X-men #1 Is The Winner

MM300ZX

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe marvel should take a hint and hire Jim Lee back. Any way i am glad this cover won. I can't wait to see what they come out with weather it be Marvel Legends or something else.

awesome news

Meh...I was hoping that it would've been something other than the X-men, preferably the Cap vs. Zemo cover or Beta Ray Bill. It seems almost too coincidental that this cover won, considering all of the figures on the cover, with the exception of Psylocke(but who will be coming soon), all have figures made.

Meh...I was hoping that it would've been something other than the X-men, preferably the Cap vs. Zemo cover or Beta Ray Bill. It seems almost too coincidental that this cover won, considering all of the figures on the cover, with the exception of Psylocke(but who will be coming soon), all have figures made.

just like astonishing x-men #6 is easily within the top 10 covers of all time.

Exactly.

And don't get me wrong-I love Astonishing X-Men, hell, I love the X-Men in general. Always have and always will; however, some things are just...a little hard to swallow.

Exactly.

And don't get me wrong-I love Astonishing X-Men, hell, I love the X-Men in general. Always have and always will; however, some things are just...a little hard to swallow.

me too. its the best x book in years, but when you have 40 years of history and over 1000's of covers, i can think of at least 20 more. my favorite of all time, was the kubert cover of cyclops and havok fighting in freefall during that whole havok in the brotherhood period.

yea I don't see how astonishing xmen #1 got up there etiher ... just like side show snow bunny padme it smellllllssss rigged :P

Needless to say though I'm glad the jim lee cover won!

I wonder if this is why we got that CRAP black out fit storm ... so they could put out a white/more jimlee styled one latter on hmm?... ( Don't mind the hate on storm, I just think theres about a billion other/better out fits they coulda gone with to make black than that one ...

Aww man, now if they release that White version, I'm stuck with the black outfit as well!! I hate re-releases like that!!!

But hey, if this means we get Archangel, Cyclops, Rogue, and Iceman done over, better sculpted, I'm all for it!!! Too bad Banshee and Forge aren't on the cover!!! Hey we may get Prof X in Hoverchair!!! Psylocke would be the only new figure to be made!!!

I hope this is a regular release and not a stupid box set, that way I can pick what I want to get!!!

are we not suppose to be getting psy in one of the upcoming waves allready ?..

Personaly lj I love figures like that :) Even if I BUY the crap one first! If anything I either open it & keep the new one mosc, or sell it off, so it works out nice :D If they do put out a new one as well I'm sure you're comic shop would give ya a few bucks for the black one or something, maybe an outright trade for a new comic ;) you just gota do it fast before the comic shop guys find out about the new stuff @loll@

& ...

I'd love a new prof X !! With HC!!! Though the one we got is ok, I sitll think he looks like some kinda pedifile or some such @bH@ @loll@ "hey kids come sit on my lap & I'll teach you how to use you're mutant powers!!!"

I'm gonna laugh & point at all of you that voted for this cover when it turns out to be a 2' scale non articulated diorama! With so many X-men done already, you all vote for the same characters all over again? WTF?

give the fact that it was a choice between jim lee & the other cover I'd say they picked the right one out of the two :)

& yea... I dout this will be a figure related thing either ...

or if it is it will be a boxed set/diorama similar to what they do with starwars stuff now & then ...

Have you guys already forgotten that that vote was for the crappy new diorama series called "Marvel Legends Masterworks" that are made with unarticulated figures. They had pics of some of them in Toyfare a couple of months ago showing the Fantastic Four fighting Mole man cover and the figures were like 2" tall. They also had a Green Goblin against Spidey that had 6" figures that had no articulation. That vote was just to make more of these, NOT Marvel Legends as we know them now.

Here's a pic of them:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?act=Attach&ty...ost&id=15996411

Have you guys already forgotten that that vote was for the crappy new diorama series called "Marvel Legends Masterworks" that are made with unarticulated figures.  They had pics of some of them in Toyfare a couple of months ago showing the Fantastic Four fighting Mole man cover and the figures were like 2" tall.  They also had a Green Goblin against Spidey that had 6" figures that had no articulation.  That vote was just to make more of these, NOT Marvel Legends as we know them now.

Here's a pic of them:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?act=Attach&ty...ost&id=15996411

This is what Marvel's site says;

The winning covers and scenes will be used in all new Marvel Legends product line that’s so top secret that we can't even disclose them to you (our lips are sealed -- besides the Suits upstairs won't let us).

Who really knows what this means, it could be those statues, it could be a crazy box set....everyone is just saying what they really want to see.

The winning covers and scenes will be used in all new Marvel Legends product line that’s so top secret that we can't even disclose them to you (our lips are sealed -- besides the Suits upstairs won't let us).

Who really knows what this means, it could those statues, it could be a crazy box set....everyone is just saying what they really want to see.

That quote came out before they announced the Masterworks line in ToyFare. Since then, they've released the info for Masterworks in ToyFare. That's why it's called "Marvel Legends: Masterworks". That's their new "Top Secret" line. I appreciate wishlists & dreaming, but I don't want to see folks get mad when they see X-Men 1 come out with 1" versions of those figures and everyone's expecting a boxset with all those great figs in one set with a cool diorama. I'd love to see that, but that's not what the vote was for.

Sorry

Who really knows what this means, it could those statues, it could be a crazy box set....everyone is just saying what they really want to see.

That quote came out before they announced the Masterworks line in ToyFare. Since then, they've released the info for Masterworks in ToyFare. That's why it's called "Marvel Legends: Masterworks". That's their new "Top Secret" line. I appreciate wishlists & dreaming, but I don't want to see folks get mad when they see X-Men 1 come out with 1" versions of those figures and everyone's expecting a boxset with all those great figs in one set with a cool diorama. I'd love to see that, but that's not what the vote was for.

Sorry

It really would be a downer if that's what Toybiz is going to be making, I mean the FF statue looked kinda cheap...the FF figures more so than the mole creature. But I know for me I wouldnt get pissed, I would just say thanks but no thanks....and pass on them.

Then why did you all vote for this w/o knowing all the facts? They're gonna be the 2' scale non-articulated diorama so enjoy it all you X-fanatics! BWAHAHA!