Joe Con'06????

nov316

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone tells me LA is a bad spot for a JoeCon, so might I suggest Orange County? Anaheim?

Actually, they ruled out California for future conventions. Not many dealers showed up, and of those that showed up, they couldn't bring a lot of products, especially the vehicles due to high shipping.

There will be no Joe Con this year. If they haven't announced it by now, it ain't happenin. Think, the deadline for major reservations for conventions is closing in. They have to secure a spot within like 6 months.

There will be no Joe Con this year. If they haven't announced it by now, it ain't happenin. Think, the deadline for major reservations for conventions is closing in. They have to secure a spot within like 6 months.

Always with the positive outlook. I really hope you're wrong. Although, this whole waiting around for information is getting old. Makes me wonder if it really was going to be in N.O., or if they just wanted to buy some more time. I know that sounds harsh, but the lack of info has my imagination running wild.

I have to kind of agree with Forcehunter...it looks really dim for the Joecon this upcoming year since New Orleans was trashed by Katrina.

To be honest though,I'd almost sooner go to SDCC than the Joecon.Hasbro shows their products there anyways,and there's much more merchandise there than JUST GI Joe.

So unless it's around the Virginia area,I might just save up and plan a trip to California instead.

I knew the chances of a Joecon in '06 was slim right after Sigma Six was announced before the last one.

I don't believe NO was a legitimate destination either. I'm convinced it's just not happening this year. SDCC would be of no interest for me, and even if it was, it's just too far on the opposite side of the country for me. I don't have a mom and dad to pay my way and I'm dad to too many kids right now myself, to afford such a trip, for toys. ^_^

I think Kansas City Again would Rule!!!!! KC is right in the heart of the country perfect sense if you ask me! there is some other stuff that goes on here people would like, but not so much as people would spend all their money there and not the convention!

you could make it to KC could'nt ya VH? you and the wife can crash in my basement! hey and our wives would get alone there both mean!!!! ;)

TM

you could make it to KC could'nt ya VH? you and the wife can crash in my basement! hey and our wives would get alone there both mean!!!! ;)

@haha@

It's possible!

@loll@ sounds like a good idea but would never work and cost way to much! I'm not willin to pay $1500 pre person I would have no spendin money lol.

Leave tha Wifey at home! @smilepunch@

I hope they did it here in CHICAGO home of the Coils. @firedevil@

Also in KC theres the Toiletmonkey tour O'strip clubs! not to be missed if the con is here!

TM

Dude, with comments like that, you can rest assured you will have a Wowboy at your doorstep if the con is in KC!

Can i go with you!

Also in KC theres the Toiletmonkey tour O'strip clubs! not to be missed if the con is here!

TM

Dude, with comments like that, you can rest assured you will have a Wowboy at your doorstep if the con is in KC!

Not to mention a Joerhyno taking a dump in your toilet ;)

First problem: If the Con is in the middle of any major area, KC or Chicago are the best bets because they appeal to the "sports fan", the "strip club" fan, and the "family man". While I don't understand the waste of money on tail you don't even get, some people like strip clubs. I have no family, so I ain't a family man. Sports fan I am rarely, but both Chicago and KC have baseball teams, so I'd be content. (We were so close to Lew Ford [friend of mine] when we were in MN and they were out of town!)

Personally, if it's gonna be in Missouri, I'd prefer St. Louis, but since downtown KC's got some great concerts once in awhile, KC'll do too. :-P

-Kevin

With time running shorter and shorter, I would not be surprised if the club falls back to a previous location (ie Norfolk, somewhere in TX, etc.) Any place but SFO and Orlando if we are looking at past sites. Orleans still may be in the cards. If they get the place cleaned up, I bet you convention space, hotel rates and flights will be mega cheap. Then again, I only see what is on the news, so I don't know the situation with the hotels and nearby attractions. As long as it is a Marriott.....so I can use my points. :)

Now for those of you who think it will be cancelled outright.....that's just crazy talk. If there is no con, the club will die, simple as that. I would say "Think before you type," but I won't! :D

Doesn't matter where it is; I hope the boxed set improves and wish they'd quit picking some of the worst molds and then charging insane prices. The con exclusives have been steadily going downhill ever since they started (the crimson set was the only decent one, and even that wasn't too spectacular).

Interesting, your the first person I'ves seen post a significantly negative opinion of this years set just about everyone else i've seen rates it as far supperior to the previous two. FWIW why don't you like it?

I don't like it because it is fileld with some of the worst dreadnoks done again and again and again...........

The choice of colors is also less than good.

Now for those of you who think it will be cancelled outright.....that's just crazy talk. If there is no con, the club will die, simple as that. I would say "Think before you type," but I won't!

I would seriously doubt that the club would die because of one con being canned. It might save the club money to not re-locate all their crap for a three day event. The club has its market in the form of its store and exclusives.

And I don't think it is crazy to begin to think this because we have always heard something about location no later than october. Maybe Im wrong, but I just look at the evidence in front of me.