People On Ebay Scare Me

jedimaster-c

I have notced that people are willing to throw down a ton of mula on the bay.Someone have a Yakface MOC for 1500 bucks.The thing is there is some guy out there that will accually pay that,same with the 21 back Fett.Some people must have all the money in the world.Not to go off topic but someone bidded $999 for a HAL MIB,it was opened but unused.I was trying to bid on a 1985 Tattoine skiff and and got outbidded 301 bucks.I guess there are people the want the item that badly that they would mortage thier house to own it.I shake my head sometimes when I see prices like this.

The action figure hobby is at the very low end of the scale in terms of toy collecting and collectibles in general.

Items like tin-toys routinely sell for amounts well over $10,000 and much higher. Those amounts might seem staggering to you, but that is the arena that hobby is in.

Its a matter of scale--toy collecting is a "rich person's" hobby, after all.

Some good points.I do agree that the Star Wars vintage line is 30 years old and there aren't very many carded 21 back Fetts in existance.The 1984 Transformers fall into this as well.I have seen Optimus with the mystical AFA grade go for over 1000 bucks.Again not get off topic just throwing out an example.Megatron,Sound Wave and the decepticon jets go for inase prices also.I would be nice to have a 21 back Fett.The closest I give is an 21 ESB one that I got for $200.

I know I have asked this before.It amazes me how some people were savy enough to keep thier figures carded and thier ships sealed in thier boxes.One guy is selling an A-wing for 400 bucks.I have never seen one at retail when I was a kid.Should I kick myself because I accually enjoyed playing with the toys I had?Again,I shake my head everytime I see a 21 back Fett,Droid Fett, and so on for 1500 bucks.I think the secondary market value has gotten way out of hand.I know the last Star Wars movie came out and is now on DVD.

Here is another example of AFA run amok.Get a load of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-1979-21-Back...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wish I had the dough to throw down on this.

To each his own I guess, but damn, I would have to be as high as a kite to drop that kind of cash on a toy (ANY TOY). @hmmm@

I believe AFA was invented by a group of scalpers as an excuse to raise the price on toys on eBay. They did it to fund terrorist attacks on Skywalker Sound, and Lucas Ranch.

Here is another example of AFA run amok.Get a load of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-1979-21-Back...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wish I had the dough to throw down on this.

To each his own I guess, but damn, I would have to be as high as a kite to drop that kind of cash on a toy (ANY TOY). @hmmm@

16053569[/snapback]

Well, you are the Snowman.