So, Should Wolverine Survive This?

Joe Fixit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but now I'm wondering are they going to stick him back together so stuff reconnects, or will there be two Wolverines?

I'm a little bit skeptical that such a gruesome scene will happen within the mini-series. I remember an early Savage Dragon issue that contained a pinup featuring SuperPatriot being decapitated. This may just be a promotional illustration with no real link to the Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk plot.

OmegaHarbinger

Going by the original Universe's explaination that he simply has a accelerated healing factor, no, he shouldn't, but that has be defied several times before when he's regrown arms or the lot, and in the Ultimate Universe when he was burnt to a skeletal crisp, there has to be sometime to regenerate if he's going to, but like Amazingdm said, they'll probably just stitch him together and he'll make a full recovery.

I don't think he'll die but he'd be useless without his legs! mUhahaha.... ... ..

Nope no one can survive that. Looks more like a cover or something. I don't even think that is possible, correct me if i'm wrong because of the adamantium. You can't break through it or rip it away.

Well by looking at where he was torn in two, there would only be a vertebre holding him together. And just because the vertebre are coated with adamantium does not mean that they could not be seperated. I mean the vertebre (and I am aware I am probably spelling that word completly wrong) are not fused together. Other wise how would he be able to move at all? I think it would be possible for hulk to rip him apart like he does in that pic.

amazingdm Posted on Nov 8 2005, 01:06 AM

but now I'm wondering are they going to stick him back together so stuff reconnects, or will there be two Wolverines?

It's an easy way to work in an "evil clone" story arc lol.

Skipperbecks Posted on Nov 8 2005, 06:09 AM

I don't think he'll die but he'd be useless without his legs! mUhahaha.... ... ..

Nah, he could get a wheelchair like Chuck. Not to mention how much easier it would be for Colossus to Fastball Special him.

Oh, and yea of course Wolverine would survive it even though he probably shouldn't, but as per usual his healing factor will fit the situation that they are constructing.

Yeah- with the original concept of his healing factor in the 616 universe, Wolverine wouldn't survive something like that...but nowdays they have it so he could pretty much grow back a whole body from a single cell (I know it's stupid, but that's how they handle it these days)....so I'd imagine his bottom half would just grow back given enough time...whether the legs would grow a new top half is an interesting question, but I don't think that should happen....

Yeah- with the original concept of his healing factor in the 616 universe, Wolverine wouldn't survive something like that...but nowdays they have it so he could pretty much grow back a whole body from a single cell (I know it's stupid, but that's how they handle it these days)....so I'd imagine his bottom half would just grow back given enough time...whether the legs would grow a new top half is an interesting question, but I don't think that should happen....

Yeah but, if his legs did grow back, they wouldn't have the Adamantium bonded to them right? So he'd be pretty vulnerable to attack with only 1/2 the Adamantium.

The other 1/2 might grow back too, so then we'd have an Ultimate "bone" claw Wolvie as well.

Did I ever tell you all...I really hate the Ultimate universe @grumpy@

well yeah, i wonder if anyone remembers marvel knights Punisher in the story arc called confederacy of dunces, where spidey, daredevil, and logan are trying to apprehend the punisher, and wolvie gets his by a rocket that punisher shoots at him, basically his abdominal and pelvic areas were vaporized leaving only the metal skeleton, but it slowly grew back and logan was back in the game again

so he'll prolly see this one through

This is just another reason why I don't bother with the Ultimate Universe. Just give me classic 616 MU & you kids can stick to the uber cool Ultimate Universe where anything goes & they can alter characters origins & turn caucasion characters African American & vice versa. I'm from the old school of thought "if it ain't broke, don't freakin fix it"!

This is just another reason why I don't bother with the Ultimate Universe. Just give me classic 616 MU & you kids can stick to the uber cool Ultimate Universe where anything goes & they can alter characters origins & turn caucasion characters African American & vice versa. I'm from the old school of thought "if it ain't broke, don't freakin fix it"!

But they've broken and fixed regular Wolverine so much that he's barely recognizable... not seeing much difference here.

Sure he can live through that, the only way to kill wolverine is to kill every last cell as far as I'm concered. If his head is still intact it's a sure thing he could heal it.

OL SKOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

well yeah, i wonder if anyone remembers marvel knights Punisher in the story arc called confederacy of dunces, where spidey, daredevil, and logan are trying to apprehend the punisher, and wolvie gets his by a rocket that punisher shoots at him, basically his abdominal and pelvic areas were vaporized leaving only the metal skeleton, but it slowly grew back and logan was back in the game again

so he'll prolly see this one through

But he was ripped in half, man. There is nothing that the healing thingy can grow on. Also, wouldn't that mean that his lower half is normal, if it did grow back? and that he would be crushed by the weight of the adamantium on his top?

Marvel is gonna have a heck of a time explaining this one. Unless this is a "what if" type issue or dream sequence? The 'healing factor" has been made into a joke by Marvel writers these past 5-10 yrs! Considering his 'HF" wasn't potent enough to save him when the Sentinel fried the flesh off his adamantium bones in the classic "Days of future past" storyline by Claremont/Byrne, it seems like Marvel has miraculously hyped up his "HF' to Godly levels of regenerative capabilties in recent yrs just so they have excuses to subject Logan to the most painful injuries imaginable & still survive to fight another day. Frankly, it's gotten old & has made me just roll my eyes everytime I see him getting impaled, lacerated, bludgeoned, electricuted, speared, shot, stabbed, burned & now ripped in half! Marvel has milked this character to death & has him appearing in multiple team books & his own title every month & never explains how this is possible. He's an Avenger which is a joke & was done just to sell the new comic when it came out & was made to look like a punk when Spidewoman impaled him in the neck with his own claws! Man, I miss the old days when he had to dodge gunfire cuz it could hurt him badly like when he threw down with the Hellfire club guards down in the sewers. Marvel needs to de-power Wolvy & make it where he has to rely more on his fighting/martial arts skills more than he does on his claws & healing factor & only use them when he's throwing down with powerhouse villians & not villians like Toad, Pyro or good guys like Spidey & Cap. If he needs his claws to take down Cap, then Logan ain't the fighter everyone says he is.