Which X Man Has Been Screwed Over For The Worse?

SentinelPrime

There's alot of crappy changes made to alot of X Men. Everyone feels differently about the X characters, but I really feel the character that has gone furthest off track is Rogue.

I mean, we went from a street rat that could steal any mutant's powers by touch, to a super-strong, flying, INVINCIBLE monster of a super hero.

How lame!

The movie really clued me in on just how screwed up Rogue is at this point. Isn't the stealing abilities powers enough? It's unique, it's cool, it still leaves her open for alot of weaknesses, etc.

I guess she just wasn't powerful enough for Claremont. Sigh.

Runner up?

Psylocke.

She was a dark, mysterious, British telepath, in a sweet oversized hood and cloak, and was changed to an...asian ninja...in a bikini...with robot spy eyeballs, a British accent and STILL retained her psy powers, even though her OLD mutant genes were left in the old body.

Jeez, they both sound so ridiculous and character-destroying that it might be a dead-tie.

What's YOUR ideas on the subject?

I thought the change to a super hero who flew and was invincible was pretty instant, so I'm definately used to her being that way

Jean Grey = most screwed up :D

I'm pretty sure she didn't gain those permanent god-powers for awhile into her tenure. I thought she just had the standard, cool powers for a bit.

And Jean was never really changed beyond going Phoenix, and back to Jean Grey.

The reason she is so off base and messed up is that she was SUPPOSED to stay dead in the Phoenix Saga, but the editors told CC that h ecouldn't kill off a prominent character at that time. So, they ret-conned it to be that she was stuck at the bottom of the lake in a cocoon.

Weak.

So, no one ever really got the character back down after that. She's always been just kinda.....there.

And I'm "used to" taking a dump but that doesn't mean it smells nice. Usually.

Well the earliest issues of Uncanny X-Men, like the very first ones with her in it, she had the powers. She came to the school or something and the X-Men were pissed at her for what she had done to Carol Danvers

That was in the 160's or 170's of Uncanny

She first appeared in Avengers though although it couldnt have been for more than 2 issues

Jean. this "oh. shes the phoenix, so lets kill her, and then bring her back and then kill her again." its old. give me back marvel girl.

Beast. hank has been everything, now hes half cat/half goat/ totally lame. its like every 5 years someone finds a way to dumb down hank more and more. hes a former avenger and one of the worlds smartest men, and funnier and less violent than pym. give hank a break.

Cyclops. for some reason scott always gets the short end of the stick. the man has been through more %&*$#@ up things than wolverine, and never gets any respect from writers for it. they always gotta try and give scott more character, instead they only make foolish choices that keep him scott, just some new dark twist thats not cyclops style.

any characters chuck austen and grant morrison touched on their runs are still pretty screwed from all the effects.

I agree

poor Cyclops

they wrote him as a wife/baby abandoner then a wife cheater

i hope the alien abduction pre-scandal theory of michael jackson works for him too

wouldnt that be cool? a clone story for Cyclops.. there's always something with the Summer's brother anyway

I'm thinking a Thomas RIker thing here

I'm thinking Jean returns. i'm thinking thats why emma took scott, so the hellfire club can get jean as the phoenix once and for all. but i think a clone story would be horrid. i'd just rather see scott act like he should always have. what made cyclops so appealing was how he was the definitive hero of the x-men. always leading. always being the one there for everyone. now a days thats not him. and its sad.

I think a better question would be "which X-Man hasn't been screwed over for the worse?" @lol@

wolverine always seems to come out the hero. even when he kills babies. and some could argue that angel has never really been screwed over for the worse. people loved archangel, and when the time came to move on, i feel the transformation back to ange was handled well. but then again he isnt a mutant now, so i guess hes been screwed over too.

any characters chuck austen and grant morrison touched on their runs are still pretty screwed from all the effects.

Ain't THAT the truth.

And I thought after the first three issues Morrison's run was going to ROCK.

