Sign in to follow this  
Cobra Command

Hawk, My First Try

I loved the character Hawk but was a bit dissapointed with the new sculpt version we got. I had a heck of a time picking a good head until I saw someone else use the BTR Duke head and thought it looked decent. I used some rather crappy parts but they worked really well here and I`m pleased with the result. I view this version as a younger Hawk before becoming a General. I kind of based on several different versions of this character and gave him a very military look. Hope you all enjoy!

10002231fu.th.jpg

10002246ac.th.jpg

10002250zk.th.jpg

Cobra Commander was kind of a fixed mistake on many levels. I used some of the original dark blue parts for custom fodder but really missed this version. I repainted one of the baby blue ones and gave it Slashes upper arms and legs. The result I think made him in much better scale with the more recent figures as I always thought the original was too tall. I`m pleased that the Blue I used was almost an exact match for what Hasbro used. Just wish I didn`t cut off the buckle though. @hmmm@

another awesome custom especially CC. I SWEAR, if you put the Spy troops blue one with yours i couldnt tell the difference. btw what brand paint did you use for CC?

Citadel or Games Workshop Enchanted Blue matches the Spy Troops CC blue almost perfectly. I think making him a bit smaller was just what he needed. Does anyone have an extra CC head from the Spy troops or early VvV head?

I actually really like the Hawk figure., I think it's pretty cool. How tall is he? I really can't tell from the pics but he seems like he would be shorter because fo the parts?

I like them both but can't say I'm feelin the torso so much on hawk. I can't even say why but it doesn't say hawk. I like the smooth clean paint job too.