New X-Men Legends

dreamer

You've just proved my point. As you can see in the pic it's clearly silver. If it was white, then the whole white portion would be white, and not shaded with black. White cloth does not reflect light, only silver does. Shaded with black is clearly an attempt to do SILVER.

And I don't see how it was such a bad attempt? Let's see YOU do better.

umm.. white does ya know, turn black where there's no light. you realize that right? shading and what not.

And I can't do better, I don't have any art talent.

i take that back, if it was up to me i would have just drawn it black had that been what i intended

If you don't know the artist that created the costume, then why would your opinion matter?

oh good one hah

who said i didn't know who created the costume?

boy squeezeplay is taking this personal

all i want to know is why people are so defensive about the black costume idea. Where'd they get the black costume in the first place? It clearly looks white

so how do you do a bunch of separate quotes like that

Edited by amazingdm

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh good one hah

who said i didn't know who created the costume?

so how do you do a bunch of separate quotes like that

From your posts it sounds like you have no idea who he is. I mean, the guy created that look for her.

White cloth does NOT "turn black" anywhere. It looks uniformly one color or another in different amounts of light. Silver, however, would show highlights from a reflection exactly like that pic.

The scene that pic is taken from is in bright direct light, the black parts are shading from the reflection of the cape and other things.

And you keep saying something about the costume being black. You clearly don't have a grasp of the subject of the arguement. It's between silver and white, no menton of black at all.

If you want to know how to quote multiple posts, quote one and then look at the coding around the quote in the reply area. All you have to do is copy and paste it or click those new quote buttons and then click reply to quote them all.

My comics have been packed away for a few years now. Got a pic handy?

Wait, you mean the one in Synch's sig? Silvestri obviously meant that to be black...

Edited by squeezeplay

squeezeplay if there is no light present, it WILL be black. Black is the absence of light. That's what that black stuff is, shading.

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU'RE ARGUING WHETHER IT'S OVER SILVER OR WHITE???? GOOD LORD THAT'S STUPID!

I know about the quoting codes but are you telling me you manually entered all those on your own? Isn't there an easier way to do that?

i know who jim lee is/was.. i just don't think he's a big deal

holy crap!

are you guys still arguing about what color her costume is??

this has turned into the stupidest topic ever

Hehe....well no one ever wants to be wrong. :P

When I get it, I'll take a pic of me smiling with it, while wearing my Storm shirt, it'll be great, you guys wait... :D

Can't wait dude. ;)

how do you do that snowman

Just keep replying to peoples post, as long as no one post again before you reply to another comment it will just be added to what you said before. :)

No prob, and I don't really think there is a limit on the quotes.

Anyways, back on topic, is there any other mold that has been used already that people want to see in this line? (new paint and/or modified sculpt) For me I would love them to do over XMC Cylops....but with a new torso and pelvis, he's my main Cyclops figure as I don't really like the ML10 version.

indeed we need a 90's Cyclops for sure

colossus would be nice if he were redone with the correct colors

a simple reissue of apocalypse would be nice, maybe with the original prototype colors/paints

ml12 wolverine with better colors or tiger stripe colors

here's a question though, why does toybiz ALWAYS add some kind of "Wash".. like cyclops.. that one is ridiculously stupid

Just keep replying to peoples post, as long as no one post again before you reply to another comment it will just be added to what you said before. :)

Actually you can just go down the page and hit the "+Quote" thing, all the way down if you wanted to, then go to the bottom and click "Add Reply" and when the page loads where you type in your reply, all the quotes you selected will be there.

Just figured that out myself :D

indeed we need a 90's Cyclops for sure

colossus would be nice if he were redone with the correct colors

a simple reissue of apocalypse would be nice, maybe with the original prototype colors/paints

ml12 wolverine with better colors or tiger stripe colors

here's a question though, why does toybiz ALWAYS add some kind of "Wash".. like cyclops.. that one is ridiculously stupid

For the most part I'm really happy with Colossus, but if they made him with a chrome finish (without the damn wash and nice bright colors) I would get him in a heartbeat.

Yeah a lot of people never had the opportunity to get Apocalypse, so I would be all for that....though I still kinda hope they would down size the ML12 BAF Apocalypse in the 6" scale.

OH, don't get me started on the stupid wash, sometimes a little is fine.....but the lost couple of waves they have been out of control with it. @hmmm@

Actually you can just go down the page and hit the "+Quote" thing, all the way down if you wanted to, then go to the bottom and click "Add Reply" and when the page loads where you type in your reply, all the quotes you selected will be there.

Really??? Damn thanks for the info. :)

Yes the one in Synch signature. Here is a link to that costume drawn by Jim Lee.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/...bigcostume4.jpg

This is a black costume but with the way Lee highlights his black costumes they tend to look white.

Here is a description of the Jim Lee costume:

The original five X-Men rejoining and the group splitting up into two strikeforces marked the return of individual uniforms. Her hair grown back, Storm took to wearing another long-sleeved black leather suit, similar to the one worn in the outback, though without the lightning bolt motif. Her cape was attached in front with two X-symbols encircled in red. She wore the outfit for a long time and it is probably her best-known look. [X-Men (2nd series) #1]

The costume was suppose to be black(in the comics). Not white, not silver.It was a shiney black costume reflecting the light which gave it it's white look. I wish I still had my old Wizard magazine where Jim Lee talked about this.

