So Juggernaut's A Mutant...

amazingdm

Ive never thought of it--i guess i always assumed juggy was a mutant.

Have you guys checked out the cast/characters on imdb.com for this movie? Looks like they are going to have a lot of X-men characters in it. Im sure the majority will be brief cameos, but i hope they are at least as good as Colussus' cameo in x2 or LONGER. i noticed even Emma Frost will be in it, and I looked at the actress who is playing her . Yowza! good choice!

also i hope colossus is in this one more.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha......... i though Juggarnaut is a mutant?

i think he was in X-men:Evolutions

Yeah, in X-Men Evolution he is called an "enhanced mutant."

However, in the comics (and everything else I've ever seen), his powers are purely magical.

And I just love that DM rants in his signature about the lack of yellow spandex in the X-movies, but it's perfectly acceptable that Juggernaut is a mutant. Right, so we damn one director for inaccuracy, but we love the other regardless...

I see.

ANyway, i totally liked Bryan SInger's approach on X-men. I dont think Hugh Jackman will do the movie if he needs to wear yellow tights.....

Honestly, I never had a problem with the lack of superhero costumes, the X-Men until Astonishing (Greatest X-Men series ever, by the way.) weren't about the costumes or being heroes, they were PETA with better weapons, it was their situation and abilities that forced them into the position of heroes, they weren't lazy bastards like Batman that it took the world actually affecting them to become heroes, they were special and they needed help just as much as the world, Professor Xavier helped them when he could and they helped the world.

I thought he just had magical powers...not a mutant.

He keeps saying that in the Xmen toons everytime they call him a mutant....

Sucks if they made him a mutant in the x3....

Honestly, I never had a problem with the lack of superhero costumes, the X-Men until Astonishing (Greatest X-Men series ever, by the way.) weren't about the costumes or being heroes, they were PETA with better weapons, it was their situation and abilities that forced them into the position of heroes, they weren't lazy bastards like Batman that it took the world actually affecting them to become heroes, they were special and they needed help just as much as the world, Professor Xavier helped them when he could and they helped the world.

True.

Outside of Spider-Man and Superman, superhero costumes have never translated to the screen with 100% accuaracy. Yes, I'm aware even those two costumes took some liberties, but we'll deal with that another time. The question is why they can't just take the costumes we love in the comics and put them on the screen.

Oh, teacher, call on me! I know, I know! It's because- brace yourself -they would look so stupid that no one could seriously watch the movies. I've seen plenty of people Marvel and DC put in costumes for signings, conventions, and other sorts of publicity. Most of the people in those costumes are models; they are hired because they can fill the suit appropriately... and, no offense to them, but they look like idiots.

Even with the larger costume budget of a movie, there is no way you could look at those costumes on a screen and not laugh your ass off. While there are humorous aspects to these movies, they are not supposed to be comedies. The majority of moviegoers would be too busy busting a gut to really pay any attention to the screen. The people who think that more "faithful" costumes should be used for the movies may be the few that would actually enjoy seeing it... of course, even some of those ardent people might change their minds if they saw the comic-style costumes on the screen.

Comic book costumes look great on paper. So does communism. That doesn't mean either should be attemped for realistic use.

Bryan Singer was awesome on the first two X films for one very important reason.

He captured the true spirit of the X Men better than the comic had since X Men #3. That was what was important to me. I don't really care if they introduce some characters out of order. I don't care if they want to use realistic outfits instead of the Mexican-Wrestling style comic outfits, which was pointed out above, would make them look silly, like Power Rangers or similar fare. Singer got the feel, the understanding of the interplay between the characters, the pacing, everything really except Storm's dialogue. Hell, I thought the X-comics were so far off base I was just ecstatic when I saw the first movie, and I thought 2 was amazing for being able to tie so many plot lines together into one seamless story.

