More Bad Service From Figuresdirect.com

custo

I've only ordered stuff from Walt at figuresdirect.com twice, and both times I've been very unsatisfied. After having a bad experience the first time, I decided to give him a second shot and have again had a terrible experience.

I ordered the following from him:

4x CG

1x MEdi-Viper

1x Scrap-Iron

And sent the payment on June 5 2005, we're now in november so that makes lemme see...5 months and I still have not recieved my order.

I filled out a ticket at his help desk but he has still not gotten back to me.

Walt I would either like my 6 figures or my 30$ back.

This is definetly the last time I will do business with him, and I warn others to stay away.

Custo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we haven't had any luck dealing w/ Figuresdirect, seems like we have to bring it up on the forums to try and get action. I ordered a figure in March which he never sent (Con Demolisher) though he said he was looking into it. Foolishly, I pre-ordered the DTC comic packs from him, but have not received them yet (my order was also in July). The thing is, I dont know if I was charged for the comic packs as they were pre-order, but there is still the missing Demolisher figure. They arent answering emails and their phone number is a machine... sucks all around...

FROM WHAT IVE READ HERE AND AT JOESIGHTINGS AS WELL AS MY OWN RUN IN WITH FIGURESDIRECT..DONT BUY FROM HIM. hes had the better business burrow sent after him,, several credit card companies , and 80 - 90% of people who order from him get screwed...so please let his lame a$$ company die off..but you'll probably be in the fight of your life with him..last time his phone was disconnected and he didnt reply to emails for 2 months

a few others that are good are

guruplanet---good selection..kind of pricey

brianstoys-----good selection----way high on shipping

gijoehq----free shipping always fast and good selection

bigbadtoystore--cheap flate rate shipping--good selection

or try the online companies like hasbro or amazon...

Dang, it's a wonder he's still in business! It sounds like there's enough of you to file a lawsuit against FiguresDirect.

As for SmallJoes, I've never had a problem with Corey and I've been buying stuff since 2001 from him.

Sorry to hear about your problems. If ever someone is going to pay by money order, IMHO a Postal MO is the way to go because then you can use the mail fraud angle a whole lot easier plus it is easier to track them if you have a problem.

I have bought from smalljoes several times and never had any problems.

Custo,

I'd be careful with Smalljoes. The guy takes forever to get orders out and as I found out the HARD way, he is nice enough unless he screws up your order in which case he becomes a real S.O.B.. Had two orders sent incorrectly from him and ended up having to take a loss in the matter. He was a right wanker when it came to email responses too. Be careful. I find you learn most about online retailers when you have an issue and they have to show their "customer service" skills. Unfortunately not this guys fortee. I have found GIJOEHQ.com to be the only one of the bunch to get the whole customer service aspect. I have had incorrect orders before and he fixed them and/or responded super-fast and in a kind manner. The only other site I have had respond that fast and well is BriansToys but they are waaayyyy expensive.

Outside of the big boys (Hasbrotoyshop, Amazon/TRU and KBkids) the only reliable, well priced site I have dealt with is GiJoeHQ. Unfortunately the small guys just dont seem to get it. Prices are one thing, shipping time is important but more than anything is customer service. In the past I have had run ins with SmallJoes, StoreOn44 and BigSnowTradingCo that have had mixed results, mostly uneven and somewhat negative. I have never had an issue with FiguresDirect but after reading this I will probably not shop there anymore.

Hey I've ordered from Smalljoes a lot of times, and have always gotten my order fast. I am nothing but completely happy with them.

Like I said, the problem with Smalljoes is when they screw up your order, hopefully you wont go through that mess.

I recently bought from Big Snow Trading Company and had the same experience. This company seems to be run by the same guy because my account was charged by Figures Direct. I ordered my stuff on 2 October and was sent an email that my order was sent. To this day I have not received anything, however my account was charged. As a result I tried unsuccessfully to contact the owner via email and was given false promises or just completely ignored. Due to failure of this company to delivery, false adverstising on it's website and just an overall complete failure to provide any sort of customer service, I went to following online organizations to file a complaint...

Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC)

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbbonline.org/consumer/

Consumer Protection Agency:

http://www.consumeraction.gov/