Aircraft Hanger

Agrevane

Greetings

The other day I took the time to put this Aircraft Hanger together. When I get the paint, I plan to color it Aluminum. I also would like to add some tool chest and other operating features to it. One of the main problems I have know is coming up with a way to create a door fore it. I am going to keep the roof removable so I can put figures in it when I need to.

hanger002.jpg

hanger001.jpg

Looking nice man!

I just noticed that you're in Anderson. I be moving down there from Rock Hill over the summer b/c I going to Clemson.

It is nice to see another Joe fan in Anderson. Do you know what part of Anderson you are moving to, and what are you going to be taking at Clemson?

As for the door, Home Depot has thin sheet metal for cheap but I don't know how to get the mirco-riged effect like how I was trying to visualize for the roof. I've seen some cardboard boxes have are formed in this way after you remove the upper skin.

The material that I am using is a plastic cardboard. If I could find a way to remove the top layer of plastic, I would have the rigged look. I still wont to go with the Aluminum Paint, I will do a test before I paint the whole thing to see if it will look write.

Thanks For the Fix Three Storms TNI Message Board has been kind of buggy

Looks good!

I would just say the Joes have a force field in front of it

It needs a marking though like hanger h-12 or something maybe one the sides and the roof you know like all Joe things have

I would put a force field but then I would have to give into my wife that a force field is "Ok".

I will have to research some Hanger rooftop to see what looks good.

Looks really good. Poor Snake Eyes looks like he forgot to feed Timber and became the food though. :(

"Yep" He did not like the Cobra Electric Eel he brought him like most wolves held in captivity, he turned on its master. :D

I am also in the process of fixing Joe Headquarters; do to some giant Cat attacks.

What are you gonna put on the sides, if you are putting anything there at all?

You should get some lots of missiles and bombs and build some racks for them and get a Funskool Weapons Transport for added effect. :P

I plane to put some racks in there in the future. That Funskool Weapon transport I will have to look into, maybe SmallJoes.com has some.

Hey nice work. That sucker looks like it takes up a lot of room but still very cool to own! ;)

It did come out a little bigger than I wonted it to, but I wonted plenty of room for any Aircraft I wonted to put in there.

Beachhead would have no problem holding a training exercise inside of this Hanger.

It is nice to see another Joe fan in Anderson. Do you know what part of Anderson you are moving to, and what are you going to be taking at Clemson?

I'm not sure where i'm moving to quite yet. I will be studying Architecture and Military Leadership at Clemson.

Very nicely done. Here's a silly question: have you thought about lining it in aluminum foil, rather than using a paint? I have a quonset hut I made with aluminum foil and a wire mesh frame that I'm really happy with (and since the foil comes in 200 yd rolls, it's not like you would suddenly come up short). With the foil, you might even be able to run a finger, scrapbooking ribbon tool, yo-yo, or anything else from the 'spine' of the roof down to each side on a regular interval to get the texturing you want.

Also, do you happen to have a pattern for the internal ribs? I'm getting inspired to try a 'fold-up' version for myself.

Wow that looks pretty cool! A Grey finish would be sweet!

Very nice job with it! Do you mind telling us what you use to make it? I do plan on making a base myself in the future

I used a form of plastic Cardboard. They throw this stuff away at work and I jumped on the chance to take some home. I have tried using the foam poster board yet it never looked right. I got the idea of using this type of material watching one of the new Spy trooper Commercials. The used the material making a Cobra based.

Very nicely done. Here's a silly question: have you thought about lining it in aluminum foil, rather than using a paint? I have a quonset hut I made with aluminum foil and a wire mesh frame that I'm really happy with (and since the foil comes in 200 yd rolls, it's not like you would suddenly come up short). With the foil, you might even be able to run a finger, scrapbooking ribbon tool, yo-yo, or anything else from the 'spine' of the roof down to each side on a regular interval to get the texturing you want.

Also, do you happen to have a pattern for the internal ribs? I'm getting inspired to try a 'fold-up' version for myself.

That is a good idea but it would not be stable enough, every time I touched it or moved it there would be a chance of damaging it.

I had my wife get some paint the other day when she was out. She got the wrong color she got a dark Grey I need a light grey. She said they had some light grey so I will go back and get the light grey this weekend. I plan to use Krylon paint because it supposed to work good with plastic.

Here is a close up of the Material.

Material.jpg