Why Did Hasbro Make Multiple Clone Sculpts?

DPrime

I'm just wondering why on Earth did Hasbro go to all the trouble to make all the differently sculpted Clone bodies... I can understand the "action feature" version, since they seem to think kids like that, and the SA version (which would have been fine if they had just used the Episode II version, when you think about it), but why sculpt the AT-TE/Tac Ops version, Bacara's body, and the jet-pack Clone? It takes loads of money and time, and I think everyone would have been happier if they had included standard SA or QD bodies instead of the ones they had used for these figures.

I mean, Clones are supposed to be the same, right?

I'm just wondering why on Earth did Hasbro go to all the trouble to make all the differently sculpted Clone bodies... I can understand the "action feature" version, since they seem to think kids like that, and the SA version (which would have been fine if they had just used the Episode II version, when you think about it), but why sculpt the AT-TE/Tac Ops version, Bacara's body, and the jet-pack Clone? It takes loads of money and time, and I think everyone would have been happier if they had included standard SA or QD bodies instead of the ones they had used for these figures.

I mean, Clones are supposed to be the same, right?

i think they thought they'd sell better if different clones had different features. people buy the AT TE because of the removable helmet. also, i heard this somewhere but i dunno if it's true, but for hasbro to release sufficient numbers of different clones at the same time, they need two molds. if the same mold is being used for two characters, released concurrently, they need to divide the time between each character, so you get half of what you would get if you had a different mold churning out each character. just a few theories, but if just about every clone used the same body sculpt, i doubt they'd sell as well. people will only buy the same thing so many times.

the bacara thing, your guess is as good as mine. that thing sucks.

Yeah, the AT-TE figure had a removable helmet, but they still could have retooled the QD or SA Clone to have the same, and still released both versions.

All I know is that I've made the decision to only buy QD and SA molds, myself - quality before quantity. Unfortunately that only many for the time being. Hopefully they release some repaints a la Entertainment Earth army-builder packs.

Yeah, the AT-TE figure had a removable helmet, but they still could have retooled the QD or SA Clone to have the same, and still released both versions.

All I know is that I've made the decision to only buy QD and SA molds, myself - quality before quantity. Unfortunately that only many for the time being. Hopefully they release some repaints a la Entertainment Earth army-builder packs.

the gunner mold gets a bad rap, but it's not horrible. the arms have nothing but cut joints, which is unfortunate, but the legs have better articulation than any other clone figure. plus, the removable helmet is cool.

the gunner mold gets a bad rap, but it's not horrible. the arms have nothing but cut joints, which is unfortunate, but the legs have better articulation than any other clone figure. plus, the removable helmet is cool.

Yes, I remember awhile back someone made like the ultimate Clone custom by taking the lower half from the Gunner and the torso and arms from the SA one and then taking the head from the Gunner I remember it came out amazing and it was one I wish that hasbro would have releaed.

nuff Said

i think the real issue is the cost to produce each clone. If they used the same #41 mold on all their products they would be wasting money. It is cheaper to make a AT-TE or Deluxe Clone then a #41. They use the cheaper mold with them and give you a couple more weapons. The #41 has more parts thus costing a few cents more to make. If you ever read the interviews about Transformers BT's VS Alts then you will understand that hasbro only cares about the bottom line