What Era Are We In At The Moment?

ju.ke

The Dark Era, the one where we have great toys but no storyline to enjoy like G1, Beast Wars. But there are so many pros that the cons are cancelled out. I guess the Gimmick Era works with Minicons, Energon Weapons, and Cyber Keys.

The Dark Era, the one where we have great toys but no storyline to enjoy like G1, Beast Wars. But there are so many pros that the cons are cancelled out. I guess the Gimmick Era works with Minicons, Energon Weapons, and Cyber Keys.

It's the craptastic era.

Armada, Energon, Cybertron era. Since they are all supose to be a continuation on each other.

So we can call it ACE era.

Normally eras arent defined until after they are through. HOWEVER Beast wars and G1 was so large they can be considered ERAs. The time we are in now will probably be referred to as the title of the ones you are talking about.

Armada, Energon, Cybertron era. Since they are all supose to be a continuation on each other.

Or the AEC era, since, y'know.....Energon aired before Cybertron and all. @smilepunch@

Or the AEC era, since, y'know.....Energon aired before Cybertron and all. @smilepunch@

But AEC isn't a word. Either way it sounds daft

Gimmick Era sounds about right.

Maybe crappy CGI U.S. show Era?

Too much focus group/marketing department era?

We dumb things down for kids era?

I think how we view this era will be determined on how Hasbro takes the franchise after Cybertron and with the movie.

Depending on if gimmicks stay, I think the "gimmick era" works well, or maybe "Rebirth Era" since it has been with Armada and onward that has pushed Transformers into the limelight that is getting us a movie and all the success that will likely pull with it.

For all the reasons you guys have listed, it's been craptastic.

The Pros:

- Unicron finally arrived.

- Most figures have been fantastic.

- G1 reissues just keep coming (from Takara).

- Universe allows us to get all the figures we missed the first, second or third time around.

The Cons:

- The cartoons are weak, at best.

- Some of the figures have been really shitty.

- Focused on really young kids.

- Some figures never made it to the cartoon(s).

- Inconsistant between Armada, Energon and Cybertron.

- The humans (kids) were horrible.

Could go either way:

- Mini-cons (some love em, some hate em)

- Energon stars (didn't do much for the figures but they supported the cartoon)

- Energon Weapons (gave the Energon Stars a little purpose)

- Powerlinx (gave the mini-cons a purpose)

- Cyber Planet Keys (lame, IMO)

We are Enjoying the Bt/Alt Era The finest Transformer Line to Date. And we are also in The Pre Movie Age when in 2007 the Transformers Movie becomes a cross cultural phenomenon.

Taking Armada, Energon and Cybertron as a single continuity *cough*bullsh!t*cough*, it's Generation 5.

... meanwhile, Japan is having Generation 6, I think. (Galaxy Force is not a sequel to Micron Legend/Super Link)

Although, if Machine Wars and Beast Wars are considered seperate generations, I guess we could be in G6, too......

*shrug*

It'll probably become known as the pre-movie era, as these are the years leading up to it. But then all the other eras could be broadly defined as that too... so who knows? I have a feeling the movie will start a new one, though.

maybe "Rebirth Era" since it has been with Armada and onward that has pushed Transformers into the limelight that is getting us a movie and all the success that will likely pull with it.

I was thinking the same thing last night. "Rebirth" sounds about right but i think it was RID that made people interested in transformers again not Armada.

Yup it was RID, because that finally ended the monkey-Prime era. The cartoon wasn't that great, but overall it wasn't any worst than G1 cartoons, and the toys were cool as hell. The train trio is still my favorite merge team, and I wish they'd reissue an all-black version.

Here is a quick synopsis of the past eras. Once you see them in order, the name of the current era will be plenty obvious. This was not made up by me, but rather what I have observed over the years. It's what the fandom in general has dubbed them.

Pre-Transformer: All things microman and diaclone.

Pre-Movie Era: First two seasons of shows and toys.

Post-Movie Era: All things season 3 and 4 of show and toys. Movies stuff fits in here too since it was the same characters in season 3.

Non-Show Era: Consists of all toys made after the show ended. Includes all G1's post rebirth and all of G2

Beast Era: All things Beast Wars and Beast Machines

Post-Beast Era: Started with RID and the return to Autobots and Decepticons from Preds and Maximals. Current Armadaverse fits in here. The neo-G1 line will probably fall into this category as well.

Whether or not we stay in this era or move to a new one with/after the live action movie is yet to be determined. As you can see, G1 spanned 3 eras. That is why many consider it the best. It started it all and went the longest. Everything else falls into 2..

Why do we have to name the 'era'? If there isn't a name that pops out from the rest then it isn't ready to be named. It's not like ppl were talking back when G1 was on asking what it should be named. I think in the years to come, after this continuity is over, then it will be time to worry about what to call this 'era'.