DC super heroes line

General Grievous

well, its after xmas, and to my surprise a lot of new toys have hit shelves. i really do like the fact that all the DC toys, and that includes the justice legue, are all called dc super heroes. it makes everything seem like one big line, but with differant scales, and featuring diffferant characters. and no, i dont usually keep thing misb. i picked up the DC super heroes scarecrow, and i actually found batman. i love em. DC is making a complete comback. theyre making an awsome toy line, with nice articulation. theyre expanding the justice league line with the same style packaging, so people would actually notice it a lot more. (dunno why, but it is more noticable.) what are you views on these figures? i think they kick ass.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see these. So gettin em.

I'm down with the sclupts but the articulation could use some work. The upper body is great but the legs need some more movement, judging this by the Batman.

Edited by g-hero

I think series 1 kinda sucks because they are all old figures... they look 10 years old!

they don't have any accessories or bases, and the articulation is very limited.

I know that they rushed these figures out, so that might be an excuse.

I have high hopes for series 2, when NEW figures actually get put out.

I hope it does well, but they will have to do better because they are a rip-off for what you get for 10 bucks.

I also think it is kinda lame that we have heard 6 waves, which will take all of 2006 and probably part of 2007, but only Batman and Superman will get attention..

these are some things that will definitely hurt this line in comparison to Marvel Legends.

I was hoping this would be more like DC Legends because I want:

Batman

Superman

Wonderwoman

Flash

Aquaman

Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Martian Manhunter

Robin

Red Tornado

Captain Marvel

Hawkman

Firestorm

Joker

Catwoman

Penguin

Riddler

Mr.Freeze

Lex Luthor

Bizarro

Reverse Flash

Black Mantis

Sinestro

etc...

Series 2 and Darkseid look more promising. I'm really hoping they incorporate the base, because thse aren't worth $10 by themselves with minute accessories. I'm really looking forward to Robin and hoping he's extra poseable. Neither DCD or Mattel has gotten Tim Drake right, imo.

I think series 1 kinda sucks because they are all old figures... they look 10 years old!

I hope it does well, but they will have to do better because they are a rip-off for what you get for 10 bucks.

I also think it is kinda lame that we have heard 6 waves, which will take all of 2006 and probably part of 2007, but only Batman and Superman will get attention..

these are some things that will definitely hurt this line in comparison to Marvel Legends.

Batman

Superman

Wonderwoman

Flash

Aquaman

Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Martian Manhunter

Robin

Red Tornado

Captain Marvel

Hawkman

Firestorm

Joker

Catwoman

Penguin

Riddler

Mr.Freeze

Lex Luthor

Bizarro

Reverse Flash

Black Mantis

Sinestro

etc...

They have accessories...

Batman - grapple gun, batarang, batcuffs & a comic book

Scarecrow - sickel & skull fear gas container & a comicbook

Bane - Osito (Teddy bear) & comic book.

Killer Croc - pipe & comic book

They have articulation...

Batman - has 19 PoA which is 9 PoA more than Zipline had (just give him the hinged hips, ball jointed neck & thigh cuts and he's perfect)

Scarecrow - Has 25 POA which personally would be the most I'd want on a figure this size. I don't need double elbows & knees, each figure to be articlated or toe articulation.

Bane - has 18 POA

Killer Croc - Only has 10 POA and is the only one who suffers from lack of articulation.

As for the rest of the DCU being made Mattel has said since day one if these sell then they hope to expande the DCU in 2007.

PJ

Here's pics of Batman -

http://www.rocuniverse.com/forums//viewtopic.php?t=6553

And here's Scarecrow, Bane & Croc -

http://www.rocuniverse.com/forums//viewtop...c584ad2d28767e0

No offense but the DC Superheroes line still look expensive to me.

$10 for just a figure, cost a bit higher than the Batamn 6" line but the accessories and the figure itself shouldnt cost that much.

It's cheaper then they thought they'd be. When Mattel first asked us what we thought about having a 6" DC line geared towards the collectors...They (Mattel guys) siad it would probably cost about $12. So they are $2 cheaper than I thought they'd be. But personally I think Croc was the only one I thought was priced too high for what I received. It's a much better figure then it's first release, but it still should only have been $7. If all the figures have 19-25 POA then to me they are worth spending $9-$10 a figure.

PJ

It's cheaper then they thought they'd be. When Mattel first asked us what we thought about having a 6" DC line geared towards the collectors...They (Mattel guys) siad it would probably cost about $12. So they are $2 cheaper than I thought they'd be. But personally I think Croc was the only one I thought was priced too high for what I received. It's a much better figure then it's first release, but it still should only have been $7. If all the figures have 19-25 POA then to me they are worth spending $9-$10 a figure.

PJ

that is because you have probably been buying DCD figures, so you are used to spending too much for figures.

I stil can't fathom how this line costs 10 bucks a figure.. they are 2-3 bucks more than ML, and give us a whole lot less.

Marvel Legends created the formula for Mattel to follow, so I don't understand why they decided to do them like this.

For what we got in series 1, I think the price should be 6 bucks, tops.

they have to get rid of the t-crotch.. it is horrible. and they need to include more stuff with the figures. You are saying they have plenty of articulation and accessories??

Well, my Black Panther can do any pose I want him to, and he comes with a piece of a giant Sentinel robot... Bane can uh... movie his arms around and move his legs up or down, and he comes with a teddy bear.. plus, he costs 2 bucks more!

Fantastic! @lol@

Guest DavAnthony

Clam,

I agree. If Mattel had shipped the amped up articulation we were led to believe we were getting from the start then I would of gone for this price. I'll be passing on this first wave though.

