Cannonball = Heavy Duty

gscbr

with the debate going on, instead of simply arguing that the flesh plastic and paint apps only give the appearance of a different head (and not at all if you ask me) I decided to provide comparrisons to show that Cannonball's head is exactly HD's, and not even modified.

face-comp-1.jpg

first and second pics show that the features are identcal, from the nose and lip sculpts down to the wrinkles on the bandana. the heads are the exact same size as well. nothing is different than the paint apps, most noticeably the eyes, which are smaller and beadier on cannonball and make him look more destinctive. there is a reason why eyes are blacked out when protecting identity, as they truly are the main differentiating feature of a person, and as in here, even action figures. in the second pic you can even see the same seam running down cannonballs neck and the lighter HD.

face-comp-2.jpg

third pic show that the back of the headsculpts are identical, from size to bandana details.

face-comp-4.jpg

fourth pic show that the features are identical as well. there is no difference in the lips or brow. in fact, you can see where the eyebrows which are thincker on HD have actually been sculpted on Cannonball but merely painted thinner.

face-comp-3.jpg

and lastly, cannonball darkened, which when done so makes him a spitting image for HD IMO.

cannon.jpg

so, the debate and confusion can be put to rest. exact same mold given a slightly different appearance with only slightly different paint apps. having done several race swaps with customs I can tell you that changing skin tone can really change the look of a face, which is what has happened in this case.

click on the images to get a larger view.

Very convincing "evidence". I originally thought it was a completly different head sculpt but I think you may have just changed my mind! Thanks for the detailed pics!

Someone must be desperate to be RIGHT? @smilepunch@

I agree with Pesatyel and Crimson Twins here...yes, its the same scukpt but to have to go through so much trouble prove it, only supports the fact that Hasbro has done well in making something new out of something old so to speak. I think Cannonball looks cool whether he's a lighter/darker version of an older sculpt with different ops. It's not exactly the same and looks cool.

B.

Someone must be desperate to be RIGHT? @smilepunch@

touche.

as to why the trouble. no trouble at all, and there was some confusion within the community as to whether it was a new head or not, so I felt it was somewhat useful. even yojoe.com had it initially listed as a new sculpt.