So, Should Wolverine Survive This?

Joe Fixit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be no way he can survive that. His body would start healing but no onew bone growth, the injury would just heal over and he would now have no legs.

So, why exactly would he need legs to survive?

I mean if you are talking bone growth to make blood, come on. How does his blood get to his circulatory system through his adamantium skeleton?

Also, he wouldn't need as much blood because, to quote Stone Temple Pilots, he's half the man he used to be.

There should be no way he can survive that. His body would start healing but no onew bone growth, the injury would just heal over and he would now have no legs.

So, why exactly would he need legs to survive?

I mean if you are talking bone growth to make blood, come on. How does his blood get to his circulatory system through his adamantium skeleton?

Also, he wouldn't need as much blood because, to quote Stone Temple Pilots, he's half the man he used to be.

Yes but the hulk riped uhm... OTHER parts right off .... so thats why people are having problems with it lol..

Hmmm I've been thinking about this guys...

Ok.... wolverine lives!

His body heals, or most of it ( I duno would the cold stop it/slow it down at all ? :S the healing that is... in most books the cold does not bug wolvie at all...) Wolverine gets to his legs... uses his own claws to cut open the lower parts of his body...sticks it near his legs, & his body/healing factor takes care of the rest & sorta re-merges/joins up/heals over/with his legs again...

would... that be posable at all? :S

Real world physiology, no. Comic book physiology, yes.

IRL a body would bleed out immediately as well as probable heart failure from the pain. And I'm taking about WITH a healing factor amped to an incredible degree. The fact is, you'd need your lower half to be nearby and reattached and THEN heal up within about 3 seconds in order to survive.

In comics, none of the realities of our world need apply. Anyone can write any character to do anything. Whether the fans buy it is another matter.

EDIT: I forgot I was going to dissect (no pun intended) the idea of Wolverine's skeleton. A while back Marvel explained that "laced" with Adamantium doesn't mean it's coated, or has strips bonded to it, or even that it's completely replaced. Basically, they used some sort of matter/energy conversion (similar to transporters on Star Trek) to MIX the Adamantium with the bone tissue.

Think of it like a latticework of metal inside the walls of his bones (on a molecular level) without changing the structure of his bone or maroow much.

IRL, this would mean that he would be incapable of making many (or any) red blood cells. Obviously in the comics he is still capable of functioning at above the rate of a normal human.

As far as him being able to completely regenerate his body from a single blood cell, this idea is totally ridiculous. A cell would need some sort of sentience or at least programming (NOT just DNA) in order to regrow an entire body (similar to the T-1000 from T2). Even nano-technology has programming that enables it to fulfill a task.

How can a simple blood cell (which itself is created by another part of the body, like the marrow etc.) have the ability to grow other more complex & highly individualized cells such as nerve cells, organs etc.?

If all that was left was his brain, being kept alive through artificial means, then MAYBE...

But a single cell? NO.