I wonder how Falcon is taking it??

Lady Jaye

I'm sure he will either post something online or say something at either Toy Fair or the upcoming convention season!!!! It's been a funky new year so far, with TRU closing/converting, Macintosh using Intel chips, and gas prices going up like it's summer already!!! WTF!!

I expect that ToyFare magazine will have an article next month regarding the whole situation and Jesse will probably talk to them about it at some point.

It might be the same situation as the Four Horsemen had when Mattel pulled the plug on MOTU. They couldn't really talk about it either.

Um... Lady Jaye,

Have you not read ANY of the threads concerning this transition. Hasbro is NOT firing the guys that work for Marvel (the US ToyBiz), Those guys are still over R&D of the line and are still going to be developing the figures & assortments. Now they just have MUCH better facilities to do it in and much better distribution to get it out. Jesse just got moved OUT of the minor leagues and into the Bigs!!! Hasbro is taking ToyBiz World Wide's place as the MANUFACTURER and the have license to use marvel characters in all their other products but they aren't going to be the ones who have final say over it all, that is Marvel and Jesse & the guys will be the ones that are the conduit between Marvel Enterprises & Hasbro.

Um... Lady Jaye,

Have you not read ANY of the threads concerning this transition. Hasbro is NOT firing the guys that work for Marvel (the US ToyBiz), Those guys are still over R&D of the line and are still going to be developing the figures & assortments. Now they just have MUCH better facilities to do it in and much better distribution to get it out. Jesse just got moved OUT of the minor leagues and into the Bigs!!! Hasbro is taking ToyBiz World Wide's place as the MANUFACTURER and the have license to use marvel characters in all their other products but they aren't going to be the ones who have final say over it all, that is Marvel and Jesse & the guys will be the ones that are the conduit between Marvel Enterprises & Hasbro.

Thank you! Very well said.

Draven

Just wondering how Mr Spark Plug is taking it?? Hasbro is most assuredly going in a new direction, and won't be bringing him over!!

Assuredly? And you get this from where?

It was in the LA Times business section last Weds. Toy Biz is for sure out.

Well Glaken, I had been reading the other threads. But I looked at this press release that suggests that Hasbro will handle all aspects of producing the figures. Maybe I read this wrong, but we'll see come Toy Fair.

And here is that New York Times article that Ren mentioned!! It too says Hasbro will be developing the figures as well!!

Glaken, since you're such an industry insider, do you have a link to a story that says that Toy Biz of America will continue to develop the figures? I would love to see it.

The media gets details wrong in stories all the time, especially when its a subject they don't really know about like toys. Also, Hasbro is a BIG toy company. Getting the Marvel license allows them to make more than just action figures.

This is all too fresh for there to be enough info out there to make everything crystal clear. Is it really that hard to at least wait a month until Toy Fair for more details?

There's several people with inside info that say things aren't going to change in ML. The guys at TB/Marvel are even still sculpting figures for 07. However, no one can't go into detail right now in public.

Just take a breath, relax, and wait for more concrete info than a few words in a newspaper article that rarely reports on toys.

Well Glaken, I had been reading the other threads. But I looked at this press release that suggests that Hasbro will handle all aspects of producing the figures. Maybe I read this wrong, but we'll see come Toy Fair.

And here is that New York Times article that Ren mentioned!! It too says Hasbro will be developing the figures as well!!

Glaken, since you're such an industry insider, do you have a link to a story that says that Toy Biz of America will continue to develop the figures? I would love to see it.

in that first press release on the toybiz website, there is this little nugget of info : " Marvel has also agreed to provide services to Hasbro in connection with the licensed toys"

which could mean that Toybiz will continue to design Marvel Legends for Hasbro to produce.

we would all be fools to think that Hasbro will not create new products. However, Hasbro would be stupid (and they have been in the past with their GiJoe line) to discontinue or mess with the successful formula of Marvel Legends and the related "classics" toylines.

I expect that ToyFare magazine will have an article next month regarding the whole situation and Jesse will probably talk to them about it at some point.

Jesse told me that with the current situation what it is, he probably wouldn't be free to comment on it until 2010. Don't hold your breath for any corporate news either from the article or from Toy Fair. Just loads of info about upcoming figures, which may sooth some fearing the lines immediate demise.

Hes taking it like a MAN!

... .. .

lol

I have the feeling things will only change for the better with Legends (and the Marvel toy universe as well). The execs and marketing people at Hasbro know how to handle a highly popular line like this. They've done pretty well with the Transformers line in the past few years (on-line shop, fan convention, Alternators, bringing over foreign molds, etc) so I think they're going to leave ML alone, only improve on quality and distribution.

Having said that, alot of Hasbro TFs aren't ever as good as the Takara ones...I hope thats not the case with Marvel figures. :(

I think it's wait and see...from this point on, anything can change from what is said in early 2006 to this Summer.

What we do know is that Hasbro will be good for Marvel. As for fans, this is what remains to be seen.

* Change of plastics used in making the figures. GI Joe and Transformers are two lines that have shown changes in plastics.

* Articulation - Star Wars...read the current thread online of why the new saga figures don't have as much articulation as the ROTS figures and whether or not it's true or not, Hasbro didn't do the articulation to save costs.

* Price Point - Hasbro toys are not cheap.

Star Wars Saga - $6.99

GI Joe Sigma 6 (Soldier) $9.99/$11.99 (commando) $14.99/$19.99

Transformers Beast Wars - $17.99

Transformers Cybertron - Small - $6.99, medium - $9.99 - deluxe - $34.99-$39.99

If the Marvel Legends line continues, to keep these at the price point of $6.99-$8.99 for Hasbro would be a miracle, considering that the smaller Star Wars figures and GI Joe RAH go for $6.99-$7.99. I would not be surprised if the figures go up to $9.99 and other deluxe figures go up in price as well.

It's already proven that many people will buy Transformers, GI Joe Sigma6, GI Joe RAH DTC and even Star Wars at high prices, I don't see them making the Marvel line any cheaper.

Toy Biz had a great pricing model for Marvel Legends to compete against the big guys. We've seen them at $6.49 at one time now up to $8.99 at some stores or somewhere in between. But all it takes is for Hasbro exec to show to Marvel how by their price increases, people are still buying. No brainer that Marvel will follow because truth be told, many of you will still be buying Marvel figures even if it goes up by a dollar or two because you are doing that with other Hasbro lines as well.

* The comments of "it would be insane if Hasbro did anything to change the Marvel line"...visit all the Hasbro related TNI threads and from 2003 to present, you will read about fans of a certain line complain about Hasbro changes.

Despite the fact if they do go with cheaper plastics, higher price point, less articulation or whatever, the fact is that people are buying them...What is good for them is cutting costs and overhead and turning a profit. But again, I don't see a large % of us on here will stop if those changes are made.

It will be interesting to see how things develop in 2007. No matter what happens or said this month, things change. We see this in technology industries, video game industries, we'll see what happens as the year progress.

kndy