What Do You Want After Cybertron?

gunman_sr5

What would you like to see Hasbro do after Cybertron? Not including the movie . Hasbro now will have control over the main line again like they did back durring BW and BM. So what direction shold they take? Continue with the current universe or start anew? Posibly even revisit G1? Let hear your thoughts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a new continuity (although I do like the current one). I wouldn't mind if they revisited G1, as long as they could have new leaders. Maybe Optimus Prime could have more of an advisory role (like Vector Prime), training the new Autobot leader. There could be a new Decepticon leader who is focused on resurrecting Megatron (killed in battle against Optimus). That way, Hasbro can still have Optimus Prime and Megatron in the line, but at the same time, freshen up the Autobot-Decepticon conflict.

Actually, I could dig any thing Hasbro does as long as they put out an updated Overlord toy. @firedevil@

PharmV

Whatever they decide to do, I hope the toys are as good as Cybertron. So far, I've really been impressed with the molds. Sure, there are some stinkers, but one could argue that for every line they made.

A G1 update with new vehicle types would be cool. I guess you could make the arguement the Alt line is this, but so far, Hasbro has given absolutely no profiles on any of the Alts. The Binaltechs have tech specs, why can't the Alts?

I know a lot of people disliked the Head, Target, and PowerMasters, but I say bring them back. Fort Max was a brick, but he was the coolest brick of them all.

Whatever they decide to do, I'm sure I'll buy it. Unless they decide to revamp and redo Animorphs.

I'd like to see a great line of figures, whether it's g1 revisited or whatever, with a great cartoon with a lot more depth and direction. I know it's kind of a played out theme but how about a g1 prequel series? Something where we get to see more in depth about how the decepticons were created and their evolution as a faction and we get a better idea about the origins of all TF's period.

Some of the fanfic ideas I've had have been more along these lines. I know there are GREAT stories to be written about the very beginnings, the comics have only told so much, and I'd love to see them brought to life in a cartoon series.

Now I'm not talking about following any past comic series or anything, I'd like to see this be all original. Whether it's meant to lead up to the g1 cartoon or to be it's own totally new entity doesn't matter so much to me.

Perhaps they can tie it into the movie by making it about the events on Cybertron before the events of the movie, kinda like how the Star Wars mini-toons filled in the gaps between the AOTC and ROTS. That would be pretty damn cool if you ask me!

I'd like to see a story with Alternators. Hasbro/Takara would have to make some easier toys for the kiddies however.

A prequel to G1 would be interesting as well, but a series like that would mostly appeal to older fans which is why Hasbro probably wouldn't go in that direction. (I would love to see some Pre-G1 figures that were fully transformable.)

Would Universe be a bad line to start animating? We could eventually get G1 reissues through this line as well. I think it would be cool to see character interaction across all TF lines.

A prequel to G1 would be interesting as well, but a series like that would mostly appeal to older fans which is why Hasbro probably wouldn't go in that direction. (I would love to see some Pre-G1 figures that were fully transformable.)

Not if it was done like I said, tie it into the upcoming movie rather than the g1 cartoon. That could really be helpful in generating some more hype for the movie and get the kiddies psyched up to see it.

Then for the accompanying toyline, they could give us the pre-movie cybertronian forms for all the characters, they could even be based on WWI to please all the fans of that series. However, that's probably a bit too much to do at this point.

Well, there was talk of the G1 revisited line, and a Pre G1 line whre they all have their original Alt modes (War Within style). So, both sound pretty damn awesome if you ask me! They've already got the prototypes of th G1 Revisited series I think. I heard somewhere that there were descriptions of the Revisited Megs, and that he's a sort of Robotcop (or Judge Dredd, I can't remember which) gun.

It sounds pretty cool to me. :)

I'd like to see a story with Alternators. Hasbro/Takara would have to make some easier toys for the kiddies however.

Maybe they could do it like the Star Wars Clone Wars series, like how they had the animated series and the non-animated. We could have alts for us, and then the same cars but smaller, and easier to transform (and probably not with the interiors) for the youngsters. They'd be more similar to G1 in transformation, but with added articulation.

Yeah, I've wanted an Alternators cartoon.

And speaking of BW, I'd like a new Beast Series.

I want a Transformers series that doesn't take place on either Earth or Cybertron. A story more heavily centered around the Autobot/Decepticon civil war.

The two sides get heavily into their age-old conflict and begin staking out territory across the galaxy. Different planets either volunteer or get dragooned into different sides. The focus is no longer on securing Energon or accquiring some special artifacts, but just on the initial conflict between both sides.

The story could include both a new line of toys, the Alternators, and even some G1 reissues as guest shots.

I mean that's what the original Generation 1 series was all about, only the fighting was limited mainly to Earth. This would be more broad sweeping as the 'Bots and 'Cons begin making new allies and expanding their territories and the eventual battles over land and resources that take place. Plus the range of alien civilizations they encounter could also be very diverse as well. The two forces could squabble over worlds that have high levels of technology and science (like in most sci-fi series) or even more low-tech worlds, whose levels of science and technology are almost medieval.

Anyway it's just a thought. I don't much care about continuity anymore on account that after Beast Machines that got blown to holy hell.

Yeah, I've wanted an Alternators cartoon.

And speaking of BW, I'd like a new Beast Series.

I kinda like how they did the beasts in this series :) " what are those?!!" Lol that line still cracks me up :D

I wouldn't mind another beast series either ...

I Think what we need though is another mainframe done bw type series...

Perhaps the telling/transaction of the transformers converting into the beasts .... that way we could get a nice bit of both ....

or something ...

as long as its just as good in style & story/chareters as cybertron/galaxy force I'll be happy cause quite frankly this series kicks butt!

as long as its just as good in style & story/chareters as cybertron/galaxy force I'll be happy cause quite frankly this series kicks butt!

It's funny how people either lover it or hate it (cybertron)....sad to say I'm one of those who hate it. I haven't watch it since I saw the episode where on of the little boys was showing the Autobots how to swim...after that I was like this show isn't for me.

I like a lot of the ideas that everyone's posted. I DEFINETLY would like to see a new Mainframe cartoon. Maybe even an new G1 series to support the new comic, that would be cool. Deffinetly something better than the Cyberton cartoon, I mean the animation is great, but thats about it. Anyway as long as the toys are the same quality as the current Cybertron toys, I'll be happy. Can't wait for that movie.

Movie better be better than the last 3 Transformer toons....

They would have to be trying really hard to make it any worse. :P