Sota's Sf Toyline Update..

fceeviper

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow man, thanks for the heads up. (really, thanks)

The Sagat/Ryu 2 pack is kind of a downer, I already have two Ryu figures and I really dont want another. But I guess this will be the only way to get a Sagat, hope the 2 pack price isnt too much.

Didn't wanna add different joints to Ryu and Ken to allow the Hadouken cause it would mess up the look? HAHA, no wonder MLs are still better.

Its not a true Ryu/Ken/Akuma unless they can do the Hadouken SOTA, sheesh.

Guess SF will never be the greatest 6 inch line long as the thinking is like that.

Guess SF will never be the greatest 6 inch line long as the thinking is like that.

I guess that's one point of view, though I'm sure it could be argued Sota’s Street Fighter line is the best Street Fighter action figure line ever. Also as much as I love Marvel Legends, it should be pointed out that all those joints that the Marvel Legends figure have often hurt the molds.

The Sagat/Ryu 2 pack is kind of a downer, I already have two Ryu figures and I really dont want another. But I guess this will be the only way to get a Sagat, hope the 2 pack price isnt too much.

l think it is for those who miss Sagat and Ryu in the first place since i recall ppl wantin them to reissue them

Didn't wanna add different joints to Ryu and Ken to allow the Hadouken cause it would mess up the look? HAHA, no wonder MLs are still better.

Your opinion and I have to say I honestly completely disagee with it. I collect both SOTA's SF figures and ML and I prefer my SF figures far more. In my eyes the SF line has the perfect amount of articulation, while ML is overly articulated ruining the look of some of the sculpts.

For the record I don't think either is the "perfect" 6 inch line, they both have their flaws. Nor do I ever think there will be a perfect toyline.

The Sagat/Ryu 2 pack is kind of a downer, I already have two Ryu figures and I really dont want another.  But I guess this will be the only way to get a Sagat, hope the 2 pack price isnt too much.

l think it is for those who miss Sagat and Ryu in the first place since i recall ppl wantin them to reissue them

Yeah I get that, but what about the people who just missed Sagat (like me) or just missed Ryu. It's kinda a downer to have to get the same figure you already have, twice if you count Evil Ryu.

The Sagat/Ryu 2 pack is kind of a downer, I already have two Ryu figures and I really dont want another.  But I guess this will be the only way to get a Sagat, hope the 2 pack price isnt too much.

Yeah I get that, but what about the people who just missed Sagat (like me) or just missed Ryu. It's kinda a downer to have to get the same figure you already have, twice if you count Evil Ryu.

Also, the figures could be altered where it is street fighter one Ryu doing a shoryuken on sf1/2 Sagat. So it might not be the exact the toy

Hey, I only need Ryu. I think they will be somewhat different from the originals. But if you don't care about that, I will split the price with you. Whoever sees it first could buy it, and the other can pay back. If not, I don't mind getting an extra Sagat. I'm sure the 2 pack will be cheaper than the price of a Ryu.

ML figs have too much articulation/joints in my opinion. Too much joints just make the figure look silly. That's why I hated ML in the first place.

But SF seems to have just the right amount of articulation.

Well i'm different i guess, i think ML's look better and more like the characters they represent then the SF figs also, and most the time they have the perfect amount of articulation, Bullseye for example has the PERFECT amount of it*well i can go with out all finger artic all of the time but you get the idea* SF has come close, Vega is near perfect cept for the no caff swivles and he could have used a ML style neck and the extra shoulder joints that Bullseye has.

SF just won't reach perfect til it hits more ML points of artic and looks more like the characters.

Well i'm different i guess, i think ML's look better and more like the characters they represent then the SF figs also, and most the time they have the perfect amount of articulation, Bullseye for example has the PERFECT amount of it*well i can go with out all finger artic all of the time but you get the idea* SF has come close, Vega is near perfect cept for the no caff swivles and he could have used a ML style neck and the extra shoulder joints that Bullseye has.

SF just won't reach perfect til it hits more ML points of artic and looks more like the characters.

I disagree with you, like soo much. @smilepunch@

ML figs have too much articulation/joints in my opinion. Too much joints just make the figure look silly. That's why I hated ML in the first place.

But SF seems to have just the right amount of articulation.

Ditto.

I prefer sculpt over articulation.

JOhnny

I prefer saving the both.

But ofcoz if u have a really superb sculpt figure for example the hush Batman from DCD, u wouldnt really mind the limited articulation.

For SOTA's SF line. I still think they have the right amount of articulation.

It was pity that Ken and Ryu werent able to pull off a straight hand Hadoken but it is hard to make a figure to do so unless it's chest is make with soft rubber like the wrestling figs.