Does Afa Grade Mib Original Gen 1 Transformers...

Elias

I am a collector of all things Transformers. Mostly the Generation 1 series. I used to be hardcore into collecting the Hasbro and Takara reissues, but now I am primarily into just getting my hands on anything MISB, MOSC, and MIB when it comes to Gen 1 originals. I have a few nice MISB, MOSC, and MIB I would like to get graded. I know Prowl has had a few things AFA graded that were sealed.

Would AFA grade some of my complete MIBs? Some of mine are pretty much like sealed.. with the plastic tab on the styrofoam never removed and the decals and instructions still sealed in the baggys. Just missing that side tape that makes them "legit" MISB collectibles.

I am a collector of all things Transformers. Mostly the Generation 1 series. I used to be hardcore into collecting the Hasbro and Takara reissues, but now I am primarily into just getting my hands on anything MISB, MOSC, and MIB when it comes to Gen 1 originals. I have a few nice MISB, MOSC, and MIB I would like to get graded. I know Prowl has had a few things AFA graded that were sealed.

Would AFA grade some of my complete MIBs? Some of mine are pretty much like sealed.. with the plastic tab on the styrofoam never removed and the decals and instructions still sealed in the baggys. Just missing that side tape that makes them "legit" MISB collectibles.

Yup - they still grade those, but if the bubble has been opened, then they will be considered loose.

Still, AFA will consider MIB sealed in the category :)

I was thinking of getting my original G1 Sixshot and G1 Shockwave I got off of you graded.. among some other things.

P.S. I been really looking after Shocky Prowl!

I know this is a bit of a crazy plan, but what you COULD do instead is save the slightly scary amount of money it takes for a fat man in a basement to say something's 'AFA85' or whatever, and instead buy yourself more nice TFs or something else you want!

$8,000 for a bloody toy? geez

Is that US dollars? HOLY CRAP!

I am officially embarrassed to be a Transformers fan.

Yeah, but have you looked at the prices of sealed AFA G-1's lately?

They're going for thousands and thousands of dollars!!!!

That's insane!

I almost feel like seeing how much my AFA 80 Blaster would go for lol

I know this is a bit of a crazy plan, but what you COULD do instead is save the slightly scary amount of money it takes for a fat man in a basement to say something's 'AFA85' or whatever, and instead buy yourself more nice TFs or something else you want!

I support what this guy says; unless you are collecting to make an eventual Transformer museum or something at that level I dont see the point on burning $$$ that you could use to get more figures you want.

How do they know that there's actually a Fort Max in that AFA sealed box? Surely if it's MISB, with all the polystyrene you couldn't tell if there's a toy in there or not. It might just be full of bricks.

And if it is.. I say MUHAHAHAHAH!

I woulud say 10k

oh my god thats a dream come true lol!

I'd love an afa fort max... let alone a LOOSE OnE @grumpy@ Love max from the HM/PM series myself :)

afa graded 80 though lol!

Gime an afa graded swoop & metroplex while you're at it LOL

I"ll stick with max & metroplex lol :)

ACtaully metroplex is about the only TF I'd ever buy afa graded my self ... less the price was right of corse ;P mainly cause my dad brought me one for xmas sooo... :P

Why do you want to get your stuff graded?

I'm just curious why someone would want to to do that.

I think it's quite amusing the fact that anyone would keep Fort Max, Metroplex, Masterpiece Prime or any of the other TFs that come with a windowless box MISB, let along have it AFA graded...

Wouldn't you ever wonder what it looked like in there? Doesn't it totally and utterly defeat the point? I can understand why people will keep a G1 Prime or Magnus MISB, or collect the Binaltechs MISB, because they still look kinda pretty inside the box, but the others? Madness I tell you.

Want to know why people get their toys AFA graded? Pure and simple because of crazy collectors like Nocturno that blow hundreds if not thousands on a figure that was once a fraction of that price.

By AFA grading one of my MISB or MOSC G1 originals I pay what? 50-100 bucks to tripple that figure's value? If said toy is 300, by AFA grading it you make it worth 600-1,000. Cost of toy and grading combined costs just south of 400, yet you turn around and sell the puppy for 600 to a grand and make a nice tidy profit.

Of course that's if you actually sell it. I have never been one to sell off my stuff. So I have no idea if it's a good investment or not. Guess if you plan to sell later. Then it's a great investment.

Lets see, it's a MISB Japanese Fort Max... Hmm....

I'm willing to bet that whatever it sells for, it would've brought almost as much being not graded. That is one rare toy to find MISB....

Yeah, as you can tell I agree with the guys that say grading is a waste of money.

Want to know why people get their toys AFA graded? Pure and simple because of crazy collectors like Nocturno that blow hundreds if not thousands on a figure that was once a fraction of that price.

By AFA grading one of my MISB or MOSC G1 originals I pay what? 50-100 bucks to tripple that figure's value? If said toy is 300, by AFA grading it you make it worth 600-1,000. Cost of toy and grading combined costs just south of 400, yet you turn around and sell the puppy for 600 to a grand and make a nice tidy profit.

Of course that's if you actually sell it. I have never been one to sell off my stuff. So I have no idea if it's a good investment or not. Guess if you plan to sell later. Then it's a great investment.

Selling. Pure and simple.

But if you don't sell it, why waste the money? The value would be however you value it.