I plan on getting future waves because the figures are "supposed" to have hinged abs, hinged hips, ball jointed knecks and basically evertying else ML figures have except for double joints and articulated fingers.

I am skeptical that we will get that articulation though. "insiders" have said we will and the only reason this wave was regurgitated was to get the product out quick for the holidays but I still think they should of waited and released that awesome Batman prototype from San Diego and also the added articulation that the 4 horsemen added to Bane.

If Mattel cuts back on the articulation there won't be any way in hell I'll be picking up any figures.

These rule.

they are much better characters than ML.

I think ML looks like crap bc they are over articulated.

I am not playing with them so i dont have to make batman put his legs behinhis head and i dont need to have bane dance the macerana.

I think they are well sculpted and that my friends is worth my 10 dollars.

look at the supergirl pics we have seen.

she dosent look like a man like most of the ml female figures.

Just a point about price...they are $10 at Target, but under $9 at Walmart, so they are not $10 everywhere as stated in many messages on this thread. Also, I think there is plent of articulation and accesories. I have a bigger gripe about the lack of bases at the $9-$10 pricepoint.

Batman

Superman

Wonderwoman

Flash

Aquaman

Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Martian Manhunter

Robin

Red Tornado

Captain Marvel

Hawkman

Firestorm

Joker

Catwoman

Penguin

Riddler

Mr.Freeze

Lex Luthor

Bizarro

Reverse Flash

Black Mantis

Sinestro

etc...

They have accessories...

Batman - grapple gun, batarang, batcuffs & a comic book

Scarecrow - sickel & skull fear gas container & a comicbook

Bane - Osito (Teddy bear) & comic book.

Killer Croc - pipe & comic book

They have articulation...

Batman - has 19 PoA which is 9 PoA more than Zipline had (just give him the hinged hips, ball jointed neck & thigh cuts and he's perfect)

Scarecrow - Has 25 POA which personally would be the most I'd want on a figure this size. I don't need double elbows & knees, each figure to be articlated or toe articulation.

Bane - has 18 POA

Killer Croc - Only has 10 POA and is the only one who suffers from lack of articulation.

As for the rest of the DCU being made Mattel has said since day one if these sell then they hope to expande the DCU in 2007.

PJ

Here's pics of Batman -

http://www.rocuniverse.com/forums//viewtopic.php?t=6553

And here's Scarecrow, Bane & Croc -

http://www.rocuniverse.com/forums//viewtop...c584ad2d28767e0

Wait! Bane came with his Teddy?! Crap! I didn't see it! I threw the package away already! Where was it in his package?

You didn't miss the Teddy. Well, you did . . . but not in the one you bought. Some Bane's come with Osito and some do not. It's right in front and no one would miss it.

That's why I have yet to buy him. I want the stupid Teddy bear because I'ma completist.

Anyway, don't kick yourself, kick Mattel.

You didn't miss the Teddy. Well, you did . . . but not in the one you bought. Some Bane's come with Osito and some do not. It's right in front and no one would miss it.

That's why I have yet to buy him. I want the stupid Teddy bear because I'ma completist.

That blows! I didn't know that. So how rare is the one with Osoito? Looks like I'll be picking up another Bane. *Kicks Mattel*

Are there any other varients in this wave?

These rule.

they are much better characters than ML.

I think ML looks like crap bc they are over articulated.

I am not playing with them so i dont have to make batman put his legs behinhis head and i dont need to have bane dance the macerana.

I think they are well sculpted and that my friends is worth my 10 dollars.

look at the supergirl pics we have seen.

she dosent look like a man like most of the ml female figures.

I feel the same way. I have bought Marvel Legends figures here and there, but I ended up selling them because I can't stand their weak joints and suffering sculpts due to overarticulation. I love the character selection that ML has and I grew up reading way more Marvel than DC, so I have a better liking for their characters, but I just don't like the figures enough to buy them.

Mattel seems to be adding just the right amount of articulation in my opinion. That's the thing though, there are people who like ML, people who like DC Superheroes, and people who like both. It's just our different tastes.

Edited by Bespin refugee

Just a point about price...they are $10 at Target, but under $9 at Walmart, so they are not $10 everywhere as stated in many messages on this thread. Also, I think there is plent of articulation and accesories. I have a bigger gripe about the lack of bases at the $9-$10 pricepoint.

they are 9.99 at Target, where Marvel legends are 6.88 or 7.99 (depending which location).

they will probably be 9.99 at TRU also.

and they are 8.88 at Walmarts, where ML are 6.89 or 7.44

Some dudes forgot how Marvel Legends started; Hulk, Thing, Toad. These were from wave 1 and 2. So lets DC superheroes to have at least 3 wave and we can talk.

yeah, but that was how it started (and I think Hulk and Thing are miles better than Croc and Bane).. there is no reason for DC to go back to the beginning of 6 inch figure origins with this line..

They have seen the ML evolution, they should jump right into where ML is now, not where it started 4 years ago.

I really, really, hope that Mattel will make a huge leap with series 2.. These figures are all old, so maybe the new ones will be on par with what they should be. If not, get ready to have this line canceled before wave 4.

That blows! I didn't know that. So how rare is the one with Osoito? Looks like I'll be picking up another Bane. *Kicks Mattel*

Are there any other varients in this wave?

It was a running change it seems part of the first shipment went out without Osito in it. But it has been corrected. So once this line becomes more readily avalible we'll see plenty of Bane w/ Osito. Once they are at all mass retail stores and the stores start getting their second shipment the one without Osito will be the hard to find one.

PJ