Unfortunately, for as much as amazingdm wants to love this movie, it looks like

spoilers

Cyclops is going to die very early in the film, and Prof X shortly after, both killed by Jean. Logan and Storm will have a relationship. Stacy X is a rumored character, we see Jean with Magneto, and Angel's father is a main villain. Now how in the world can you say Singer's changes were worse than THAT? You may not like Singer because you wanted to see men in spandex, but you need to understand the GOOD things he did for the franchise, which far outweigh the negatives, imo. Ratner looks like he's going for cheap action, and wants to influence the franchise more than make a good story. But this is just from previews, the trailer, rumors of the script, etc. Who knows; all I can say is he seems to be making more bold changes than Singer. And they still aren't in spandex, so how is this soooo much better already for dm? I don't get it.

Well, I read somewhere that they aren't expecting to do a fourth movie. It's entirely possible that Ratner is just pulling out all the stops because he figures that if they make another X-Men movie, it'll be 10 years or so down the road, and they'll probably pull a "Batman" and start from scratch.

As much as I tend to disagree with DM, I'm hoping this movie turns out well. I think Ratner is a decent director, and can pull this off as long as the fandom doesn't kill it before it even hits the screen. I mean, I have to give Ratner some credit; he was smart enough to give a part in Rush Hour 2 to John Lone, one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood.

As much as I tend to disagree with DM, I'm hoping this movie turns out well. I think Ratner is a decent director, and can pull this off as long as the fandom doesn't kill it before it even hits the screen. I mean, I have to give Ratner some credit; he was smart enough to give a part in Rush Hour 2 to John Lone, one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood.

Why even mention that?

Anyway this movie does look good

there's no reason to fear Ratner, he'll do much better than Singer, he'll put action and character into it hopefully..

the costumes were a big part for me.. during morrison's run i couldn't stand it but now with the costumes back I'm elated.. costumes are essential. they needed em in the movies but oh well.. maybe in the next x-men franchise

singer made the first two x-men films so damn boring though.. honestly were those even x-men films? certainly didn't feel like anything I've read

Bryan Singer was awesome on the first two X films for one very important reason.

He captured the true spirit of the X Men better than the comic had since X Men #3. That was what was important to me. I don't really care if they introduce some characters out of order. I don't care if they want to use realistic outfits instead of the Mexican-Wrestling style comic outfits, which was pointed out above, would make them look silly, like Power Rangers or similar fare. Singer got the feel, the understanding of the interplay between the characters, the pacing, everything really except Storm's dialogue. Hell, I thought the X-comics were so far off base I was just ecstatic when I saw the first movie, and I thought 2 was amazing for being able to tie so many plot lines together into one seamless story.

Unfortunately, for as much as amazingdm wants to love this movie, it looks like

spoilers

Cyclops is going to die very early in the film, and Prof X shortly after, both killed by Jean. Logan and Storm will have a relationship. Stacy X is a rumored character, we see Jean with Magneto, and Angel's father is a main villain. Now how in the world can you say Singer's changes were worse than THAT? You may not like Singer because you wanted to see men in spandex, but you need to understand the GOOD things he did for the franchise, which far outweigh the negatives, imo. Ratner looks like he's going for cheap action, and wants to influence the franchise more than make a good story. But this is just from previews, the trailer, rumors of the script, etc. Who knows; all I can say is he seems to be making more bold changes than Singer. And they still aren't in spandex, so how is this soooo much better already for dm? I don't get it.

Who said anything about spandex???

they couldn't have put color into the costumes? they made spider-man and fantastic four costumes look great

the cyclops/prof x is going to die was an EARLY rumor off an EARLY script.. it's not confirmed.. one of the deaths is likely though.. both are possible.

singer's movies were so god awful and boring i cant stand to watch them anymore

at least this movie is going to have sentinels in them

and i am terribly disappointed they didn't alter the costumes at all.

but at least this movie will have more elements from the comic book

more action, more humor etc

singer's movies were so god awful and boring i cant stand to watch them anymore

OK, I'm trying to get to the bottom of why you hate these movies so much, because I thought they really tapped into what made the X Men good in the first place, in Claremont's first run.

So far, you say you don't like the costumes, there's no action, and there's no humor.

