Most depressing 3 hours of my life

cobia123

I have been a hardcore bengals fan for 17 years. The bengals finally get into the playoffs, and what happens? Carson Palmer is hurt on his first throw of his first playoff game ever. I can safely say it was the most gut wrenching image that has ever crossed my face. There was nothing more painful than cheering at a 66 yard pass only to have my heart drop to my stomach in a matter of seconds. I really cant even begin to state my disgust, once Palmer went down the Bengals hopes to advance went down with him. I wish I had the words to explain my feelings right now, as the only word that comes to mind is "Devastated". I cannot say it was a cheapshot, the man who injured Palmer clearly did not mean to, it was a legal hit, but a devastating hit it was. I wish I had more ways to vent my anger, frustration, sadness etc... but this is all I can think to do.

I would like to thank Marvin Lewis, Carson Palmer, and the rest of the bengals for the great memories of this year. Bengals 06'!

BTW, Steeler fans I wouldnt call this a "win", I'd call it "You guys got the biggest break ever". We had no chance once he went out, and everyone knows it. No reason to be proud of your team.

I have been a hardcore bengals fan for 17 years. The bengals finally get into the playoffs, and what happens? Carson Palmer is hurt on his first throw of his first playoff game ever. I can safely say it was the most gut wrenching image that has ever crossed my face. There was nothing more painful than cheering at a 66 yard pass only to have my heart drop to my stomach in a matter of seconds. I really cant even begin to state my disgust, once Palmer went down the Bengals hopes to advance went down with him. I wish I had the words to explain my feelings right now, as the only word that comes to mind is "Devastated". I cannot say it was a cheapshot, the man who injured Palmer clearly did not mean to, it was a legal hit, but a devastating hit it was. I wish I had more ways to vent my anger, frustration, sadness etc... but this is all I can think to do.

I would like to thank Marvin Lewis, Carson Palmer, and the rest of the bengals for the great memories of this year. Bengals 06'!

BTW, Steeler fans I wouldnt call this a "win", I'd call it "You guys got the biggest break ever". We had no chance once he went out, and everyone knows it. No reason to be proud of your team.

Yeah it just continues for Cinci...losing to SF in the Superbowl by not getting the pick...Akili Smith, Kijana Carter...finally turning things around and BAM down goes Palmer and Henry!!! Kitna fought them for a while though.

Just in case you didnt know, the steelers had 2 big injuries also. So don't hide behind that lousy excuse. I agree, if palmer hadnt of gotten hurt, they might have won. But you dont know that they WOULD have won. Roethlisberger had a great game. I'm sorry that Carson Palmer got hurt, I really am. He's a great quarterback. But seriously, don't call it a break because pittsburgh had already walked into their place and beat once, they did it again. You don't know that the bengals had the sure win. Even if palmer didnt get injured, his knee would still be hurting which would effect his passing, and scrambling. And I'm damn proud of my team. I dont care what you think. The defense still gave up 31 points, pittsburgh's gave up 17. Really the only reason you're saying the bengals didnt have a chance when palmer went out is so you have an excuse. It's called a team sport, when someone goes out, somebody else has to take his place. That's why the bengals shouldn't rely on 2 players, which is basically what you're saying.Kitna's good also, and he just had a bad third quarter, like Roethlisberger had a bad first quarter. Get over it.

Just in case you didnt know, the steelers had 2 big injuries also. So don't hide behind that lousy excuse. I agree, if palmer hadnt of gotten hurt, they might have won. But you dont know that they WOULD have won. Roethlisberger had a great game. I'm sorry that Carson Palmer got hurt, I really am. He's a great quarterback. But seriously, don't call it a break because pittsburgh had already walked into their place and beat once, they did it again. You don't know that the bengals had the sure win. Even if palmer didnt get injured, his knee would still be hurting which would effect his passing, and scrambling. And I'm damn proud of my team. I dont care what you think. The defense still gave up 31 points, pittsburgh's gave up 17. Really the only reason you're saying the bengals didnt have a chance when palmer went out is so you have an excuse. It's called a team sport, when someone goes out, somebody else has to take his place. That's why the bengals shouldn't rely on 2 players, which is basically what you're saying.Kitna's good also, and he just had a bad third quarter, like Roethlisberger had a bad first quarter. Get over it.

BAH! Just be happy you're moving on..to the next game in the playoffs, and let the Cincy fans feel the blues and ponder "what MIGHT have been".

There's nothing to get defensive about or any real reason to beat up on them, about wild speculations.

Pittsburg WON.....isn't that enough to keep you satisfied, and even a little generous enough to let the losers cry even a LITTLE? ;)

You'll be making up your own excuses NEXT week! @smilepunch@

I'm still damn proud of my team. If that happened to us, you wouldn't care.. you'd still be happy w/ the win or w/e. So yea.. The Steelers rock, they're the only AFC team to go to the Playoffs 6 out of 11 yrs. We are pretty consistant in that direction... @haha@

I'm still damn proud of my team. If that happened to us, you wouldn't care.. you'd still be happy w/ the win or w/e. So yea.. The Steelers rock, they're the only AFC team to go to the Playoffs 6 out of 11 yrs. We are pretty consistant in that direction... @haha@

and if that happened to us, it really would have changed the game. Tommy Maddox makes me mad sometimes.