Marvel Zizzlingers!!!!!!!!!

Anakin Skywalker

Didn't see this posted yet. Anyone bought these yet? I saw them today at Target, must've passed 'em about ten times and never paid them any mind. There kinda like these garbage monster things my brother and I would get at the dollar store in the early '90s. Basically it's a opague white bag that dissolves in water. It's got blue alka seltzer powder that makes it fizz up and you're left with a couple 2 inch Marvel characters. Five bucks though, a little steap for what you get, but I really like them. Anyone else igot these? :D

I got Inisible Woman and Juggernaut.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, yeah, I just picked some up today too. I thought my 4 year old would get a kick out of them. Are the figures painted as well as it appears on the package (I haven't given them to him yet, I'm going to give them to him when I pick him up from school).

LOL, I actually just posted a topic about these things a few days ago but I couldn't remember the name of the damn things so it wasn't in my title thread. I bought one and also got Jugs & Invisible Woman. They are actually pretty cool, but I don't like the fact that you run the risk of getting the same ones over and over again. Paint job is not stellar but it is better than what you would expect from figs that form out of powder...

Pictures Please! ^_^

I just googled it and nothing came up. If I buy another one I will take pics.

We ended up getting Venom, Human Torch and Jean Gray (got a lucky 3 pack). I'm pretty impressed with the quality and size. They look much better than the mini Marvel guys that were $.88 a piece, of course, I'd hope so for the price. I'll put pictures up later too.

That's funny that we both got Juggs and IW. I was hoping they were packed a little more random. Actually I was expecting them to be in separate bags, instead of the one big one. I kinda want to get a few more now. I think it's cool that they make two Spidermans. That way kids and collectors have a better shot at getting him.

Here's the cardback so you can see all the guys. There's 24 in series 1.

cardback.jpg

Haha, no, they're just mini figures in a paper bag with powder that fizzes and the water dissolves the bag too. The gimmick is aimed at kids obviously. But the figures are pretty cool, if you can get past the price.

The game is like rock, paper, scissors. Only they use animals: elephant, mouse, bird, snake, mongoose (pictured on the bottom of the figure). And these have various strengths against the other animals e.g. elephant can stomp on the snake and mongoose but is scared of the mouse and can't catch the bird. So, yeah, maybe it's not the greatest game in the world.

Edited by range.viper

I saw these today and a bunch of other marvel toys at target. I also saw the die casts again, I'm not sure if they're the same cheap ones because the ones I saw were about $4. did they hike up the price? I'm sure they're the same size as the really cheap ones I saw a couple days before. I didn't want them, but I was surprised about the price.

haha.. lame game..

and once again Marvel makes a mistake with a new toyline.. if you want me to collect it you have to include Namor and Colossus!

that being said, I might be buying up the first SuperHero Showdown figures if I like the Namor and Colossus ones later this year

Yeah, I'll pick these up when I see them :D

I'm a fool for mini figures lol