The Next SS 12 Inch figure is....

[GIJoe]Recondo

PRIORITY PRE-ORDER INFORMATION

We are proud to offer our newsletter subscribers Priority Pre-Order for the Kit Fisto 12-inch figure

Pre-Orders begin January 20, 2006 between 10AM-10:30AM PST

You will NOT be contacted via email the same day that the item is posted for pre-order

Additional information about this priority pre-order will be sent to all Star Wars newsletter subscribers on Wednesday January 18, 2006. The receipt of this e-mail does not specifially confirm that you are qualified for the early pre-order window.

You must be a registered newsletter subscriber and sideshow account holder by Thur., January 19, 2006, 11:59PM PST

Phone orders will be taken for qualified Priority Pre-Order subscribers, however due to recent server upgrades we believe that your online ordering experience will be much faster then ordering via phone.

Edited by Bespin refugee

Why so many pre-orders before they even ship the first?

I'm not getting this...

This is that crucial decision point for me whether I'm going to be a completist with these or just get my favs... hmm...

Personally, I think this is SS testing out how well a secondary character is gonna sell...

I want to see something with an armor. They are great but Kit Fisto was not really what I was expecting so early. I was thinking of boba or jango could be next.

Boba Fett

Jango Fett

Darth Vader

Stormtrooper

or Han Solo

I hope they do get to release General Grevious. It will probably be very expensive but it don't matter I am willing to pay $100 or more for this figure.

That's friggin' awesome!

Man...I just wish they wern't releasing these things so quickly! this is killing my wallet!

This gives me hope for a 12 inch Aayla! That will make me so happy!

*Two Topics Merged. Just an FYI*

Well, we won't be getting anyone like Boba, Jango, Han, etc. anytime soon. Remember, this line is called The Order of the Jedi. They are only doing Jedi at this time. They've already made that anouncement.

They also already said they won't being doing a Grievous. They will only be doing characters that utilize their humanoid body types.

Edited by Mandalorian30

I'll get Kit.

The only one I haven't bothered with so far is Obi.

1. I don't understand why they are doing so many pre-orders before the first one ships either. This one goes up next Friday and Obi-Wan went up last Friday. That's 2 weeks apart and 2 this month!

2. I don't even think Kit Fisto this could be considered a secondary character. He is more like a third string or background character. He has no lines in any of the movies. He has less than 10 seconds of screen time in the second movie and less than a minute in the last movie.

I am probably going to pass on this one and just get the ones I like. They are coming out with these too fast to get all of them. I also really don't like the look of this character, but the expression they gave him is ridiculous.

3. Don't rule out a character like General Grevious. They have said (you can listen to the podcast on their site) that they will reuse the large scale figures in the 12 inch line to save money. They also said (in the same podcast) they will be creating non-human body types for droids and aliens and such. So far they are only doing Jedi but I bet they will start doing other characters soon.

Now this is one that intrests me.

Draven

Very interesting indeed... hmm... :)

Off-topic, but...

I want to see something with an armor....

Darth Vader

I would Consider...Vader

http://adctalk.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=...post&p=16067852

The new 12" figure series .... has fans wondering when they might see a Sith breach the Jedi band of brothers. "In the near future," says Senior Licensing Coordinator Brock Otterbacher. "How near? Well, it may be a few announcements away, and that's all I can say..."

;)

How many are we getting per year?

They've already named 5 groups

http://adctalk.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=...post&p=16015994

Jedi Order, Galactic Rogues, The Sith Lords, The Legacy Collection, and The Military Of Star Wars.

At this rate, I'm guessing at least 20- 25

Edited by Bespin refugee

Sideshow said they will release 10-12 per year. But, yeah at this rate it seems they will release twice that many.

If you think about it though, it may be true. The Aragorn that was just released is scheduled to arrive in the 3rd quarter of this year (which is ridiculous). At that rate they shouldn't be able to fit too many more in that will be released in '06. They rest will be up for pre-order but they won't actually come out until '07.

I forgot all about the 5 groups. Thank you for clearing that out.

I hope they do reconsider making Grievous. I don't mind paying in advance $100 or $150 for a Grievous figure(as long as done with the same detail as the others) and I think enough people are willing to pay that same amount just to have it produce.

Edited by Mono

1. I don't understand why they are doing so many pre-orders before the first one ships either. This one goes up next Friday and Obi-Wan went up last Friday. That's 2 weeks apart and 2 this month!

According to my SSC newsletter that I received this morning Luke Skywalker 12" is on the now contacting lists so make sure your credit cards are good to go in the next 2 wks i'd say.