WTF ! DTC Prices ?!

Action Figure Soundwave

Besides being childish with casting blame that we didnt buy enough and threats of "if wave 3 doesnt sell well we will be punished with cancelation" as far as I'm concerned HTS is shady. Being sneaky and underhanded wouldn't surprise me. They already blatantly lied to me when I asked if an order I placed a week before the sale could be reimbursed since others have already said they got credited. They told me its not their policy to reimburse for previously placed items that are now on sale. I replied that plenty of others got a credit back for orders as far back as early/mid november and they never replied. I had to send an email again a few days later and they finally got back to me with a story that all those people that got reimbursed did so in error, they weren't supposed to allow that. Total BS.

Why would any business do that in first place (paying the sale difference)? A consumer's only recourse in that situation would be to return the merchandise (according to HTS return policy) if possible and then repurchase those items.

Expecting HTS to pay you back the difference for items now on sale is utterly ridiculous to me. And if it did happen for other people, HTS is just ##$%$#ed for even doing it. The only advantage to even having such a policy is HTS might save on some shipping.

Edited by 8speed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting. Since they're making new heads for the comi packs anyway I don't see the head as any problem. Last I heard, they had half the arms in perfect usable order, and did use them on the comic 3-pack Snake Eyes that came with Kwinn. The entire lower half is intact, as used repeatedly on all the modern Viper reissues. The law of elimination indicates that all they have left to do is the torso, and I think they should go ahead with it, because preserving their best figures into the future is worth the expense.

The head, body and arms need to be recasted if they are missing/damaged. I don't think swapping in v2 arms is gonna cut it for BAT v1 fans. They need to have v1 as complete as humanly possible and close to original colors as possible. A newer, more detailed head might work.

Otherwise, you're just asking for trouble and it might be just a huge flop. Well, maybe not huge but it sure as hell won't be this great success. Cobra Infantry Force vs BAT v2 6-pack has at least taught us this much.

The V.2 BAT arms would work fine if paired with the V.1 upper arms. It would also differentiate it enough to keep the collectors of originals from crying if they did like the comic pack Storm Shadow and Firefly, and paint them to look semi-original. Really I think that as long as they did the majority of the original BAT, with the distinctive head and torso, then fans would be happy. It would pay for the cost of restoring it since it is definitely a demanded figure. Repaints in dark Cobra blue, dark red, clear black, clear dark blue, and dark gunmetal gray should also sell. I think if they did a set with clear black plastic like the BAT set from a year ago, it would be sold out before it even got released.

I don't know why Hasbro acts like it would lose money by restoring highly-demanded figures that would sell with no effort.

The BAT 6-pack should flop. None of the figures are any good. That is far different from the original that people are paying as much as $60 - $70 for loose ones.

The V.2 BAT arms would work fine if paired with the V.1 upper arms. It would also differentiate it enough to keep the collectors of originals from crying if they did like the comic pack Storm Shadow and Firefly, and paint them to look semi-original. Really I think that as long as they did the majority of the original BAT, with the distinctive head and torso, then fans would be happy. It would pay for the cost of restoring it since it is definitely a demanded figure. Repaints in dark Cobra blue, dark red, clear black, clear dark blue, and dark gunmetal gray should also sell. I think if they did a set with clear black plastic like the BAT set from a year ago, it would be sold out before it even got released.

I don't know why Hasbro acts like it would lose money by restoring highly-demanded figures that would sell with no effort.

The BAT 6-pack should flop. None of the figures are any good. That is far different from the original that people are paying as much as $60 - $70 for loose ones.

The v1 BAT arms and accessories are superior to that of the v2.

That is true, but at this point people would probably take what they could get.

I wouldn't suggest they take that risk. Alot of people aren't that enthusiastic about a robot army (compared to a human squad). But for the people who are, chances are they aren't expecting anything more than a few minor changes (if that) and Hasbro should make every effort to get a complete v1 so there is virtually no room for a flop. As it is, the CIF met some resistance just due to the new head sculpt.

Edited by 8speed

Guest McBragg

Thanks for the link, great read! I can't believe he stated the focus groups wouldn't work! At least getting input from us from time to time via an online form would make me feel better about Hasbro and how they manage the line.

I think that was the issue. There's no consensus in the collector community. Ask five fans and you'll get five different answers.

