Update At Cobra: The Inner Sanctum

Violentfix

First, let me just say how much I've missed chatting with everyone here on the board. I've been hit with a mixture of Work, night School and Baby. Just to add the final touch to it all, my company decided to update their Internet Security to the MAX and I'm now cut off from any site that involves games, toys, basically anthing fun. But enough of the moaning and on to the good news.

That's right guys, "My Brother's Keeper" Chapter 6: Dance With The Devil is up and so

completes Part 1: Sacrifice, of "My Brother's Keeper"

Part 2: Attrition will debut around early March if things go as planned.

Chapter 6: Dance With The Devil

chapter6banner.jpg

Also keep your eyes peeled for Operation Creation II, the creation and

construction of "My Brother's Keeper" Part:1

As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated

HOLY CRAP! The ending made my jaw drop, even though I suspected it was coming in the last few panels. Please please please, well, I don't wanna ruin it for anybody, but March simply won't come quickly enough. The revelations dropped in this chapter were staggering and the action was great! VFX, you are an excellent story-teller. Thank you for entertaining me and keeping me on the edge of my seat.

HOLY CRAP! The ending made my jaw drop, even though I suspected it was coming in the last few panels. Please please please, well, I don't wanna ruin it for anybody, but March simply won't come quickly enough. The revelations dropped in this chapter were staggering and the action was great! VFX, you are an excellent story-teller. Thank you for entertaining me and keeping me on the edge of my seat.

Thanks man

Believe it or not, these first six chapters were only the ground work to what's to come.

I'm glad you enjoyed!

Wow - what a great ending! Didn't see that one coming...

Hey I gotta tell you, I love your dios, and the photographs are amazing, but one small thing I noticed with this chapter was a few spelling mistakes. Nothing major but takes away from the otherwise very professional job!

Wow - what a great ending! Didn't see that one coming...

Hey I gotta tell you, I love your dios, and the photographs are amazing, but one small thing I noticed with this chapter was a few spelling mistakes. Nothing major but takes away from the otherwise very professional job!

Thanks man, I know, I'm a horrible speller. My English teacher in School loved my writing so much that she would grade me on the content and completly ignored the grammer. The result is someone that received the highest marks in college level English and yet can't spell or use punctuation to save my life.

It was funny, she would say I was the schools poet Loriet (<-- God knows if I spelled that right) and that good writers don't need to concern themselves with the technical stuff because that's what editors are for. LOL, Too bad the publishing houses I've sent my work to didn't agree.

You think its bad? You should see it before two or three other people proof read it before it's posted.

Thanks again, always feel free to tell me about mistake because I can usually fix them.

wow this is getting better and better . you allways do great work aswome job V.i cant wait to see part 2

That's what I'm going for, but it's getting to the point that a single chapter takes an average 40 - 60 hours. Hence another reason that times been an issue lately.

Thanks

Yo VFix, this is an awesome dio. I loved this part. Great job man.

Thanks Spike. Glad you've enjoyed. You live so close, you should come to one of our Viper meets one day and check out my sets and displays.

damn you!!! march is too far away. way big thumbs up for this latest chapter. a couple of question:

1. how long does it take to write a script? do you start w/ an outline then build on it?

2. how much does it change once you start working on the dio?

i cannot wait to see more. this may jsut top 'operation:rapier'

Hi everyone, I am "new" to the boards and wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to you. Plus I just had to say to tell VF that 'DANCE WITH THE DEVIL' is one of the most awesome dios i have ever seen!! It was like watching an action movie!! Very cool can't wait for more!

I havent posted here in months. But I gotta come outta hiding to say Bravo! That was awesome. I didnt see that last part coming. I always look forward to your Dios.

Man it's got the action, intrigue, ans espionage of a big budget hollywood movie. Good stuff, man. Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks man, I know, I'm a horrible speller. My English teacher in School loved my writing so much that she would grade me on the content and completly ignored the grammer. The result is someone that received the highest marks in college level English and yet can't spell or use punctuation to save my life.

It was funny, she would say I was the schools poet Loriet (<-- God knows if I spelled that right) and that good writers don't need to concern themselves with the technical stuff because that's what editors are for. LOL, Too bad the publishing houses I've sent my work to didn't agree.

You think its bad? You should see it before two or three other people proof read it before it's posted.

Thanks again, always feel free to tell me about mistake because I can usually fix them.

Just send the scripts my way and I'll proof read 'em for ya!

Don't give up on writing my friend - you've got a knack for storytelling.

damn you!!! march is too far away. way big thumbs up for this latest chapter. a couple of question:

1. how long does it take to write a script? do you start w/ an outline then build on it?

2. how much does it change once you start working on the dio?

i cannot wait to see more. this may jsut top 'operation:rapier'

I write these out in Novel form before they are transfered into script and later Dio-format. I feel that it lets me write without thinking about the work involved in building the set. If I had to think about how hard it would be to build a certain set then I am certain that the story would suffer because I would end up writing around difficult scenes. I think Chapter 4 would be the best testement to that.

It does change some when the script meets the pictures, usually in the form of cuts. For instance, after Pitfall's conversation with Chuckles, he walks off and is later approached by Snake-eyes. He ends up having a very one sided conversation with Snakes, but the conversation gives a nice insight to Pitfall's inner emotions, at the same time Lowlight gets a little chat time with Shockwave... But as the pictures come together and the novel transforms into a Dio-story, these shots end up breaking the continuaty of the scene and ultimately slow down the chapter and make it feel forced. I think it's very similar to what directors go through when cutting a movie that was once a book. There are just some things that you can do with a book that you can't do with a Movie, or in this case a Dio-story.

Great questions, thanks

I usually wouldn't do this.......... but you got me feeling the love with those last questions, so here are some samples of pre-post pics. This is basically what they look like before they go to Illustrator for scripting and final decisions on what makes the cut.

59.jpg

61.jpg