Well, it SUNK like a rock. Faaassst.

Glad they never did many figures based off quietely's art... he drew them like they were people with double-tall faces, like rocky dennis from the mask

seriously the most pointless death of Jean Grey took place then

I'm gona go with jean on this one ... from jean to maydlen they all got screwed royaly :P

Rouges change how ever was a very long process & made quite a bit of sense actaully ... I Just don't like how they suddenly depowered her ... they really just needed to keep her the way she was ... Or at least wait untill something like the HOM (as lame as it was) to depower her...

psylock did get screwed around a bit with too... and still is ... how ever not really as bad... I've warmed up to the new psylock look though I still love the pre 80's one with the cape/armor & the likes :)

I hope ... the ml is based on that ... how ever I know it won't be :( Rouge was not, nor any of the other females based on there FA or even close to there FA

like rocky dennis from the mask

@loll@ omg someone else actually remembers that movie!!!!! @loll@

honestly i like psylocke now. cheesecake rules. and asains are hotter than brits.

psylock did get screwed around a bit with too... and still is ... how ever not really as bad... I've warmed up to the new psylock look though I still love the pre 80's one with the cape/armor & the likes :)

Uh do you mean pre 90's!! Cause Psylocke wasn't around in the 70's!!

@loll@

I guess the Daredrummer is an old schooler, cause I have always known Rogue to be on the team and have Carol Danvers powers!! I can see her no other way, which sucks now that she doesn't have them!! To me that's messing with her too much!!

As far as Jean is concerned, I just wish they would quit killing off these characters, that's all!! Just have them leave or something, quit killing them!!

Psylocke, while I grew up with her as the girl with the pink outfit, and then added on the purple armor, I liked the ninja transformation!! She was kicking butt then!!

Poor, poor Beast, he looks awful now!! We need the original Beast back!!

Oh and I totally agree, Quietly drew the X-Men horribly!! Scott was a stringbean horseface!!! And Wolverine looked like a lil greasy ethnic stereotype!!! @smilepunch@ Awful, just awful!! Glad that's behind us now!!!

It's a bit hard to say, but I'll go with Jean Grey....as the phoenix/dark phoenix things has been run into the ground now by all the times they have used it.

I love the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix characters, but there is something as too much.

not an x man, but a mutant, Magneto. so many changes...good, bad, bad, good. enough already

oh i know. tell me about it. bad. good. dead. bad. dead. bad.good. dead. dead. dead. house of m puppet. human. make up your mind. this is supposed to be a dangerous man.

It's a bit hard to say, but I'll go with Jean Grey....as the phoenix/dark phoenix things has been run into the ground now by all the times they have used it.

I love the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix characters, but there is something as too much.

True. Another story WAY over used is the Weapon X thing. No one seems to complain anymore though...

not an x man, but a mutant, Magneto. so many changes...good, bad, bad, good. enough already

oh i know. tell me about it. bad. good. dead. bad. dead. bad.good. dead. dead. dead. house of m puppet. human. make up your mind. this is supposed to be a dangerous man.

Ignoring all the deaths, he's always supposed to be that way, he doesn't care for humans but he'll do anything he can to help regular mutants, most of the times that he's been good, it's been because there was a great threat to all of Mutantkind, that he grouped up with Xavier to combat.

I am going to say Colossus.. he got KILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and writers have no clue what to do with him

Him getting killed is better then being made a useless homosexual ala the Ultimate universe.

Now, that's not a statement against homosexuals in any way, but rather, what made Colossus what he is in the MU is rendered sterotypical by the decision to make him gay.

I am going to say Colossus.. he got KILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and writers have no clue what to do with him

Him getting killed is better then being made a useless homosexual ala the Ultimate universe.

I've gotta agree. Making Colossus gay was dumb. Regardless of how one believes about homosexuality, it was a bad decision and killing him was stupid as well. The 80's early 90's Colossus kicked butt.