Official "not going to the Con" list

Crimson Twins

Well, I do appreciate people's opinions, but like was said in the first post that MaceWinduPreview pointed out, this is not a place to try and convince people one way or another. I was simply interested in knowing who all was going. I know that the tourist district is pretty much back up and running. That was even stated on the news that it was pretty much the first part of the city to get up and running again. That's all fine and good. Fact is, if there had never been a hurricane there, I still would not have wanted to go to one in New Orleans. I never liked it there, and I would have much prefered something in TX where the drive would be minimal. Like I said, let's just keep this to simple "No, I'm not going."

This works both ways. Please don't try and rag on the city, or try to convince people not to go either.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do appreciate people's opinions, but like was said in the first post that MaceWinduPreview pointed out, this is not a place to try and convince people one way or another. I was simply interested in knowing who all was going. I know that the tourist district is pretty much back up and running. That was even stated on the news that it was pretty much the first part of the city to get up and running again. That's all fine and good. Fact is, if there had never been a hurricane there, I still would not have wanted to go to one in New Orleans. I never liked it there, and I would have much prefered something in TX where the drive would be minimal. Like I said, let's just keep this to simple "No, I'm not going."

This works both ways. Please don't try and rag on the city, or try to convince people not to go either.

I agree with you completely, I dont want to see an argument about new orleans start and I didnt want to see collectors bickering over the subject, I wasnt trying to be mean to the guy, I just wanted to see the thread stay the course you started it on.

I saw on the news yesterday where a judge extended how long hurricane victims can stay in the hotels. Now it's pushed back to February, which is expected to cause problems for Mardi Gras.

There's a possibility that when they have to leave can get pushed back again, and the hotels can still be full of Katrina evacuees, so for those who are going, I'd check on a weekly basis confirming hotel reservations for a month leading up to the con.