The First Official Philippine Customized Gi Joes

The Flash

After months of research, parts outsourcing, and actual customization…we proudly present to you guys the 1st Unofficial (yet, we hope somebody makes it Official) Filipino Custom Joes.

Quick back story:

We have been trying to search the net via Yahoo for the longest time now any posted pics of customized Filipino Joes. So far, we have been unsuccessful.

By saying “WE�, that means me and a couple of other Filipino G.I.Joe fanatics, one of which would be arguably the most fanatic in the local Filipino Joe scene, JM Cajigal aka Chrysophylax aka Serpentor (in most boards). He has been the chief consultant in this project, camos-, arms-, and parts-wise.

The other is George Amurao aka Pinoyronin, a huge help in finding much needed parts that are so difficult to find in the local Pinoy toy community. The fourth, yet unofficial, member of this little “trip� is Jojo Dy, a militaria aficionado who owns a couple of hobby shops in Manila catering to 12� Joe figures and the occasional 3 ¾ enthusiasts.

With all the other highly celebrated ethnicities in the Joe-verse (Japanese, Chinese, etc), Hasbro has yet to come up with a true blue Filipino. The solution to it was a simple one…why not create one?

Hence, this project was born.

Without much ado, here are pictures of our “Team Philippines�, three Philippine Marines inspired from the actual heroes that have been valiantly fighting for the defense of our country and sometimes being sent offshore to help the Nations/neighboring countries.

WIPs:

Notice the parts selection, mostly BDUs with the pants tucked in army boots. Heads used were Ryu and Budo (obviously Asians) and Bulletproof, who looks more Malay than African-American when painted with the right skin tone.

WIPs.jpg

Base paint application and Pinoy skin tones. A perfect match, IMHO.

WIPs2.jpg

First coat of camo patterns.

000_0863.jpg000_0864.jpg

Second and third coat of camos.

000_0865.jpg

Finished product, very first pictures taken at 2 in the morning!

000_0867.jpg

000_0868.jpg

000_0869.jpg

To be continued...

Continuation...

More and more stuff….

000_0870.jpg

000_0878.jpg

000_0871.jpg

000_0873.jpg

Under the hot afternoon sun...

000_0875.jpg

Reference pictures used. I used a combination of the old and current Philippine Marine standard camo patterns and used more of a faded look rather than a spanking new BDU.

Philippines_marines_front.jpgPhilippines_yellowmarines_front.jpg

Balikatan2.jpg

Balikatan5.jpg

Well, wadya think guys? For all the Pinoys here, half-blooded and a true blue brown skinned Joe aficionado, make yourselves heard! Ü

This is dedicated to my 2 grandfathers, both former Philippine war veterans and to the entire Philippine Marine Corps. Mabuhay kayong lahat!

PROUD TO BE PINOY...

The Flash AKA Glenmarc Antonio aka G-Sk1lls

:)

xhairs

Thanks dude! :)

NiteWing73

On the contrary, all my WIPs have been laid out until Zanzibar made that plea for Hasbro to make a Pinoy Joe. Well, that thread did give me a sudden sense of urgency to finish the project. Baka maunahan, alam mo na! :)

Dr. Strange Love

Sadly, I could only keep these figs for myself. Not unless you'd supply the parts and I'll make 'em for yah! It's actually quite difficult to source out parts here in Manila since there are only but 30+ of us local afficionados here. And there aren't any local shops that cater to us Pinoy Joe fans anymore.

code red shockwave

Just like what Bamboo sang.."Oh, Pinoy ako...buo aking loob, may agimat ang dugo koh!!!" Hehehe! :)

JoeRhyno

Thanks, my man. I suppose you should show these to your wife..she's a Filipina isnt she?? :)

Topes

Baliw, salamat kapatid!!! hehehe!

GILTYONE

Sincerely appreciate the kind words, sir. :)

This is dedicated to my 2 grandfathers, both former Philippine war veterans and to the entire Philippine Marine Corps. Mabuhay kayong lahat!

PROUD TO BE PINOY...

g-to-tha-skills! ya know you've outdone yourself on these ones, hats off to ya! even if i don't say it, you know i love 'em, great job, glad someone finally did it. B)

so, what's next? how 'bout some of these guys?

SRPARADE.JPG

or these?

2RANGERS.JPG

Lrrp.jpg

^_^

Dieselboy M

Thanks kapatid. Im really happy the project is over, though I'll still make a couple of adjustments eg insignias/decals and more detailing.

I'm sorry but i can't view the images you posted. can you send them to my e-ad (gfantonio@smart.com.ph) so that I get to view them soon? Peace!

PROUD TO BE PINOY...

Now THAT'S some coolass G.I.JOE action figures!!! The fact you MADE them yourself, is even COOLER!! :)

I'd be army building a bunch of these babies!

JM

Oh yes, our famous Philippine Scout Rangers aka "Musangs" (wildcats). Thanks for reposting the images.

Viper Hunter

Hehehe! If we had enough parts to go by, then I'll really have to army build these PMCs. Thanks! ;)

Tr1er

Hey, thanks dawg! "Pinoy ako...Pinoy tayoh!!!" Hehehe...

SPC Airborne

White Ryu from the SF series. This Ryu...

Ryu.jpg

Thanks for appreciating my stuff... ;)

PROUD TO BE PINOY...

Oh

My

GOD!!!

Three Storms just did it...he really did it. He made it official on TNI that this is indeed the very first ever Filipino Custom GI Joes by renaming this thread. Thanks so much, kapatid (brother) !!!

For all those who appreciated, viewed, and took the time to actually post a reply to this thread, our SINCEREST thanks!

PROUD TO BE PINOY...

It's really a wonderful feeling knowing that, my good friend. That's why I push myself and my teammates harder to come-up with unique custom pieces so that the support given to us is not for naught. :)

Mabuhay!

PROUD TO BE PINOY,

The Flash aka Glenmarc Antonio aka G-Sk1lls

:D