Budo

Dr. Strange Love

DSL- Not bad at all. He reminds me of one of the Samurai (the face) that was in The Last Samurai (the one who bets against Captain Algren). Clever use of the Lady Jaye/Baroness armor, and nice transplant of the Kamakura arm-guard. If I might suggest a small fix (or two) though...change the upper arms to maybe Slices upper arms. The silver bands break up the flow from lower arm to shoulder, and the Slice arms had a nice slightly puffy (allow free movement) to them without being overly done. You may even be able to use the ones from the crappy t-crotch version. Also, I don't know what clearcoat your using, but try either a spray matte finish from Krylon or Testors Dullcote for a little finer results. Nice, solid work all around, and good job!

Nice job! Very cool use of parts.

It seems like we've been seeing more and more love for Budo... I always thought he was kind of a stupid character, but then again, I probably would have loved him if they had kept the cartoon going as a kid. Nice work though!

Hey guys thanks for all the comments and remarks. I am waiting for some "green stuff" to come in the mail to fix the helmet and the head. The S.S. head sounds like a good idea but I don't have one, I bet I could e-mail someone who might be able to fix that. I did noticed when I finished him the arms were a little long and he doesn't look to Oriental, but these features make add a lot of character to him. I'll work on a new head but just might think of giving him a new name.

Alyosha thanks for the advice about the clear coat. To be honest I haven't used any clear coat. I will test it out here in the next couple of days. Thanks for the info.

I'll give him a temporary helmet and call him "Booby Head" until I get my green stuff in... thanks guys!

1budo5tk.jpg

DSL- I just wanted to say thanks to you. I was 100% completley stumped as to what forearms to use fo rmy FLash custom, and I saw yours and they were perfect. I never would've considered using those but they work brilliantly. Here is a very early WIP pic:

Flash_WIParms.jpg

I love the gung Ho lower legs Aly, I just did that on a custom, sanded down the knee pads, but on mine I added BBI feet for added ankle articulation.. drill.. dremel.. heat and pop them in.. pretty sweet, I'll post pics probably later this week.

I'd like to see that Joe. This is the first time I've used them, but they do work well. I've seen a lot of custom susing GH parts in the last few months, so his value to the cusotmizer is excellent. I actually had to add about 3/8th of an inch to these in mid-calf for the correct heighth.

DSL- Yes, I did. I used the torso from ST Destro and added Milliput armor, and stryrene half rounds straps. I'm going to be adding the same pattern to the upper arms, backs of the hands and thighs.

Anyway, back to the thread of this very cool figure, and sorry for the slight hi-jack!