Agrevane

Should Sigma 6 Have There Own Forum?

Shouls Sigam 6 Have there own forum?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Shouls Sigam 6 Have there own forum?

• Yes?
    • No?

Just because Sigma six is replacing those Moldy Oldies RAH CRAP is no reason to have a separate forum.

I demand they bring back Horse and buggies and penny whitsles. The 3 3/4 joes are outdated. Get over it.

blow me! :rolleyes:

Just remember it was the fans of the 3 3/4 line that gave life to Sigma 6, and not the other way around. It was the fans of the 3 3/4 with there never say die attitude that kept such a great toy alive. It was the 3 3/4 line that Hasbro went to when plastic was too expensive. It was 3 3/4 line that kept many kid happy for years. Thanks to the 3 ¾ fans the 12" line was able to come back after plastic crisis was over. To have some one just say it should die. Is like biting the hand that feeds you. If it were not for the great fans of 3 3/4 you would not even of herd of or even thought of the word sigma 6. :P

Actually , it was the retailers. If the fans had "saved" it would have never gone on "hiatus" or have S6 take over as the main line.

Sales are soft on GIJOE meaning most of those "saviours" of the line have forsaken it.

It was greed, not the fans that killed the 3 3/4 line. The other factor is that many employees that work in Wal-mart cannot tell the def from a Corp Figure or a Joe figure. Now I am really getting crazy with that one. I just cannot see the logic behind it. It would take Spock to figure out the logic behind the reason behind Hasbro putting Joes on hiatus. I love those 3 3/4 guess and hate to see them taken off the shelve.@imissu@

I use to have dreams about Joe before they had there comeback, now I do not see any thing. That really worries me, does it mean we will never see the return of G.I.Joe. I hope not, lord I hope not. :unsure: @imissu@

It was greed, not the fans that killed the 3 3/4 line. The other factor is that many employees that work in Wal-mart cannot tell the def from a Corp Figure or a Joe figure. Now I am really getting crazy with that one. I just cannot see the logic behind it. It would take Spock to figure out the logic behind the reason behind Hasbro putting Joes on hiatus. I love those 3 3/4 guess and hate to see them taken off the shelve.@imissu@

I think it would take a proctologist to figure where you are pulling this "logic" out from.....never mind Mr. Spock

No. For the love of Joe, its all Joe whether some of you can not admit it or not. 12, 3 3/4 or Sigma all goes here and always should.

Draven

Well ask yourselves this:

Are there original trilogy and prequel trilogy seperate Star Wars forums?

Do the various DC toylines each have their own forum (Mattel 6", The Batman, JLU, DC Direct)?

Are there seperate forums for Transformers (G1, Beast Era, Armada-present)?

You don't have to like Sigma Six one bit, but show some simple curtesy to those who do. Those "Suckma Dix should go, brin back RAH!" posts have gotten old after the thousands of them over the past 8 odd months. You hate the line, fine, but we don't need a reminder every other week when someone starts a new Sigma Six thread.

The inevitable whining about EVERYTHING has gotten old.

I just wondering have the 12" and the 3 3/4" fans just said the hell with it. I thought about the same thing until I saw how great wave 3 looks. I hardly ever see the 12" fans whine and cry, just makes me wonder do the care. I'm being a big baby because I have not been able to buy any of line 1-3, and they keep coming out with great stuff, and Sigma 6 get put on a pedestal like its the greatest thing sense the relunch of the 3 3/4 line. @cry@

There's equal animosity towards the new sculpts (in 3 3/4" size) by fans of the classic 80's style of 3 3/4" Joes, and resent it just the same as I resent the look of Sigma Six. I would be willing to bet that many of those that have been hating on new sculpts, have taken to Sigma Six, out of spite and in defiance to them. Not entirely mind you, but in attitude.

If all cannot be as it was in 1985...AGAIN, then "damn the line to hell...make mine MARVEL!" <_< Anybody else remember those rants and charges against new sculpts on here? I do!

@hmmm@ Interesting ain't it?