Dude, what is wrong with you sometimes? If you don't like the costumes, fine, but to say there was no action or humor in either film? You can't just make things up and then use them for arguing points. I recall more humor in them than most X Comics, and although the movies weren't 2 hours of explosions (there's plenty of hollywood garbage to choose from if that's what you want) there were plenty of fights and action.

I just can't understand you sometimes. Could you be a little more descriptive as to why you hate them so much? And why aren't you freaking out about the rumored deaths, and Phoenix being with Magneto? These are much bigger changes than your hated arch nemesis, who I doubt even YOU understand why you "hate" the guy so much.

When did start reading X Men, btw?

Better yet, what one specific X Men comic story do you think would make an excellent film? I'm talking literal translation, since that's what you want.

Personally, I think it would be cool to see a re-take on the original Giant Size X Men #1 story, where the team is incapacitated, and Xavier has to call in a new strike team. You'd still have the main guys there, just with less time.

Better idea than freakin' killing characters for contract disputes or not wanting to do more movies at least.

Oh man if that whole plot about Xavier and Cykes getting killed off early and Storm and...and gosh I hope it doesn't turn out like that at all. I have hope for this film, I hope Ratner doesn't f*** it up.

Nuff Said

Oh man if that whole plot about Xavier and Cykes getting killed off early and Storm and...and gosh I hope it doesn't turn out like that at all. I have hope for this film, I hope Ratner doesn't f*** it up.

Nuff Said

All of those were just rumors; I didn't even believe them because they sounded so bad; then I watched the trailer.

The script descriptions were very specific, and they seem to match things I see in the trailer.

Oh man. Why would they kill off the two characters that are the core of the Xavier Institute? Cyke and Chuck are what keeps that damn place together. NOW they are saying Storm is gonna be the sole leader? I didn't think she was leader material in the comics, (Claremont disagrees) the MOVIE version certainly couldn't lead that team.

And I really, really don't like that they are putting Jean with Eric's camp. Sigh.

Yea cause you have not leg to stand on!!!

Both X-Men movies that singer did were fantastic!! I would rather have a smart well thought out movie with just enough action to keep it going in right places than an all out action movie!! You want one, go rent Mortal Kombat Annihalation!!!

As far as the characters go, he got them down to a T, Wolive was the smart aleck tough guy, Rogue the lone girl afraid to get close to anyone, Cyke the by the book guy, Jean the smart and inhibited mutant, Nightcrawler the religious god loving mutant who forgives his enemies, etc!!!

Don't know how long you've been reading comics, but Singer did a fantastic job, and hopefully, but doubtful Ratner can do the same!!

If you want costumes, go rent Spidey, FF, DD, or Hulk.

leg to stand on? whats the point of arguing.. am i trying to prove that I didn't like them? really what's the point, and does anyone CARE if I didn't like them and want to prove that false?

and i already own those 4 movies, and glad they have costumes.

wolverine, a 6'3" skinny guy?

singer sucks

i'm just gonna start saying simple stuff with no backup from now on.. anyone can take it or leave but why would you care?

li'm just gonna start saying simple stuff with no backup from now on.

Simple arguments from a simple man!!

@loll@

definately not a simple man

and definately not arguments

i'm sick of arguing on the internet.. cuz i mean, you prove stuff to other people? who cares.. i feel this way or that way.. that's what you're gettin outta me

no, definately not

that would mean you're trying to say that there was some complexity of the x-men movies that i didn't understand (same excuse the sin city fans gave me for me hating that movie)

i just thought they were plainass boring

firestongue and others

Colossus will have a biger role in X3. if you don't beilve me I can give you my friends email address who found this out and the rummour about Logan taking on Juggernaut is not ture colossus is going to be the one to takes him out.

I don't think Ratner can be blamed if Cyclops and Xavier die. The franchise is being run by Avi Arad and Marvel Films, so they're making these decisions.

And we haven't even seen the flick yet. Can we at least hold off on the Ratner-bashing until it's been finished and seen by an audience?

And DM has an opinion on Singer's X-men films. It's his opinion, which he has every right to.

And, to keep this post on topic, I think they'll just call Juggernaut a mutant to avoid complications. They have bigger fish to fry in this movie than some musclehead.