not include the three (yes! Three!!) Triple A batteries.

IMG_0222.jpg

The magnet is pretty weak considering it uses 3 AAA bat..... able to sustain one or two paper clips and lights up. Might be fun for kids for like five minutes. You can either put it away and forget it or use it to make your son's middle school science project. Besides doesn't really need a damn weaksauce magnetic gun, even from the fact that he lost his power in the recent comic run.

Overall: I think this is a 4 out of 5 star figure. You can take away a star or a half for being not the most accurate Magneto ever, but it is still not too bad a repeat character. I might even suggest if some of you who missed out on ML3 to get this. Not too off compare to like Ruby Cyke. Cut out the lens scope if you don't like it. If you still like ML3 Magneto better, you might want to operate and switch the heads.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Thanks for the review and pics man. He looks really good....especially the head, but for some reason I'm not really digging the figure much. I think I'm going to pass on him.....though that head swap idea is a good one (hmm). :)

Well, I can't think of it as Magneto, but that's a damn fine sculpt; look at that head!

I see tons of excellent custom fodder in these figures.

The only thing I really like about it is the head sculpt, which is awesome. Not awesome enough for me to pick it up though. Wish they'd used a comic accurate body for it. Even it was the Ultimate version, then I'd have bought it the second I could find it.

Thanks for the pic! I might consider that Magnetno... Hmm..

Well, I can't think of it as Magneto, but that's a damn fine sculpt; look at that head!

I see tons of excellent custom fodder in these figures.

with the hair the way it is, the head could be used for a quicksilver custom @hmmm@

yeah, I might get this after all. i'm happy to see that he comes with a helmet.

you should buy the beasts and stealth cyclops because no one in the US has seen them out of package yet. well, you don't have to buy them, but it would be really cool to see them. thanks for the picture!

They still haven't gotten that cape to look right.

DAMN Bishop is big! :S