player 1 Chun-li and Mai HD CVSII

Doom Saber

I saw the box set of these was very dissapointed. I think Chun-Li is decent but Mai is completely ruined by the "chest sculpt". I suppose it is somewhat video game accurate but it didn't transfer to figure form very well at all.

I saw the box set of these was very dissapointed. I think Chun-Li is decent but Mai is completely ruined by the "chest sculpt". I suppose it is somewhat video game accurate but it didn't transfer to figure form very well at all.

What is wrong with the chest? Not complaining, but is curious since people have very opinion on things? i mean is it too big or sagging? If so, you are right on the somewhat video game accurate. i haven't seen it in person, so I can make judement on it.

They look better now. Mai's face is a little off though. Chun Li is better than I expected!

When the hell is Terry coming out? ARGH!

For the most part their bodies look good....but Chun-li's face doesn't look too right to me. I also don't really like the cut thighs on these figures....but I guess that comes down to personal taste.

I think the chest is too big and too saggy. I'd honestly be a little embarrassed to have that thing sitting on my desk haha But yeah that's pretty much how it looks in the videogame... I just think it looks silly on a figure.

I think the chest is too big and too saggy. I'd honestly be a little embarrassed to have that thing sitting on my desk haha But yeah that's pretty much how it looks in the videogame... I just think it looks silly on a figure.

I agree w/ ya 100 percent. She wasn't that slutty in the early SNK games.

I agree CHun Li's face doesnt looks that great. So far , both SOTA and HD's Chun Li doesnt please me.

And the HD Chun Li's bracelet are just too huge

Edited by Cloud

• 2 weeks later...

All of this whining is funny. Her goods are actually bouncy in the older games. Besides that, it's the best sculpt of Mai ever made, and it's unlikely anyone will step upto the plate to top it. High Dream is going to kill the line because their distributor isn't upto it. I suppose when one is spoiled with Marvel Legends crap it's easy to overlook the situation of another company.

True, Snout Spout. When I mean early snk games, i meant fatal fury 2, before she had a skippier outfit in KOF. You are right that is the sex symbol in the game. I also agree that the sculpt is awsome and the breast size doesn't bother me. It is funny whenever a hd figure is shown, ppl #$## about it no matter what. I mean a few people would say, blah, blah, it is not my taste whenever a new thread about the same figure is made. I understand you guys don't like it the first time, but you don't have to repeat it ten more times. I mean the tinyiness thing, people would complain about. I guess I was used to the whinning and joined them. But you are correct and thanks for clearing my head. I hate myself for following the crowd.

Personally, Hd Mai and chun-li are the best sculpted version of them, imo. I also realize that both companies have different strengths and weakness when starting. When looking at Sota, they were originally a company who makes monsters(they said so themselves,) so it explains why their monsterious figures look better as oppose to their early anime, normal looking characters. As for HD, it is the articulation that is their weakness.

As for HD, it isn't their fault, but I think it is playground maniac since pm is the one who distributes the line in the U.S. If they have another distributor, it would have been different. Sort of like how diaclones in the u.s. failed, but Transformers did not. transformers have robots from microman and diaclones.

Apart from the scale and the early art style that HD used on Ryu and Ken (which is what turned me off from the line in the first place), I could never really get behind this line, because there are so few characters in it so far and the figures take forever to reach stores....10x worse than Sota (I'm sure some will want to talk about quality vs quantity).

I can see why people like 'em....(well apart from Ken and Ryu :P ), but man I know even if I had started out liking them, my hype for them would have died a long time ago with such long gaps between waves.

• 2 weeks later...

On the High Dream Corp. Forums:

We do not want to cancel this line, but we have to. None of our distrbutors seems to be able to bring our action figures to stores..., our fans like you have so much difficulties to find and buy our product, in the end our sales result is too poor compared to our other lines and certainly too poor to produce a well articulated action figure. If you want more information, we believe the best is to contract our distributor playground maniacs, we can't do more here, we do our maximum to make the best toys possible according to markets/budgets and based on our original designs for all our lines. CVS2 AF line is not a failure for its design and manufacturem but the distribution side of it is just not good enough to pursue our work there.

thanks again for you interest in our product.

Sucks :angry: , I was looking forward to the SNK characters moreso than the Capcom ones. Another good line bites the dust.

On the High Dream Corp. Forums:

We do not want to cancel this line, but we have to. None of our distrbutors seems to be able to bring our action figures to stores..., our fans like you have so much difficulties to find and buy our product, in the end our sales result is too poor compared to our other lines and certainly too poor to produce a well articulated action figure. If you want more information, we believe the best is to contract our distributor playground maniacs, we can't do more here, we do our maximum to make the best toys possible according to markets/budgets and based on our original designs for all our lines. CVS2 AF line is not a failure for its design and manufacturem but the distribution side of it is just not good enough to pursue our work there.

thanks again for you interest in our product.

Sucks :angry: , I was looking forward to the SNK characters moreso than the Capcom ones. Another good line bites the dust.

I never really got into the line, but it's always sad to see good toy lines fail.

Does this mean that we won't get our Mai figures unless we get that set?

Mai is coming alright, in wave 2 which according to CSC it's arriving this week!

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.as...2&category=1648

http://www.amazingtoyz.com/

BBTS and Amazingtoyz have better prices

Wave 2 is the last wave. We won't get to see the Terry Bogard wave.