PANTS OR NO PANTS

DOCHOLIDAY56

if hasbro were to "ACTUALLY" make a COBRA INFANTRY OR VIPER SIGMA SIX STYLE

would they have PANTS or NO PANTS???

WHAT WOULD YOU ALLL WANT???

AND WOULD THEY HAVE BOOTS LIKE THE JOES OR SOMETHING DIFFRENT??

OPINIONS PLEASE

DOC

Basically, I think clothes (with some esxceptions) look stupid. Duke's vest is the primary exception. Snake Eyes shoulder pads pretty much sum up the list of acceptable clothes.

Spirit's and Heavy Duty's just look ridiculous, really.

I would prefer any clothing concepts be used sparingly... but the removable body armor (which they seem to wear on the show) would be cool. Also, removable helmets.

Tom

If you like undressing your dolls..then I guess cloth accessories are a must! ^_^

In the old days (my days) we had pretty much the same damn figure, with only the difference of hair color and even skin color, but they were the same damn doll.

What made them unique from each other, was their "dress" or uniform you'd put them in, and I'd get just the uniform packs all the time, to make my same figure a NEW character, even though I still had 5-6 12" Joes....I had tons of uniforms to dress them up in, to fit the adventure of the day and their "team".

The 80's came along....and suddenly the figures were smaller, but BIGGER in all their individual glory and characterization. No need to have removable garments, just interchangable accessories and weapons, not to mention coolass rides.

This (I believe) is were the 3 3/4" Joes took the slight advantage over my good old 12" Joes, and even though I still collect some of the 12" stuff....that's just my own personal dabble into nostalgia of MY era. The smaller Joes still offer something a little more, to excite my imagination and interest.

What's this got to do with panted or depanted Sigma Six dolls?

HELL I DON'T KNOW! @loll@ But I guess, I'm just not a big fan of the mix between part plastic, part cloth, and just because S6 is an amalgation of the two better lines....I don't like the combo of it. ^_^

Ok, well, I thought this thread would be about something else, based on the title of it. Hmm, disappointing. ^_^

Anyway, I guess it really doesn't matter. Spirit, Heavy Duty, etc. came with removable attire, and if ya don't like it (as many do not), remove it. That seems to work out just fine, so either way, I'm fine.

Anyway, I guess it really doesn't matter. Spirit, Heavy Duty, etc. came with removable attire, and if ya don't like it (as many do not), remove it. That seems to work out just fine, so either way, I'm fine.

Like I said...if you're into UNDRESSING your Joes! @smilepunch@

Pants!

As much as Hasbro charges for these things, they might as well toss in as much as they can.

There's a pandoras box to be opened! WHAT they just arbitrarily decide to "toss in" can sometimes be the problem. ^_^

Cloth pants over top of painted on tighties? @hmmm@ I'd hope somebody would intercept that "toss"! ;)

Well cloth pants (to me at least) indicate they're willing to spend more to give you more for the money. All-plastic is a sign of cheapness to me, since plastic costs nothing.

Guess "cheapness" is a relative term, in that the 3 3/4" Joes are all plastic, and when done WELL, are not "cheap" as far as in anything to do with why we like and collect them, however, when Hasbro was making some of the 12" Joes, in plastic shirts or pants...now THAT was "cheap" (IMO) and went against the whole concept of the scale and what it offered over and beyond the 3 3/4" all plastic Joes.

When the 12" line used partial cloth along with plastic coverage (instead of just skin) I thought that was rather cheap and goofy looking. I guess I'd view the same thing when seeing it implemented on the 8" scale as well.

For that scale, for the most part, you're right. They have been cheap, like substituting cloth capes on clasic figures for plastic on new versions (Dr. Mindbender somes to mind).

For a larger scale, there's more room to use things like cloth, so I do expect it when it is necessary to use it.

I agree and also as much removable body armor as possible.

I think it is a cool concept to have lots of bidy armor.

Pants!

As much as Hasbro charges for these things, they might as well toss in as much as they can.

.........as far as the 12" goes,,,[no matter what i say, it's innuendo city..]....cloth is fine. though when the 'kung-fu' grip came out, the joes had molded on underwear, which was fine w/ me.........like V.H. it was the 'outer wear' that made the man........

Basically, I think clothes (with some esxceptions) look stupid. Duke's vest is the primary exception. Snake Eyes shoulder pads pretty much sum up the list of acceptable clothes.

Spirit's and Heavy Duty's just look ridiculous, really.

I would prefer any clothing concepts be used sparingly... but the removable body armor (which they seem to wear on the show) would be cool. Also, removable helmets.

Tom

Tom as usual you are so right. Clothes are just plain stupid. We as a society should just run around with no clothes on at all. Men run with your third leg out...women give your twins some breathing room. I know it would be easier for me to choose a mate if I knew what her breast looked like. Wait we are talking about women running around with their clothes off right? Or are we talking about S6 stuff? I think S6 should have clothing when appropiate.

Who really cares?

me---------

im working on a custom infantry and viper for sigma six styles

and i just wanted some much appricitated input

i guess ill try a few diffrent mock ups and go from there ------

FOR MY COBRA INFANTRY I AM USING A COMMANDER BASE -----WITH KAMAKURA HEAD

AND ILL KIT BASH FROM THERE-------

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT SO FAR GUYS

LATER

DOC

One good example of how goofy, this part plastic..part cloth garment thing is, is right here...

SIGMA SIX FIGURE

With the long trench coat, over his skinny-ass, plastic molded, skin-tight body suit of a body....he looks like a pervert, a FLASHER! @loll@

thats also a crappy pose, but ok.

The cloth clothes depend ont eh toy. Strom shadow looks awesome with the baggy pants. snake eyeslooks stupid. Heavy Duty looks cool. spirit....im undecided on largely... Duke looks AWESOME in his jacket. And Snakes and Tyunnel Rat both have just combat webbign which suits em.

i think it can be cool if done right