My Latest Project

Crimson Twins

Well, a while back I asked you all which color my next Moray should be. And now, the winner.

First, here's a before pic.

PB060446.jpg

And now the ALMOST finished product.

PC140495.jpg

PC140496.jpg

With my other Moray custom

PC140498.jpg

PC140497.jpg

Hope you guys like it. Expect it's Whale cousin in a week or two.

Looking good CT!

I need a WHALE... I've been hankerin' to paint one... how much does a junk one cost?

Considering I'm still buying parts to finish my first custom, it's hard to say. I've spent about $40-$50 so far. But I've got enough parts to have one 95% complete and another about 85% complete. They're pretty high on eBay. Maybe it's the holiday season.

I really like it. I have been toying with the idea of buying one of the TRU Joe Hydrofoils. Since having a Joe Hydrofoil is just wrong I was going to paint it. What paint did you use? Is it pretty durable for play?

I use Krylon Fusion paint, and I swear by it for vehicle cusotms. It is perfectly durable for play. It is made to bond to the plastic, and does a pretty good job. Sometimes, like with most spray paints, it has trouble painting over the older plastic where the stickers used to be applied. I don't know if it's somethign from the adhesive, but I've had trouble with it before. I had a little bit of trouble with it on this Moray. You really can't see it in these pics. I plan on getting some repro stickers, and applying them in their original spots, so you wouldn't be able to see any of it anyway.

I really like it ! Its such a nice clean paint job !!!

It didn't come out as clean as my black one did. But it is still a very nice display piece, if I do say so myself.

Glad you like it. I'll try to get around to getting some repro stickers on it, and then post some new pics. I just have to find some extra loot to order the stickers. And we all know how easy it is to find extra money around Christmas. @grumpy@

nice... but, i really really really like the all black one. B)

Are you buying these in bulk or something? They seemed fairly expensive to me.

My wife bought me the newer one when I was away in Korea. And I happened across the other ones (I have another red one almost complete) on eBay for some really low prices. Some of them were under the radar type stuff. One was listed as Cobra boat. No mention of GI Joe, or hydrofoil in the description. So I guess I was blessed to find it.

I really like the black one, it helps that crimson shadow guard and Firefly are on the boat as well

Yeah, when I got the TRU Moray, my wife got me the CSG set as well. I just knew I had to find a way to get them together. A little paint later, and there you go. I think my other old red one might find itself becoming an arctic version. But that's way down the road. I still have to knock out the WHALE. Then I can move onto other ones.

• 2 weeks later...