Magneto...master Of Magnetism!!!!

levit05

Ok guys…here I have the MASTER OF MAGNETISM!!!!….MAGENTO….i know I know…I said I would never make customs of ML’s already released….but I broke that rule as you will see over the next upcoming customs….but here is the write up for this custom….

Recipe

Head- Movie Mr. Fantastic (series 3)??? Not sure, the one were he is trying to hold back The THING

Helmet- ML magneto (retooled)

Torso and waist - Black Panther

Arms(biceps)- ML Cyclops series 10

Forearms- Bullseye

Hands came from fodder box…don’t know who….

Thighs- Wolverine

Knees on down to the feet- Bulls Eye

Cape came from some old figure…..

Ok this would have been an easy custom except that I couldn’t get the freaking helmetto fit right….and that actually was the biggest problem….i had no paint rub issues when I made this one or anything loose but when I had to extend the helmet because he had a bid noggin…MAN O MAN….this drove me to actually putting this figure down for about a day or so…but anyways….what I did first was of course pick the pieces out, in this case I had already used similar recipes with the wolverine legs for Bishop and later with Sentry….so I figured I would once again try it on the new torso(which I’m not too crazy for) but decided to use it because I had wayYYYY too many of these suckers laying around….so after removing the arms and legs I replaced them with what I had in mind….Cyclops hands looked funny to me on the Bullseye forearms so I went back and realized that a lot of my customs as of lately have been without hand articulation…mainly because I don’t like it…so I went ahead and removed them…..I wanted one hand to be clenched in a fist while the other showed how he would be manipulating his powers….not to mention I wanted his hands to match the intensity in his face….which I think I captured…after that was done I went to the legs which again was easy b/c of previous use….when I made the boots…I had noticed somewhere that a person (I think it was Magnus) had repainted the boot straps….in a way I did the same thing but I also sculpted the middle strap in the boot….lol…I guess this is what sets it apart….in my own lil head atleast…lol…before attaching the cape I had to paint the back so that I would have any problems after it was attached….once that was done I attached the cape and found that the metal thingy around mags neck was too big….so instead of trying to find that would fit I just decided to sculpt it….in the end I am very happy with this custom….well guys I hope you enjoy!!! Let me know what you think!!!! Thanks again!!!

scalet5.jpg

blurmagneto.jpg

blurmagneto3.jpg

blurmagneto5.jpg

blurmagneto8.jpg

blurmagneto6.jpg

blurmagneto9.jpg

blurmagneto4.jpg

I really like the body, but whats with the Bill Clinton head? I like the original head much better.....both the standard version and the box set version match magneto better than the one you used.

But other than the head, its a really cool custom.

He looks like the Master of Constipation with that head. No offense but those are bad paint jobs. Are they supposed to look dirty?

Well, I actually like the paint job. The dirty thing gives the customs a bit more detailed work on it.

Looking at the custom I actually like him with the helmet on. But without it looks weird seriously.

JOhnny

Pretty sweet! Im not too sure about the head though! :P

hmmm...you guys really let me have it...huh....lol....well i was going for a pissed off younger look....i thought i captured it....? besides ...i he does look better with the other 3 acolytes i made....i will take pics with them in it....its going to be a sea of red and purple....lol....as far as the paint apps go...i liked the dark shades on this...only because i'm a big fan of the dark shadow on figures such as the Mcfarlane figs....well i do appreciate your honesty....hopefully when i post him with the other acolytes you can see it maybe a lil different...Thanks guys!!! ^_^;)<_<

Levit,first let me say the paint apps are awesome,and you guys need to see it in person.Levit has awesome paint skills,adds alot of detail,where there is normaly none just a solid color.

at first I didnt like the head,but after looking at it,its cuz of the helmet hair,if it was all standing up instead of flat to his head it would rock,but then the helmet wouldnt fit.

great look on him looking pissed!!!

hmmm...you guys really let me have it...huh....lol....well i was going for a pissed off younger look....i thought i captured it....? besides ...i he does look better with the other 3 acolytes i made....i will take pics with them in it....its going to be a sea of red and purple....lol....as far as the paint apps go...i liked the dark shades on this...only because i'm a big fan of the dark shadow on figures such as the Mcfarlane figs....well i do appreciate your honesty....hopefully when i post him with the other acolytes you can see it maybe a lil different...Thanks guys!!! ^_^  ;)  <_<

I really like the body, but the head just looks too much like Bill Clinton....I mean I like Bill as much as the next dude, but never once did I ever look on him and think now theirs a dude that could play the part of Magneto.

But you know what, at the end of the day he's your figure and as long as you're happy with him, then really whos cares what people online think?

His eyebrows aren't slanted enough to justify the facial expression and the eyes don't convey anything angry. Do a test, put your thumb over his mouth, just under his nose and look at him. Mags looks like he's just staring straight ahead when you do this.

The half-thumb is a good test to see if a facial expression works. In order for an expression to work, both halves must distinctly convey the same expression.

hmmm...you guys really let me have it...huh....lol....well i was going for a pissed off younger look....i thought i captured it....? besides ...i he does look better with the other 3 acolytes i made....i will take pics with them in it....its going to be a sea of red and purple....lol....as far as the paint apps go...i liked the dark shades on this...only because i'm a big fan of the dark shadow on figures such as the Mcfarlane figs....well i do appreciate your honesty....hopefully when i post him with the other acolytes you can see it maybe a lil different...Thanks guys!!! ^_^;)<_<

well, you can't expect us to love everything you do @lol@

jk

but seriously, I am glad that you are taking it well.. some people can't take criticism at all... but I hope you see that it is actually a good thing that some of us had a few negative things to say about this.. it means we are actually paying attention to your work, and not just pandering you... plus, it means we respect you enough to be honest

and like I said before... I love all of your other stuff

hmmm...you guys really let me have it...huh....lol....well i was going for a pissed off younger look....i thought i captured it....? besides ...i he does look better with the other 3 acolytes i made....i will take pics with them in it....its going to be a sea of red and purple....lol....as far as the paint apps go...i liked the dark shades on this...only because i'm a big fan of the dark shadow on figures such as the Mcfarlane figs....well i do appreciate your honesty....hopefully when i post him with the other acolytes you can see it maybe a lil different...Thanks guys!!! ^_^  ;)  <_<

well, you can't expect us to love everything you do @lol@

jk

but seriously, I am glad that you are taking it well.. some people can't take criticism at all... but I hope you see that it is actually a good thing that some of us had a few negative things to say about this.. it means we are actually paying attention to your work, and not just pandering you... plus, it means we respect you enough to be honest

and like I said before... I love all of your other stuff

I completely agree, I custom figs from time to time & I'm hoping my skill will one day match yours & jins.

While I'm probably one of the few that wasn't terribly bothered by TB's Magneto(besides the belt and size), I honestly think that you did a terrific job on this custom. The body-parts used ( while complicated IMO)work well together, are well-balanced and uniform. The face is not as bad as most are saying and I really like the hair (although he does look more appealing with the helm!). The cape (while static)gives a majestic sense of movement (in "hover-mode")and the paint apps. are crisp. My only major criticizm(as with most customs I see) is that I simply cannot stand the "glossy-sheen" finish. I would suggest giving the hair a subtle-wash of definition, down-play the lips a tad and give it a shot of FLAT matte finish (at least on the skin and fabric;the gauntlets might look cool shiny). Keep-up the good work(but PLEASE stay away from the GLOSSY finishes!LOL)!