New Customs by KamenDreda

KamenDreda

Hey Guys. I don't do customs as often as alot of you but when I do I try to make them as simple as I can. LBC is the was to go! But latley I have been getting more adventerous. Here are a few customs I have completed iover the last few weeks/months.

This is also a test to see how well my new digital Camera works...

First up is Buzzer. He is obviously only half finished. As soon as I get my DD Comic packs Hanibals legs are going to finish him off!

000_0008.jpg

Flint. THis is the first time I have ever used milliput on a joe figure... worked out pretty well... I think.

000_0012.jpg

000_0013.jpg

Shipwreck. This figure is 100% painted. Nothing is as it originally was which I usually don't do. I also sealed it with a clear coat... also I usually don't do that either... THe hat is sculpted with Milliput. Not as happy with this figure as I could be.

000_0015.jpg

Mercer... The lower legs are not painted at all... Just the VvV Blue and Red viper...

000_0018.jpg

000_0019.jpg

Snow Job and Frostbite. I love those comic pack heads!

000_0017.jpg

And FInally this cobra guy... I have no idea who he is... I started oud trying to make an Overlord but decided I just really liked the look of that October Guard head. BUt I just can't figure out who I want him to be. Any suggestions?

000_0010.jpg

000_0014.jpg

Yeah, me Too, I like that Shipwreck the Best. What parts did you use for him?

They all look cool. I love the comicpack Heads too, I haven't found a use for some of my extras but I see plenty of ideas here and in other boards.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Wow! KD, man you have some great custom skils. You have no reason to only do LBC! lol My fav is the Shipwreck. And I like that Buzzer head on the Gung Ho chest! I may have to get another Buzzer to do that.

Draven

I like 'em! Great work. The Buzzer recipe for the top half is what I had in mind as well. Dang, I never thought to use those arms. Great choice! His legs are undecided with me as well. I thought of Switch Gears, but hi is way too tall. Wave 6 Torch would work but where am I gonna get an extra. I never thought of Rock n Roll for Snow Job. He works! I only have one of him too and he's in the 'verse already. Clutch to Frostbite! Another hit! I dig it! Mercer is pretty right on as well. A little tweaked Leatherneck does the trick. I'm feelin' em dude. Nice!

VAN DAMN! dude all of those joints look dope. and your paint aps are very good they look like you have been doing customs for a while. nice job you have some great work there my man.

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words guys. I am honestly surprised that most of you like shipwreck the best. He is one of my least favorites!

MawPower - He is made up of the VvV Shipwreck Head, Alpine torso and arms and Spy troops Destro waist and legs.

Draven - That buzzer head works great! It just took some heavy moding of the ball joint to make it work.

Jesse - Thanks man! The Zodiac is kinda on an unofficial hold right now... more like writers block (or painters block if you will) But you can see what I have done here... hasn't changed in a while though... http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1999680

CC - You are right... he is a bit chicken-esk... isn't he? LOL

TR1ER - Yep... Since I was about 7 or 8... You would think after 20 years I would be better. :(

Phanstar - LBC stands for Lazy Bastard Custom... Basically a custom with little to no painting. Mostly just part swaping. Personally I love LBC's. Minimal effort resulting in a whole new character...

And again... thanks everyone for the kind words!

Edited by KamenDreda

Great work KD! I agree with most of the others I really like your Shipwreck, but you did a fantastic job on all of them. Kudos!

I wish I could paint. :(

I dig the Frostbite though. If I ever get around to opening my Ice Sabre I'll have to do that switch after grabbing another Comic Pack Clutch. :)

-Kevin

agreed that custom is right up my alley........if i caN only find a stinkin frostbite though.....i already have an extra clutch

But I haaaaate Dasani water @hmmm@ filtered tap water... #yuk@#

Dasani (Coke product) tastes better than Aquafina (Pepsi product)!! Aquafina tastes like mud puddle water. @puke@

Edited by Jase

That's because it's filtered tap water and it probably sits inthe warehouse for 3 monthes getting all stagnett(SP?) lol.. they both taste like crap, but I have to agree with you... Aquafina tastes the worse of the two... now figi water... dat be some daaaayum good water, and a sweet odd bottle to boot!!!