I will say that the costume on the cartoon was white.There's really no getting around that. You can't even go witht the silver arguemnt there otherwise how do you explain the Silver Surfer cartoon or Colossus for that matter. The Surfer wasn't white on the cartoon.

But like you stated before trying to change someones mind never really works now does it?

My 2 cents

Yes the one in Synch signature. Here is a link to that costume drawn by Jim Lee.

This is a black costume but with the way Lee highlights his black costumes they tend to look white.

The original five X-Men rejoining and the group splitting up into two strikeforces marked the return of individual uniforms. Her hair grown back, Storm took to wearing another long-sleeved black leather suit, similar to the one worn in the outback, though without the lightning bolt motif. Her cape was attached in front with two X-symbols encircled in red. She wore the outfit for a long time and it is probably her best-known look. [X-Men (2nd series) #1]

The costume was suppose to be black(in the comics). Not white, not silver.It was a shiney black costume reflecting the light which gave it it's white look. I wish I still had my old Wizard magazine where Jim Lee talked about this.

I will say that the costume on the cartoon was white.There's really no getting around that. You can't even go witht the silver arguemnt there otherwise how do you explain the Silver Surfer cartoon or Colossus for that matter. The Surfer wasn't white on the cartoon.

But like you stated before trying to change someones mind never really works now does it?

My 2 cents

BRAVO! #US1#

THANK YOU. I have been saying that for years, ever since Hasbro starting doing that with Joes. I HATE paint washes.

That is what I meant. That or do it by hand (I used a combination of both to clean up my post).

storm-bigcostume4.jpg

I disagree. You're talking about a costume that he drew trying to make it look shiny black (which I can easily tell it is, as evidenced by the fact that I said black). I don't believe that all his costumes look like something he didn't intend. You can tell because I think this one is black (which he intended) and I think the OTHER costume is SILVER (which he also intended).

I can believe this costume was black easier than I could believe it was white. I still think he meant it to be silver though.

storm-bigcostume6.jpg

It doesn't matter what color the TAS animators made THAT version. THAT version is not the one in question. My original statement that there IS no WHITE costume was in reference to the fact that any version colored white was an obvious misinterpretation of the Lee art. And I believe that they made the metalic skin of the other characters different in an attempt to make silver cloth look different than actual metal.

My 2 cents

That would explain why Toy Biz gave us the black ML first... interesting point.

Edited by stormfan12901

Not to get into the whole Storm debate but I love the dirty paintwashes.

Draven

well not to start another debate, but you had jean forever as a sig, so make rogue a shortlived one and move onto a big shot of psylocke please. @smilepunch@

Wheres that list again?!

The more I think about it the more I would like a rouge in this line up, just with a new head ...

If they did make her with only a new head I think I would pass on her, but if they also gave her new hips I would get her....well if she ended up looking good ( of course :P ). I have the current box set version and well she's a dog....but everyone knows that....but for the most part I can live with as is (don't ask how :P )

yea the new boxed set one , is just like the old TAS line for some reason right down to the uglyy ass head :S

<-- who still needs another one o them boxed sets :P

Well, I had to add to the Storm costume debate, and sorry if I'm reopening a wound that has since closed.

When the Jim Lee costume in question debuted, I took it to be black. A shiny black. It's been drawn by many artists and colored by many colorists. But overall, I took it to be black. There were several series of trading cards around this time and I dug them out. The Marvel 1992 and 1993 sets by Impel and Skybox respectively have Storm colored a dark grey with white highlights and black shadows, so that tells me it's a black costume. There was a team card for the Gold strike force in the trading cards which were X-men cards only, and she had a gray-ish-purple hue to the costume. I know that once the gold team became the focus of the Uncanny X-Men title, Storm's costume got more "silver", because it would usually be stark contrasts between white and black on the costume, and that came across to me as silver. The costume took a slightly different look too, at one point losing the big shoulderpads and having Storm's cape come straight out of the X symbols on her chest. There's an issue in the early run of the Gold team in UNCANNY that has Storm on the cover, a closeup of her, staring up at the sky, rain beating down on her. That's the stark contrast costume version I'm talking about.

But I always took it to be silver, not white.

I also took the CARTOON to intend silver with their coloring. If only because the black highlights on her costume would basically change whenever the character's body moved. It implied that the costume was reflective, which meant silver to me. I think it's easily misinterpreted as white, (obviously, by this thread as an indicator), but I don't think it was ever intended to be white. There was always a differentiation to me between the white of her hair and the silver of the costume.

Others have called it a "shiny white" and I don't know what that would mean if not like a vinyl or plastic-like white that had some kind of pearl finish, but I never took her costume as that.

For an easy comparison... I saw Iceman (iced up) as white (whether we're talking comics or cartoon coloring), and Storm as silver. Look at it that way. They're clearly drawn/colored differently.

Well, I had to add to the Storm costume debate, and sorry if I'm reopening a wound that has since closed.

Lol. Don't worry, the wound has only had a few hours to close.

I myself am rethinking my ideas on the color of the costume. I now believe that it is black. Black with the light highlights being light reflected off it's shinyness. Or, maybe it's purple. Yeah, really dark purple that just LOOKS black. Or is it GREEN? Maybe it's orange. I know! It's ULTRA-VIOLET!!!!!!!

You know what? I don't even care anymore. All I know is that blue paint wash bites my ass.

I saw this storm tonight and it was by far the most horrendous paint applications I've ever seen.

I passed on it. Archangel and Ninja Wolverine were the must haves for me, and I got them.