True, and didn't Hasbro pick the Spirit, Hannibal & Covergirl DDP 3-pack instead of what actually won the vote? So our input might not be used anyway.

they also made non o-ring figures almost no one wanted. really, like any corporation they want to push what they want to make on us more than they want to make what people want. OR they have to make what stores will order, since nowdays stores throw their weight around, Wal-mart being a 50 ton gorilla.

why should their be consensus among collectors, what are supposed to be clones? i see a lot of hate in that cobra island thread, like some screwball who collects joes from 1982 on then goes on to bash the old style of figures because he hates nostalgic old sculpt purists....isn't it all about nostalgia. at least for Generation X fans. Why else would anyone collect gi joe, transformers, or even star wars? take away nostalgia and collectors are grown men who buy toys for some unknown compulsion.

why should their be consensus among collectors, what are supposed to be clones? i see a lot of hate in that cobra island thread, like some screwball who collects joes from 1982 on then goes on to bash the old style of figures because he hates nostalgic old sculpt purists....isn't it all about nostalgia. at least for Generation X fans. Why else would anyone collect gi joe, transformers, or even star wars? take away nostalgia and collectors are grown men who buy toys for some unknown compulsion.

Put Major Barrage next to say, V1 Duke, and if you can manage to say, with no bias, that Duke looks like a better figure, with better details and proportions, then I want what you are smoking.

For me, Gi Joe as a concept is nostalgic, but I want figures that actually LOOK good as well, like Major Barrage or ST Cobra Commander, for example. So to me, I don't buy toys for some unknown compulsion, I like the nostalgia of GI Joe and Transformers, but I like to have toys that take advantage of today's technology and look amazing. Like in that thread, Ebay has plenty of RAH if you want it. We can make far better figures now, if Hasbro actually puts their minds to it.

Why would any business do that in first place (paying the sale difference)? A consumer's only recourse in that situation would be to return the merchandise (according to HTS return policy) if possible and then repurchase those items.

Expecting HTS to pay you back the difference for items now on sale is utterly ridiculous to me. And if it did happen for other people, HTS is just ##$%$#ed for even doing it. The only advantage to even having such a policy is HTS might save on some shipping.

It isnt rediculous at all. Its called a price adjustment, its good customer service. And its been done for decades at many stores. But wiser shoppers in the know already knew that evidently.

Its quite simple. If you happen to buy an item and it goes on sale afterwards its not unheard of to get a refund of the difference if it was originally purchase not too long brfore. The policy is printed on the back of many store receipts. Online stores are no different. If its target.com or what not. KBToys.com gave adjustments to people who bought MOTU stuff a few years ago when the dragon walker first came out then went on sale and they posted about it on heman.org forums. They arent rediculous. Even BBTS credited me on an order I placed a few days before one of their % off sales and they gave me no problem as usual. They have great customer service and I continue to shop with them. HTS had no such policy posted anywhere on their site saying that they dont do it. Considering others have gotten a credit back and posted about it here I said what the heck and gave it a try. But they flat out lied to me in return. If you just search the forums here for the original HTS sale threads you would see the other people here that got a price adjustment with no problem. They arent rediculous for asking either, its their hard earned money. I could have easily re-bought everything on sale plus got a gift card and returned them all costing them more in postage but its too much of a hassel and I dont have the time to bother. The adjustment would have gone right back in their pockets. Instead I took a few things out of my cart and bought the last 3 things I needed. I made my final purchase through them and will shop elsewhere and made sure they knew about it.

It isnt rediculous at all. Its called a price adjustment, its good customer service. And its been done for decades at many stores. But wiser shoppers in the know already knew that evidently.

Its quite simple. If you happen to buy an item and it goes on sale afterwards its not unheard of to get a refund of the difference if it was originally purchase not too long brfore. The policy is printed on the back of many store receipts. Online stores are no different. If its target.com or what not. KBToys.com gave adjustments to people who bought MOTU stuff a few years ago when the dragon walker first came out then went on sale and they posted about it on heman.org forums. They arent rediculous. Even BBTS credited me on an order I placed a few days before one of their % off sales and they gave me no problem as usual. They have great customer service and I continue to shop with them. HTS had no such policy posted anywhere on their site saying that they dont do it. Considering others have gotten a credit back and posted about it here I said what the heck and gave it a try. But they flat out lied to me in return. If you just search the forums here for the original HTS sale threads you would see the other people here that got a price adjustment with no problem. They arent rediculous for asking either, its their hard earned money. I could have easily re-bought everything on sale plus got a gift card and returned them all costing them more in postage but its too much of a hassel and I dont have the time to bother. The adjustment would have gone right back in their pockets. Instead I took a few things out of my cart and bought the last 3 things I needed. I made my final purchase through them and will shop elsewhere and made sure they knew about it

There ARE lots of stores that do that, including the big ones (so far as I know). TRU, for example does it, so long as you purchased the item with in 2 weeks of the sale. Just take in the receipt and get the sale price. I'd think that E-stores would do it too to save on shipping costs (returning the item just to, essentially, ship the item back to you). HTS might probably just use the excuse that the site is "experimental" or something.

As long as it's within the limits of their return policy, it's all good. I'd be surprised if this policy extends any farther than 2 weeks, and even that seems long. I'm surprise this policy even exists to this day (other than saving on the shipping thing).

Edited by 8speed