Ignore This Thread At Your Peril! Pic Intensive!!!

Alyosha

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow ----your skillz are the best bro--------like most have said, and like ive said before ------i would buy those over HASBROS ANYDAY!!!!

REALLY TO MANY JUST TO PICK ONE BECAUSE THEY ALL ROCK !!!!!

BUT IF I HAD A CHOICE TO ADD ANY TO MY COLLECTION-----

IN NO SPECIFIC ORDER

CG COMMANDO

SNOW JOB

TORPEDO

OUTBACK

LATER

DOC

I don't think I've ever seen your Big Ben custom, which may be why I am so drawn to it, but it is definitely my favorite them all.

and to anyone who has thought about buying any of Aly's work but has not, I can attest to the fact that they are top notch and worth the moolah.

Beach Head, Torpedo, Techno Viper, Taurus or Zandar would get my vote.

Were you letting him "inspect" your figures? ($5 to the person that get's that reference....)

no idea but i'll give it a try.

from www.zod2008.com(America asks Zod).....

General Zod replies: "Child, let me explain something quite important to you. Under my new order, I allow you to live. In return for your obedience, you enjoy my generous protection. I expect tribute. Your tricycle, your dolls, everything you own. All these you will gladly give to me. All swear allegience to Zod!"

@smilepunch@

HASBRO! HIRE THIS MAN ALREADY!!!

seriously, i don't collect new sculpt stuff, but if it looked anything like what you're doing, i'd buy it in a second. you should put together a portfolio of your work, and start shopping your skills around...someone would undoubtedly pick you up...anyone with any sense that is.

zito

They are all superb work, Al. Solid Snake is sweet, but I am loving that SAW Viper, too. Sheesh, I gotta buy some of those heads, but my Joe budget is wiped out until January!

The tough choice to make is that the contest is judged by guys who prolly don't know Joe like we do. They know great work because they work in the industry (Eric "Cornboy" Maize is one), and I can only send one so I want it to be something with a real high degree of difficulty. Like I said, it's down to Zandar, Slaughter and Budo unless I change my mind.

Oh and Draven, Robo Joe is one that I'll never part with like my Hit & Run. I love the speckled pants an the overall effect, but let's remember I stole the idea from Tom!

Oh, and lastly, since I'm so old that no-one get's that joke, it was a quote from Warflight back in the old YoJoe the PIT days...

Hasbro, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is the type of quality we expect from a professional company, not a man just sitting around because he likes to customize. SHAME ON YOU HASBRO!

Its hard to pick only one, my favorites are the Crimson Guard Commander, the Female Cobra soldier and the Night Viper. And your Zartan is the best Ive ever seen.

Road Pig, Night Viper, Techno Viper... Those are my picks. :) (And I accidently mailed out that SAW Viper to Zod, and he ain't shipped it back yet!)

-Kevin

I know I know....lol its sitting on my desk all ready to go i just havent mailed it out...lol. You'll get it.....maybe ;)

The tough choice to make is that the contest is judged by guys who prolly don't know Joe like we do. They know great work because they work in the industry (Eric "Cornboy" Maize is one), and I can only send one so I want it to be something with a real high degree of difficulty. Like I said, it's down to Zandar, Slaughter and Budo unless I change my mind.

Hey Al,

If it's down to those three, I think you should go with Budo. It looks like you put the most work in to that one. Plus all the detail you put in, I think he'd really stand out.

Wow... I don't think I've ever seen your RAH stuff. Amazing work as always... I tried to list my favourites, but there may be too many of them.

Both Flints: The first is a great homage to the original. The second is simply a great take on the character - something that would be perfect as a vehicle driver or something. Like, if something like that had been released in 1987, when the original wasn't available anymore, as a figure that came with a helicopter or something, it would have been perfect!

Big Ben: This figure original came out after my time, but I've grown to love the idea of an SAS soldier attach-posted to the Joe team. (I have the winter version myself, and he's great.) Your design is simple and slick - and the execution is just really well done. Great job.

Agent Conrad Hauser: Finally a Duke that actually looks fresh and interesting, and is still loyal to the original character! This is my favourite Duke since the RAH version. Hasbro needs to release this.

Gen. Hawk (Bivouac Dress): Again, like Big Ben, a slick and simple design. Simplicity always wins Hasbro - less crap hanging off figures and less gimicks, as well as a decent military-style paint job is what works.

Lifeline: Just a really well done homage to the original. Congrats on this one - he was never one of my favourites but this is one great figure.

Lady Jaye: Who doesn't want a LJ figure without the hat? Nicely done.

Night Viper: This figure should win. Period. It is simply awesome.

Man, I was right - there are too many favourites. I'll just mention the rest: RAH Devil's Due Shipwreck, Snowjob, RAH Rock and Roll, Sgt. Slaughter and Scarlett round out my favourites. Amazing work man, simply amazing.

there's nothing i could say here that wouldn't have been said better by someone else...but DAMN! your work kicks three or four asses at a time. i would go with bodo, that's my fave of your work with most of the rest of them coming in a close second.

you HAVE to make a doc figure. i wanna see what you can do with him since hasblow will probably never give us one...