They seem to prefer an all new, totally discombobulated version of G.I.Joe, resembling the something ELSE, they took up collecting, while boycotting new sculpts, to the continued effort by Hasbro to add something different to the old style of building Joes > "new sculpts"?

If they can't get it like this...

8285snakeyes9fn.png

they'd just as soon get something like this...

sigma6snakeyes4gu.png

and to hell with something like this...

asnakeeyes230nr.png

:blink:???????

Since I first joined up here, there's been division and argument about just WHAT exactly is the "perfect Joe" and over what Hasbro should be doing, as opposed to what they're doing now, with this wave, style, theme, character, bio, weapon selections, articulation, cartoon, comic book, proportions, vehicles, prices, 2-packs, paint apps, case assortments, quality of plastic, etc...etc...etc.... ^_^

I remember how much COMPLAINING took place when Hasbro combined the logo for both the 12" line and the 3 3/4" line, with the excuse that "Walmart demanded it, because they researched it and found that parents were confused on it" :rolleyes: and ARAH 3 3/4" fans despised the unity of the two. Now we're seeing some sort of "ALL JOES ARE EQUAL!" attitude, probably out of those same folks that complained so vehemently about the 12" merger...just to keep Sigma Six in the fold, or as the MAIN focus of G.I.Joe now, with the 3 3/4" line taking a backseat to IT!

The 12" Joes couldn't even share a LOGO before this, now a weirdass, totally FOREIGN looking Joe toy, is getting forced on us to share in the forums.

My how times do change! @haha@

I matters none about what line is better than the other. Because not everyone will be happy 100% of the time. I have been a joe fan for many years and a collector for only 3. And their will always be things people dont like. When it comes to that, I tend to get what I like. As should everyone else. Not just buy something because its a size you want it to be. This whole arguement that seems to crop up in every S6 post is getting really old. They all start the same. pretty civalized. Then quickly turns ugly. This is just insane. I get a good laugh out of it! But it is getting really old.

And as for the question, I voted no. GIJoe is GIJoe. No matter what the size class or series title. Thats like making individual forums for VvV, JvC, RAH, etc.......

The 12" Joes couldn't even share a LOGO before this, now a weirdass, totally FOREIGN looking Joe toy, is getting forced on us to share in the forums.

Noone is forcing anything. We do still have options. Theres DTC, S6, or just collect vintage. #US1#

Noone is forcing anything. We do still have options. Theres DTC, S6, or just collect vintage. #US1#

Did you read my G.I.Joe/Buffet analogy by any chance? :)

A buffet certainly offers a VARIETY of foods for everyones individual and unique tastes, and TNI is already like a huge buffet, for toy fans in general, to find what they like to enjoy right here, in the same place.

However.....even that "buffet" doesn't just GLOB everything together in the same platter and expect everyone to sort out the chicken from the steak and the potatoes from the green beans...it's all nicely separated. That way, even fans of CHICKEN, don't have to be annoyed by having somebody elses fried chicken, stuck to their choice of oven baked chicken, or anothers preference of BBQ chicken.

Since hostilities have arisen from all the different Joes on the platter, some peace seeking suggestions are being sought after. We have those of us who just totally despise everything about Sigma Six, and then that generates those that totally despise our despising of them. We hate them (the toys)..they hate us (the members). :(

Did you read my G.I.Joe/Buffet analogy by any chance? :)

A buffet certainly offers a VARIETY of foods for everyones individual and unique tastes, and TNI is already like a huge buffet, for toy fans in general, to find what they like to enjoy right here, in the same place.

However.....even that "buffet" doesn't just GLOB everything together in the same platter and expect everyone to sort out the chicken from the steak and the potatoes from the green beans...it's all nicely separated. That way, even fans of CHICKEN, don't have to be annoyed by having somebody elses fried chicken, stuck to their choice of oven baked chicken, or anothers preference of BBQ chicken.

