My first TF purchase in probably a decade

n8dawgaic

STUPID!

I can't believe that I am not bright enough to be able to assemble these with ease.

I bought a Sideways/Red Alert 2-pack at Wal-Mart, the price was just too tempting not to give the line a try again.

So far, I finally managed to get Sideways (I think) assembled correctly.

I gotta admit though, it feels good to hold a TF again in my hands...

STUPID!

I can't believe that I am not bright enough to be able to assemble these with ease.

I bought a Sideways/Red Alert 2-pack at Wal-Mart, the price was just too tempting not to give the line a try again.

So far, I finally managed to get Sideways (I think) assembled correctly.

I gotta admit though, it feels good to hold a TF again in my hands...

Just give it awhile and I'm sure you'll be transforming them like a pro again and you'll LOVE THEM!!

I dont have any.....

Cybertron toys that is ;)

Well then go get some already!!! @pow@

Seriously, with the deluxe 2 packs coming out now you really can't go wrong. I'm sure some voyager 2 packs will probably surface as well eventually.

This is a great line! I'd hate to see you pass on it now then get a figure later on and wish you had gotten more when you had the chance.

I know what you mean... but I haven't seen those 2 packs...

Don't worry, you will. They just started showing up. I didn't even hear of them until today. They were probably actually meant to be put out AFTER christmas but some stores were probably just running so low on stock that they had to put them out now.

Last year they came out pretty slow but after awhile my Walmarts were PACKED full of them and they were around for what seems like forever. The scalpers snatched them all up when they were marked down to $6.99 on clearance.

So don't worry you'll have plenty of chances to play catch up. Who knows, maybe you'll even open up a few of them! :P

Well I'll say this N8, Sideways is one of my favorite TFs of all time! Red Alert is sweet also; you picked two good 'uns! Congrats, do enjoy.

Then go get Hot Shot, Crosswise, Vector Prime and Thunderblast. And Optimus. I could go on.

DD, are those the best in this scale?

I wanna concentrate picking up some compatible with these while they are such a good price!

I assume the huge SS I have seen is way outta scale, my memory is fuzzy of the old cartoon.

Also, when does the new show air? Thanks in advance.

Glad to see you back around SS, I've missed you!!

Well, with TFs, I've just had to accept that there is no scale really. It seems like they've tried to get it closer of the past 2 lines, but there's still things that you just can't explain, like a basic semi-truck being much smaller than a car. I just try to enjoy each TF individually. I just see it as "this is the toy for this character" and try to ingnore scale issues. Alot of the times at least the robot modes are reasonably close to scale for one another. Super Starscream was just too much for me, although he does turn huge like that in the show.

I think new episodes of Cybertron are due to air on CN sometime in Janurary but I don't know exactly when. CN used to have their tv schedule available on their website up to a couple of weeks in advance, now it seems to only be for the week so I can't find out when a new Cybertron episode will air. @grumpy@ Meanwhile, I think you can still watch the first 20-somthing episodes on kids WB in the afternoon.

As far as I'm considered, scale doesn't mean all that much either. So long as they're cool, whatever size they are, then that's all that matters to me.

Thanks everyone.

Do you know what times in the afternoon?

Are any of the other older series still showing anywhere?

Also, sorry for all the questions, which SS is a better bet, the Supreme, the 2-pack, or should I go back and buy an older one from Energon or something?

Edited by n8dawgaic

SS, I'll probably pick that up from Amazon.com as it is pretty cheap. Thanks for the info.

I just went to Wal-Mart to get as many of the packs I could find that weren't doubles.

I got:

Landmine/Dirt Boss

Thundercracker/Snarl

Hot Shot/Override

The rest were all different combinations of the things I already mentioned.

I can see why this is a smart move by Hasbro, because now I'm dying to buy more from the line like Optimus, Megatron, etc.

BTW, how is the Energon Megatron? My Wal-Mart still has one on clearance!

I like Megs. Some people aren't all that crazy about the colors, but I think given the fact that he has taken his new "armor" from Unicron, I'd say it's an appropriate color scheme to reflect that.

Galvatron looks awesome too and although I ususally don't waste my money on the larger repaints when they're this good I just can't say no. Cybertron Defense Red Alert is an amazing figure too so don't pass that one up.

Don't forget to pick up some of the scout class figures too, these are some of the best basic sized figures EVER!

I've stated it before many times and I'll state it again: Ransack and Armorhide are miniature gods.

I like Megs. Some people aren't all that crazy about the colors, but I think given the fact that he has taken his new "armor" from Unicron, I'd say it's an appropriate color scheme to reflect that.

He was actually asking about Energon Megatron.

I'd get Cybertron Galvatron over E Megs personally, unless Meg's price is just really good.