DC direct Identity Crisis Series 1 Zatanna

hong_kong_lad

Shes alright I guess! Thanks for the pic!

Thanks for the pics man. She looks good, but the figure isn't really doing anything for me, so I think I'll pass.

VERY intresting. i see some black spots, but thats clearly being picky, looks decent. im still on the edge about picking this line up, i loved the story line, lol but damn man....moore money....gah, if these were all 9.99 itd be 21034978 times easier!

What's her scale size? I hope 6'. I want this whole wave, but only if they're in 6' scale with Hawkman being the only one that should stand around 6 1/2 tall. I will be super POed if these are in 7' scale!

She looks not bad, how ever its a charecter I have very little interest in right now ... TOo bad they couldn't get these suckers out on time, with the actaul books :P

Can't wait for the dr light from that wave though for sure :D

What's her scale size? I hope 6'. I want this whole wave, but only if they're in 6' scale with Hawkman being the only one that should stand around 6 1/2 tall. I will be super POed if these are in 7' scale!

According to the April 2005 edition of Previews, the Identity Crisis Zatanna action figure will be 6.5" high. Black Canary from series 2 will likewise be 6.5" yet Hawkman is going to be the tallest of them all at 7.75".

OmegaHarbinger

Edited by OmegaHarbinger

According to the April 2005 edition of Previews, the Identity Crisis Zatanna action figure will be 6.5" high. Black Canary from series 2 will likewise be 6.5" yet Hawkman is going to be the tallest of them all at 7.75".

OmegaHarbinger

Hopefully those are pre-shrunk prototype hgts & not actual hgts of the figs. I'm not buying a 6 1/2 inch tall Zatanna that's gonna tower over the vast majority of my male JL figures! If this wave is bigger than the norm, then DCDirect just lost a bunch of $$ from me! If they are moving to a 7' scale then I'm done with buying DCfigures. Guess I'll find out Feb 8 or whenever these come out!

i hate that outfit. i'll still get the figure though. This, Hawkman and Green Arrow. The rest are gonna stay put because i don't know who the hell they are.

That implies you don't know who either Deadshot or Dr. Light happen to be. On television, Floyd Lawton first appeared in "The Enemy Below" in Justice League season 1 and later starred in "Task Force X" from season 4. Likewise, Dr. Light can be seen in 6 Teen Titans episodes. So they're not the most wellknown DC characters but it's safe to say they have more fans than an obscure Green Lantern like Tomar-Re.

OmegaHarbinger

Hopefully those are pre-shrunk prototype hgts & not actual hgts of the figs. I'm not buying a 6 1/2 inch tall Zatanna that's gonna tower over the vast majority of my male JL figures! If this wave is bigger than the norm, then DCDirect just lost a bunch of $$ from me! If they are moving to a 7' scale then I'm done with buying DCfigures. Guess I'll find out Feb 8 or whenever these come out!

The heights listed in Previews have always been correct as far as I can tell so it's extremely unlikely those are prototype heights. Your observation is probably correct that virtually all DC Direct action figures will be taller than 6" from now on. I believe Silver Age Lois Lane is going to be the smallest upcoming DC Direct action figure within the next 6 months and she's intended to be 5.875".

OmegaHarbinger

HI all

This figure is not offical released one, I think the seller should get it from china factory , this is a Bad QC figure ,selling to someone on cheap price,,,,many this kind of figure selling in HK,,,I brought JLU Black candy also., they do not have package,and accessories,

OmegaHarbinger So those two other guys in the line are from TV shows and not the actual books??

No, I didn't mean to say that. I'm just a little surprised that someone with a Tomar-Re avatar would be unaware of both Deadshot and Dr. Light since they had speaking roles on Justice League Unlimited & Teen Titans. Deadshot made his first appearance in Batman #59 (June-July 1950) but I highly doubt he looked like he does nowadays that early on.

The original Dr. Light was one of Dr. Mid-Nite's enemies. He made his debut in All-American Comics #82 (February 1947). Then, Arthur Light was introduced in Justice League of America #12 (June 1962). This is the character who played a pivotal role in Identity Crisis.

OmegaHarbinger

Oh okay I got it now.

I've never wached the Justice Leauge cartoon. It looks awesome and i loved the old batman one i just never got around to getting my ass up early enough to watch it on Saturday (it's on at like 6). I'll check it out when the whole series comes out on DVD (if it does that is, hopefully).

And the Teen Titans i could never bring myself to watch, it feels to manga-ish to me. And i'm not a fan of the Teen Titans reallly.

The Zatanna looks decent. I didn't like the costume either (as Bigsexy944 has already said) but, it IS Identity Crisis so, I'll get the set.

Question for you Hong Kong Lad: Does Zatanna have a hard time standing up or some thing? Why is the full picture of her taken with her lying down? I hope she's able to stand.

She needs the black custome with the fishnets. @sonar@

But the figure is of her from Identity Crisis....

Zatanna joined the JLofA in issue 161, wearing a copy of her mother's costume. About a year later, George Perez designed her this new costume and she wore it from then through the end of her membership - I think her last appearance as a member was JLofA 257. That is a decent length of time.

DC Direct has made her in the Magicians outfit that she currently wears, early on in the line. I bought it, expecting they would never revisit her. For fans of the Satellite JLA, its nice to see her in the costume she wore for so long in so many adventures.

After it comes out, feel free to PM me. I might just be willing to sell you my old one.

(It appears she may be included in the coat and tails costume in the Alex Ross Justice line as well. Rumor also has it Zatanna may appear in the JLUnlimited line from Mattel in 2006.)