Since hostilities have arisen from all the different Joes on the platter, some peace seeking suggestions are being sought after. We have those of us who just totally despise everything about Sigma Six, and then that generates those that totally despise our despising of them. We hate them (the toys)..they hate us (the members). :(

That is about as bad as a Pizza company telling you can only have one topping while all the other topping are on hold. Could you see the customers just leaving with whatever the pizza company told you were available?

I remember in school when teachers where talking about communism how the people in Russia had only one choice when it came to Ice cream, and that was Vanilla. I am not sure if this has any barring on the subject of them being more than just one type of Joe figure. I guess every one has there write say or support what the won't, but we should have the choice to buy what ever Joe type that we won't instead of just one type of Joe that Hasbro thinks we should buy. #US1#

I'm starting to think that Agrevane should change his handle to AgreVATE.....because that seems to be more of what he's doing of late.

Its fine and dandy that he doesn't like the line.

Okay............He doesn't like it. What can he do about it??

Zippo.

Complaining loudly about it will achieve exactly nothing, will alienate him from other collectors here that are enjoying a happy healthy mix and it'll likely end up in some kind of moderator action.

Despite the very polite reminders from others that he could focus on what he LIKES--he's choosing to remain ( despite additionally kind warning nudging from those who agree with him) focused on what he doesn't like.

The message has been made clear.............its understood.

Isn't what get's said from this point on just more provocation and thus falls into the realm of trolling?

I think Draven said it best....it might be time to just shut up.

I think Draven said it best....it might be time to just shut up.

Just playing devils advocate here...

wouldn't it be the fans of Sigma Six who just need to "shut up" in the forum that's been a home to the fans of 3 3/4" G.I.Joe since it's grand opening on the internet?

Yeah..yeah, we'll read all about how it's subtitle is "for talk about 3 3/4" and 12" G.I.Joe", but like WHO in their right mind would seriously argue that this forum has ever laid out the welcome mat for the fans of 12" Joe? @haha@ If anything, 12" has typically been snubbed and CORPS, Chap Mei, 21st Century or BBI 3 3/4" action figures have been discussed more often and welcomed as part of the forum, MORESO over any 12" chatter, and why is that....? Because it's the size and compatibilty of those lines WITH 3 3/4" Joes, which is want some of us are trying to get across, that has been the mainstay of this forum.

Sigma Six isn't compatible with anything, and definitely not our 3 3/4" toys. We can argue the merits of it's being called G.I.Joe (bastard child of Hasbro and some other action figure whore toyline more likely) but htere's no disputing it being foreign to anything that's been the main focus of discussion in these parts.

Sigma Six is the foreigner here and wanting everybody here that speaks ARAH to learn how to speak Sigma Six, so that they can feel all warm and cozy in 3 3/4" land. If that act of bending over and grabbing ones ankles isn't as eagerly desired by some, I don't think it's the place of those that DO, to tell anyone who doesn't, to stifle themselves.

For some I guess...all this Sigma Six pollution on the good ol' Joe boards, is too much to bare and works like salt on a wound. Wounds caused by Hasbro's piss poor management of their G.I.Joe property, or at least by those in management position who felt it necessary to move out EVERYTHING G.I.Joe has ever been before, to make room for nothing but Sigma Six at retail. Not the best way for Sigma Six to make friends with 3 3/4" or 12" Joe fans.

I don't think there's a single solitary G.I.Joe item I possess, that somebody else hasn't stated they think "SUX!" so I'm surprised by the extra sensitivity that is going around with saying the same about Sigma Six.

Okay...I've done my devils advocate bit, now back to being my usual @littleangel@

I'm starting to think that Agrevane should change his handle to AgreVATE.....because that seems to be more of what he's doing of late.

Where do you think I came up with the name Agrevane? All I did was drop the extra g replace the T with an N and "bam" there you have "Agrevane...." not Aggrevate. I also realized that I missed spelled aggravate and decided to just leave it alone.

Where do you think I came up with the name Agrevane? All I did was drop the extra g replace the T with an N and "bam" there you have "Agrevane...." not Aggrevate. I also realized that I missed spelled aggravate and decided to just leave it alone.

So your whole point and purpose here is to provoke and troll?

