G.I. Joe: The Sanguis Legacy

SalvoDeli

dio_cover_preview.jpg

(click image for link)

After a whole year of shooting, editing and whatnot, I'm finally ready to debut my first full dio. Hope everyone finds it at the very least somewhat entertaining!

Let me know whatcha think!!!

gijoe.lukeellison.com

Edited by SalvoDeli

I've been waiting a long time for this! I read the first several pages, but I gotta get going to work. I'll finish it later, but man, it's looking so awesome thus far! Great stuff!

Salvodeli,

I was completely blown away by this diostory. Extremely well put together and some tremendous snapshots. This is the kind of thing that I long to see more of!

If you and Violentfix ever teamed up, everyone on the boards would be happy as hell. I think that you 2 guys are the best diostory creators yet. (Not that there are not loads of talented guys, but you two are INCREDIBLE!!)

Would you mind telling us what kind of camera you use to shoot your stories?

thanks for the thrill,

JLT

Ok, I've gotten to read the whole thing, and wow, I'm HOOKED! This story is incredible. I read the preview you had up for it months ago and was very excited for it, but wow, after reading the whole thing, I'm just floored. You, VFX, Justin, a bunch of guys over at JoeCustoms/JoeDios...I'm in awe of y'all's talent. I am looking to make my own dio over the course of the next few months and couldn't have better examples.

Anyway, the story you've got cooking here is so captivating. You've captured the characters' personalities to a T, and the newbies (Ghost Bear, Barrell Roll, etc.) are fleshed out believably to what we know of them. This is an excellent story. Pics, sets, quality, everything! Not to rush your superb work, but PLEASE hurry on the continuation!!!

Luke,

Magnificent!

Well worth the wait. Excellent story. Smooth flowing dialogue. Resembles and combines a great balance of both the Comics and animation. Excellent photography and web skill too. Your sets and props are excellent. Bravo. I also like your Storm Shadow! I've been trying to think of a way to make him look more like the Devil's Due version with the hood. Can't wait for the next installment.

Big props to you, VF, the General and Co.

-B

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I really wanted to make as exciting and entertaining of a dio as possible. I hope the next two chapters give more of a cinematic feel which is what I'm going for.

If there's anything confusing about the story, just let me know and I'll try to answer your questions.

what would it take for you to shoot a dio using my customs? I have the story all layed out, but no one shoots film like yours - you're still the best joe photog Ive seen

Buckero0, I'd be more than happy to shoot some dios with your figures after I finish the next two parts of my dio... hope ya don't mind waiting... :)

Salvodeli,

I was completely blown away by this diostory. Extremely well put together and some tremendous snapshots. This is the kind of thing that I long to see more of!

If you and Violentfix ever teamed up, everyone on the boards would be happy as hell. I think that you 2 guys are the best diostory creators yet. (Not that there are not loads of talented guys, but you two are INCREDIBLE!!)

Would you mind telling us what kind of camera you use to shoot your stories?

thanks for the thrill,

JLT

It's actually a really inexpensive camera. I got a Sony Cybershot at Best Buy for like $200, but whats nice about it is the Carl Zeiss lens which come on older pro model rangefinder cameras and stuff.

I thought the photography was excellent, but I didn't think a lot of the story and dialogue flowed very well. Not trying to be rude or anything, just some C&C from my point of view.

Interpol, I agree to a point... the dialog could have been more refined. Everything was pretty much storyboarded with little dialog until the finishing stages where I kind of made it up as I went. The story itself should feel more as a whole at the very end, hopefully. If not, oh well, I'm a photographer not a writer. @loll@

AWESOME BABY!!!!

That...is just amazing man, on ALL counts, photography, photoshopping, editing, story, graphics, customs, layout...the whole works, compiled together!

I can't even BEGIN to imagine the work put into all that, but I'm damn glad you did it, and I can't wait for more of the story to be continued! ^_^

Here's something I've often thought of, and it's about the idea of Hasbro actually doing something like this for their website, or making available a comic book to purchase, with dio's for the graphics (like yours) instead of artwork like they normally are?

Make it as professional looking as yours here, and use the ACTUAL toys in them, just like these dios?

I mean, if the kids get interested, how COOL is it, that when they go to the toy store to look for the figures....it's ACTUALLY the very figure used in the comic/dio books (not "actual" of course, but you know what I mean)...the vehicles, the whole shebang!

This could be used as well for ALL the toylines...Sigma Six included, and I think it would be cool as hell and would sell a lot of books and especially help promote the crap outta the TOYS as well! I think it would be cheaper to produce than even all the cost involved in the comic books now?

Any thoughts on this for everyone.....sound like a cool idea....agree, disagree?

Nevertheless.....this is one cool dio story. Thanks for doing it! :)

VH, I completely agree with you and that's exactly how I'm doing my dio. I'm going to print out "comic" versions for my friends and family, so they can flip through it. Whether or not I'm able to post on the web is another story, but I've long thought this very same thing. I loved those old photos on JoeDios.com that I think Hammerfel put up, from an old German? catalog. Hasbro definitely needs to start doing this again.

great dio. The looks are definatly up their with violent fix, the story, i'm intersted and waiting to see. Not sure if i like the use of ghost bear or stormy as he was used, but that is personal taste. Love seeing barrel Roll.

The abudictions reminded me of General Joes dios where cobra trys to show their power again. (not a bad thing)

Vh, absouletly excellent idea, and one i've heard kicked around before.

Hey Luke,

A real Homerun man. It was absolutly worth the wait and I'm so happy to see a dio of this proportion hit the web. I read it all the way through in one sitting and loved every second of it.

Some people may be surprised, but I would say my favorite part was actually the scene with Snakes and Spirit riding horses through the mountains. The Spirit thought dialogue was GREAT!!!!! It was very well written.

The time you spend on perfecting each photo really shows through and completes the total package.

Loved the dramatic ending, I am so psyched to see the continuation, I loved Dr. Venom in the day and I'd really enjoy to see the further exploits of his son.

EXCELLENT!

Oh and hey, work up some kind of banner and I'll get this up on my links page.