when will sub mariner with green trunks come out?

blackspidey

There is a Namor planned for an upcoming Spider-Man classics wave. Prehaps that will be the one.

Does anyone remember the article in Toyfare where Jesse rated the chances of a swim suit Namor as 100-1!!

If this figure hits the pegs it will bring new hope for other characters as well, such as a Scarlet Spider and Spiderman 2099 and perhaps a bearded Thor.

At any rate, I hope they capture Namors expression as well with the new figure. His head sculpt is one of Marvel Legends very best.

um... You'll see him wearing those trunks when his 'buddies' need some air. Muahaha... .. .

. .. ...

I'd buy it if just cause its original :)

and ... WTF are we getting a namor in the SMC line ? :S

Allso thats one thing I don't like about having a " fan" work on this stuff ... specaily when that fan has a "supposid" say on what gets made & what does not ...basicly you will wind up getting what ever that said fan likes , for better or worse ...

though personaly when it comes down to it I don't think jes really has a say at all :P

I would love a Namor in the green trunks. I heard toybiz wouldn't make it because he was too unclothed for Walmart or something. However it's basically the same amount of clothing the wrestling figures they carry have on so that doesn't make sense. I hope they make the figure.

I'd like to see it, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Aren't they doing one in the SMC line? So we might just see it happen....and much sooner than you think. :)

The SMC figure coming out is part of the Web-Splashers line. Toybiz already released the Web-Splashers in the old Spidey line (the one that started out based on the animated series). The line up for that was similair to the line up for this Web-Splashers line, including Namor and Carnage. With the re-release of that old Sentinel, I bet these will just be the old figures too...so don't get your hopes up too much. Here's some links:

http://www.marveltoys.net/figures.php?figureline=64&v=1031 - Namor

http://www.marveltoys.net/figures.php?figureline=66&v=1031 - Carnage

I would love a Namor in the green trunks. I heard toybiz wouldn't make it because he was too unclothed for Walmart or something. However it's basically the same amount of clothing the wrestling figures they carry have on so that doesn't make sense. I hope they make the figure.

Weapon X had about the same amount of clothing, didn't he? Heck, Sasquatch and Man-Thing have no clothing at all! :)

Frankly, yeah, Jesse has said he's not fond of the green speedos.However, there are a lot of characters (and/or costumes) he's not fond of that have been made anyway. He knows the fans want it, so chances are good that we'll see it somewhere down the line; whether or not it ends up in Falcon's collection is up to him.

The SMC figure coming out is part of the Web-Splashers line. Toybiz already released the Web-Splashers in the old Spidey line (the one that started out based on the animated series). The line up for that was similair to the line up for this Web-Splashers line, including Namor and Carnage. With the re-release of that old Sentinel, I bet these will just be the old figures too...so don't get your hopes up too much. Here's some links:

Are you suggesting that they are just going to put out those old awful figures again!! Thats hard to believe. No one would buy those things now.

Are you suggesting that they are just going to put out those old awful figures again!! Thats hard to believe. No one would buy those things now.

I'm just saying if they think folks will buy that nasty X-Men Sentinel playset, I don't see why they won't think we'll buy more old re-released crap.

I'm just saying if they think folks will buy that nasty X-Men Sentinel playset, I don't see why they won't think we'll buy more old re-released crap.

Well, Web Splasher Doc Ock was not only a new mold, but Ultimate Doc Ock. Chances are good that while we may get recycled names, the figures will be new... ish. I won't put it past Toy Biz to sneak in a 5" figure or two whenever they get a chance. The Bruce Banner that came with Gamma Punch Hulk is a great example. However, keep in mind that Brucie was really just an overdone accessory. I don't think they'll start randomly tossing 5" figures into a 6" line, as you suggest.

my most wanted figure....

there is no reason not to make him.. Weapon X was just as naked... X-23 is just as unpopular

I would trade any of my figures for Namor in his green trunks!

my most wanted figure....

there is no reason not to make him.. Weapon X was just as naked... X-23 is just as unpopular

I would trade any of my figures for Namor in his green trunks!

I passed on Marvel Legends wave 2 Namor in hopes that Toybiz will make him how he should be.

Well I think they'll be their own line. They're not a wave of the Spidey figs we've been getting. They're their own assortment, Spider-Man Classics Web-Splashers. Spider-Man Classics has been used on 5" figures before. I think they're just releasing more figures along the lines of that, that have nothing to do with the Spider-Man figures we've been getting lately. Could be wrong of course, but Toybiz -has- re-released 5" figures and accessories before. It stands to reason they would again. There's a lot more Spidey toys than just the ML-type ones on the market today. There's also shape-shifters, stunt systems, and deluxe rotos on the same list with the Web-Splashers. It says 6", I just got a bad feeling about it, is all.

Well the reason why there is no Green Speedo Namor is...

a) There already is a Namor figure, and it warmed the pegs for years, I can see why TB isn't in a hurry to make another one. He is no Wolvierine, Hulk or Spider-man.

B) The costume they made him in was the costume he most currently wore

c) The green panties takes a lame-ass character and makes him look even more lame if that was even possible.

so uuuuh.. NO.

Before making more Namors I'd rather get figures of guys we havn't seen yet. I. E. HAVOK.

Oh and if they must re-release another character, since the Namor figure is decent i'd suggest they fix some of the traviesties they actually had the balls to put out in the first place like that horrible Magneto oe that... thing they tried to pass off as Rogue.