You might want to rethink that.

yep, I don't want the Joe board to turn into a board of angry trolls. So, that is why a Sigma 6 sub-board would be suitable.

yep, I don't want the Joe board to turn into a board of angry trolls. So, that is why a Sigma 6 sub-board would be suitable.

Well, the solution is pretty simple folks:

Self-control.

Y'know.........the old idea that if you don't like the subject matter of a thread then don't post in it?

The forum is a catch-all for all military figures-- GIJOE being the most prominent of that, and the 3 3/4" scale being the most commonly discussed.

If the nay-sayers and yea-sayers exert a modicum of self-control then no-one has to be "aggravated" about anything.

I could care less about the comics-packs.....does that mean I should have the right to say they don't belong, or should have their own forum?? C'mon..............its called common sense.............use it, people.

Actually, I've about decided that I'm gonna have to just ignore the bad stuff, as hard as that is sometimes, unless I'm just addressed personally.

I could care less about the comics-packs.....does that mean I should have the right to say they don't belong, or should have their own forum?? C'mon..............its called common sense.............use it, people.

@haha@ Well...you know you're making valid points and they make good sense, but the difference between Sigma Six and ARAH 3 3/4" Joe, is far greater, than it is between comic pack 3 3/4" Joes and the other...3 3/4" Joes. If it were, we would of had these debates over opening up another forum for just classic ARAH molds, apart from the new sculpt molds, before, but there never was such a request. Common sense was apparently in play?

We could get even sillier and say that there should have been a separate forum for Spytroops from Valor verse Venom, as nobody could agree on which "theme" was the better....but that's stretching it out to the very fringes, for the point.

So your whole point and purpose here is to provoke and troll?

You might want to rethink that.

The whole purpose of creating the name was creating a screen name that was not common. Have you ever went to a web site and asked you to create an account, when you do, you find out that there was about hundred people with same name so you get aggravated about the whole thing having to come up with something that is not common. The other reason I came up with name was for a RPG campaign that my DM would approve and I came up with the name Cyrus Agrevane. He had no prob with it. The other name I had come up with was Tempered Steal that seem cheese to him.

Actually, I've about decided that I'm gonna have to just ignore the bad stuff, as hard as that is sometimes, unless I'm just addressed personally.

I made that decision weeks ago too......... but I still get sucked in once in a while as you see. @loll@

Draven

Only if there is a separate forum for 1964 12inch, 12" eagle eye Joes, The 12" Adverture Team, Super Joe, The 5"or 6" He-Man looking Joes(forgot what they were call), a RAH forum, GI Joe Extreme, Action Man, Sgt.Savage, BTR joes, 12" Classic Collection, Hall of Fame and a JVC forum.

In GIJOE on-line collecting circles, the moniker of "cat head" holds a special meaning.

You of the Sandbox?

Sorry, I am not Cathead but I have posted at the Sandbox. If anything I guess my handle is a tribute to that Cathead.

Only if there is a separate forum for 1964 12inch, 12" eagle eye Joes, The 12" Adverture Team, Super Joe, The 5"or 6" He-Man looking Joes(forgot what they were call), a RAH forum, GI Joe Extreme, Action Man, Sgt.Savage, BTR joes, 12" Classic Collection, Hall of Fame and a JVC forum.

In GIJOE on-line collecting circles, the moniker of "cat head" holds a special meaning.

You of the Sandbox?

Sorry, I am not Cathead but I have posted at the Sandbox. If anything I guess my handle is a tribute to that Cathead.

Then you likely understand the signifigance of the rich brown stain?

Nice to see another 'Boxer migrate here.

I have just one thing to add...

Sigma SUX @lol@

Okay, let me make things straight, I am tired of the whiny fanboys having to say "OH LOOK, I HATE SIGMA 6!!" or "SIGMA SUX" We do not need craploads of posts saying these things. OK, we get that you hate Sigma 6, no need to cram it down our throats. I am losing my damn patience, so please,

WE GET IT ALREADY!

*breathes* Thank You.