The Trials and Tribulation of Iron Fist

Carolina's Finest

So...yeah.

I've ordered ML9, 10, and 11 through Oroku back when he was doing ML@Cost, so when he stopped and put up that coupon for use through The Outer Reaches, of course I jumped at the chance. I had found X-23 (black) at a Wal-Mart here, but remarkably...no other ML12 to be found in the tri-county area besides that one toy (and even X-23 wasn't in their system, they had to put it in for me to purchase it), so I decided I couldn't stand the wait anymore, since I'm moving to Melbourne in February. I ordered Iron Fist and Astonishing Wolverine because, hey...Iron Fist is a martial arts man and I've always had a soft spot for him and Shang-Chi...and Wolverine because, let's be honest, you can never have enough Wolverine in one's collection.

Oh...and I bought a Buffy toy. That's neither here nor there, I just felt that that needed to be put out there, if there's any question to my toy inventory. So, Iron Fist, Buffy, and ol' Wolvy arrive today at 2, which shocks me since they told me it'd be Wednesday. Well, I'm happy as all get out and get ready to get them set up for their usual places reserved in my "Manly Domain" (a room that isn't my bedroom...but every man needs one if married, no matter how childish we are for buying toys). Wolverine comes out and I get the warning in the back of my head when I see that his claws are super-duper long...and super-duper twisted and bent up. I lay him to the side with a sigh, because normally I try to get one not so screwed up in the claw department so it's an easier fix.

I get to Buffy, put her to the side, and get to Iron Fist, who just looks awesome. Great quality toy. I open the box, I'm hyped, use a fingernail clipper to remove the twisties of death, turn him around, pick him up by his waist and pull him out. With a smile, I pull his right leg down...or...wait, no I don't. The right leg falls into my lap without so much as a love tap. The rest of him is phenomenal, great toy. However, that right leg just seemed destined to fall into my lap and ruin the 11.99 that I paid for my impatience. This is literally the first time this sort of horror story has ever happened to me through Marvel Legends, believe it or not.

I'm sorry for the rambling, but when I'm irritated and somber, I tend to write in an expository fashion. Suffice to say, I'm looking for any way to procure another Iron Fist and needed to share my woes with people who would understand.

Thanks for taking the time.

Damn, sorry man :(

damn Hulk Hogan! Be more gentle with your toys!

that is crazy though, I have never had that happen where a toy just broke... I did have two Snapshot Spidey shoulder joints break because they were stuck.. and I have twisted a few cut-joint pegs apart... but never had a ball joint just break right away

Damn, sorry to hear about your Iron Fist man.

The only trouble I've had with ML12 is the lower torso of Apocalypse, one of the pegs broke off, but Toybiz was kind enough to send me a replacement, I can't wait to get it.

Sorry to hear that man. The only trouble with ML 12 has been that I haven't seen an actual figure anywhere near I live. But if I do I am willing to buy an extra Iron fist and sell it at cost.

See, that's what I was hoping for...that somebody here would have the ability to find one of those Iron Fists on the market and sell it to me. The evils of eBay only seem interested in selling the red variant which I could care less about, and I don't know anything about some other websites who still have ML12 at pre-order. With my impending moving to Australia, I don't want to have to try to learn about import/export and how long it takes our Down Under friends to get all the stuff we get here in the States.

Oh, and MISB? Pfft. I got a half and half collection of out in the open and MISB. Truth be told, the biggest reason the ML9, 10, and 12 get opened is for the BAFs...but I know a good quality toy when I hold one in my hands. Despite, you know, the whole "I Wanna Be an Amputee" Leg action, Iron Fist looked to be a fantastic toy to pose and whatnot.