My Arctic Whale

Crimson Twins

WOW! i think the black and white is just perfect! at first glance i would of said maybe it could use some light gray camo pattern on it but the more i look at the pic's the more i think that less is more here. cant wait to see it totally done!

good work CT!

TM

Thanks all. And Saboteur, yes I use Krylon Fusion. I painted it today, and less than an hour later, I was putting it together.

As for the white being plain, I'm thinking it will look much better after I get some repro stickers applied. I like the black on it, because it makes it easier to swap out parts with my Shad.... oops I've said too much.

I got one cheap a while back, i believe it was the mail in one from the 90s, and it is such an awesome vehicle. I assume you get your repro stickers from the 334th? How are they? my whale doesnt have any at the moment, and i got some great snake stickers from them once.

-saboteur

you know what would be real awesome?

Taking a grey and then masking off the top part you just painted.. and doing like a splatter like paint on the bottom... a tooth brush would work best, do it real heavy on the bottom of the black...um... tube thingie, then then make it lighter towards the top... then take some white, and do the same thing.. only this time.. not as much, I think it'd really bring it to life.. and then maybe take some greys and rust colors and hand brush some weathering on the top white part... kinda like it's been taking a beating out in the arctic :)

keep us posted.

Sweet CT! I really like it, looks great.

Well, this is where I need all of your help. ANYONE out there that has the following items, I would be willing to pay cash or maybe trade something for them. I'd like to buy them on eBay, but they're an arm and a leg and usually include so much other stuff that I got a ton of already. The items I still need are:

1 missle rack with 4 missles

1 end cap for the cannon

1 glass part to the sled

1 bike

all vertical vanes and horizontal vanes

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and duely credited here. I'd love to complete this baby.

How about some pics with snow wolves on it :)

That would be nice, but I've only got 2. And one was turned into a custom. The VvV wave 6 never showed up, or maybe I just missed out. Either way, I don't have the newer ones.

I really thought about doing this as a Cobra vehicle, but changed my mind at the last minute. I got to looking at my vehicles and realized how many Cobra vehicles I have, and how little Joe ones I've got. Plus the Joes need something to go head to head with the Morays I've got.

Looks great! HUGE Whale fan!

I know it may be hard to paint some of the moving peices like the gun turrets and the fan rings/ vanes etc, but it might add a little more "icing". Maybe paint the rest white if except the fan blades if you give up on the white/black trim set up. Looks great otherwise. White/black or even a white/grey trim looks sweet either way..your choice of course. You could even go with a VERY faint sky blue and grey camo or just grey camo scheme, but that's very risky business. I'd definitely leave the hover tube black and fan blades black of course. Hope you get the missing parts. Add some stickers and you're good to go. The Arctic Whale is awesome!

Look forward to seeing it when your done! Good luck!

CT I really like where you have gone with this project!!!!! It looks awesome so far!

Draven

Well, I got you to thank for part of it. If you hadn't helped me out with that one for $3, this project would be no where near completion.

Thanks again. And thanks to all those people who voted for arctic white when I did my poll a while back. I was really set on changing it to all black ( @firedevil@ ), but I'm glad I decided to listen to everyone else and go with the white now.

CT I really like where you have gone with this project!!!!! It looks awesome so far!

Draven

Well, I got you to thank for part of it. If you hadn't helped me out with that one for $3, this project would be no where near completion.

Thanks again. And thanks to all those people who voted for arctic white when I did my poll a while back. I was really set on changing it to all black ( @firedevil@ ), but I'm glad I decided to listen to everyone else and go with the white now.

No problem it was nothing. Just glad to see its turning out so great!

Draven