First X3 Movie Fig Pics (some Conceptual)

American_Legend

make the comic book character versions of the movie counterparts, instead of halfassed movie based figures

Oh, you mean Marvel Legends. @smilepunch@

sorry man, these are pretty old.. try finding the old thread to post this and continue that thread

I haven't seen them yet so stop preaching. I appreciate the heads up on these pics, as I'm sure others do as well.

For real! I missed then last time, some look decent to me. SO I can imagine I will get a few like most movie lines.

Draven

Hey after seeing this thread:

x3? xmen classics? packaging

I'm starting to wonder...either ToyBiz is gonna restart a classics type line with repaints and new...variants....and hopefully a couple of cool looking new figs, and are at LEAST gonna release movie versions of Beast, Juggernaut, Colossus, and maybe an x-girl or two; or this is their movie line. I'm totally okay with the first one,cos honestly, I like Marvel LEgends and I liked the movie figures, but they could be much better in terms of artiuclation, sculpt and paint apps. Either way, this is still jsut conceptual, but yeah, I'll probably end up picking up a few of these anyway. I just really want a Beast movie fig, that's all.

sorry man, these are pretty old.. try finding the old thread to post this and continue that thread

I haven't seen them yet so stop preaching. I appreciate the heads up on these pics, as I'm sure others do as well.

Yeah i haven't seen these either. They look interesting the Nightcrawler who funny enough isn't in the movie and the Archangel are from Uncanny X-men from a couple of years ago i believe..the designs i mean..sorry for the poor english

Okay... like someone's already said, the lead time on producing a figure is over a year, something like a 18 months from starting prototype to hitting the shelves, so when they had to start working on these figures Brian Singer had just left to do Superman and no one was in the Directors chair. A script that had been outlined by Singer was there that still had Nightcrawler in it and NO production artwork had been done for costumes. They had NO clue what they were going to do so rather than have NO figures or worse, crappy thrown together figures that were made in an abbreviated time frame or came out months after the movie, they decided to go forward with an X-men line that had all the same characters that were listed in the movie but make comic accurate and "playable" variations of the marquee names so they didn't lose the opportunity to cross merchandise. By the time the costumes, line-ups, script and everything else was done, these figures already had to be in production so they couldn't wait or we wouldn't have anything. If you look at the official lists of figures that are out there with the updated lineups they are great because they have lots of different characters and not all wolverines with one supporting character per line. Doing the line this way, it will allow the line to have better longevity and if it runs long enough, we'll probably get movie accurate versions because this line could be just like SMC (which is what XMC was supposed to be) so we can get cool extra characters that don't quite fit the Marvel Legends criteria and extras like Nightcrawler's Bamf base & sword and Xavier in a hover chair. We should really support this line so we DO get some characters that we want that we can't get anywhere else. It will give them the opportunity to fix characters like Magneto & Archangel (which you can tell from the images online they've fixed his face) and give us non-marquee characters like maybe Jubilee or Blob.

Thanks to Oroku Saki,

Here's the list that vendors ordered from:

X-MEN 3 MOVIE - NEW

X-Men 3 Action Figures Asst 1

Stealth Wolverine

Ninja Strike Wolverine

Ruby Quartz Armor Cycle

Stealth Beast

Magneto

Gambit

Archangel

Storm

Stealth Beast - variant

***Assortment may vary from carton to carton

X-Men 3 Action Figures Asst 2

Air Strike Wolverine - 3 pcs

Angel - 2 pcs

Stealth Cyclops - 2 pcs

Tech Gear Beast - 2 pcs

Juggernaut - 2 pcs

Phoenix - 1 pc

X-Men 3 Action Figures Asst 3

Colossus

Nightcrawler

Iceman

Rogue

Avalanche

Sabretooth

***Assortment may vary from carton to carton

X-Men 3 - 14" Sentinel <classic sentinel with retooled head>

Release Dates;

1: Jan 06

2: May 06

3: July 06

Sentinel: March 06

Now... with that being the list, do you think we'd get that variety from a real X3 line?

Here's the line we'd get:

Series 1:

Wolverine

Wolverine

Wolverine

Beast

Series 2:

Wolverine

Wolverine

Logan

Angel

Series 3 (which would never get released because wolverines are still on the pegs and the vendors can't figure out why):

Colossus

Mystique

Rogue

Magneto

Pyro

Iceman

Cyclops

So I think this has the potential to be a great addition and we could see as many characters & stuff as the 90's 5" line. Between this, ML, SMC, FFC & Ghost Rider, we could see ALL KINDS of cool stuff in the next few years.

Good point. I hope these turn out to be awesome, and maybe we'll at least see a movie accurate beast, colossus, juggernaut, and rogue or kitty pryde..although mystique could use the ML superarticulated treatment....ToyBiz should know by now that we fanboys love us some half-naked superarticulated hotties....even if they are blue and scaly...

Cyclops_sbs.jpg

just great!!

yup i saw this at fwoosh this costume is freaking amazing

i'm so happy my earlier comments in this thread are coming true, comic book figures instead of movie figures

that way everyone is happy