Hi-res Pics Of All Of Dtc Wave 3

JayC

I'm liking these a lot more with better pics.  Monkey Wrench is outstanding. So glad he doesn't have a Burnout head.  Med-Alert is great too.  Oddly enough, I don't hate Cobra Trooper now, but I'll reserve my judgement till I see him in person.  Grand Slam was pretty close to being great, but the puke mustache almost ruins him.  The rest are still kinda dull.

My only real problem with the Monkey Wrench head is he looks kinda dorky with the sunglasses where they are. As I mentioned before painting Leatherneck's glasses silver would have worked better (plus everyone likes those little unexpected accessories).

So you are calling me a dork then, since I have long hair, look kinda biker and wear my sunglasses like that all the time? @smilepunch@

Draven

Well, if you have a penchant for loud noises and love explosives (as well as grape soda and chocolate donuts)...

@smilepunch@

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking these a lot more with better pics.  Monkey Wrench is outstanding. So glad he doesn't have a Burnout head.  Med-Alert is great too.  Oddly enough, I don't hate Cobra Trooper now, but I'll reserve my judgement till I see him in person.  Grand Slam was pretty close to being great, but the puke mustache almost ruins him.  The rest are still kinda dull.

My only real problem with the Monkey Wrench head is he looks kinda dorky with the sunglasses where they are. As I mentioned before painting Leatherneck's glasses silver would have worked better (plus everyone likes those little unexpected accessories).

So you are calling me a dork then, since I have long hair, look kinda biker and wear my sunglasses like that all the time? @smilepunch@

Draven

Hey, be glad you have hair. I found some training log at work with pic of my backside. I could not believe how much hair; I did not have in the back. I thought asking them to remove the pic and replace with someone with hair.

As for that Dork commit, you said it not me. @loll@

Ah, thanks. I did not know that.

I still think it would been better had Croc Master been the original.

seems kind of arbitrary. the figure sculpt is a great update of the "character." I don't know how the filecard saying it is a different person would affect the way you consider the figure. it is extremely easy to play with that figure as the "original" croc master without any stretch of the imagination.

it's not like they named the wave 7 Gung Ho figure Croc Master and justified it as a new person in the role. besides, it is reasonable that the Croc Master character can be numerous individuals, as the character serves more of a role, that is to train Cobra Crocs, than having to be dependent on being a specific individual. Croc Master was just one, or even the first or best one.

one croc master gets chomped by his gators, you don't give up the program, you just train another.

Grand Slam was just a repaint of Flash, right? If you want to call him Flash, call him Flash. I plan to. And I'm calling Monkeywrench 'Buzzer', too. These are some really sweet looking figures. Lowlight looks great and so does the Medic. That Saw-Viper is almost great for troop building regular Cobra soldiers but the helmet is kind of funky.

Grand Slam was just a repaint of Flash, right? If you want to call him Flash, call him Flash.

not quite. Grand Slam was just Flash's body, not even repainted until the silver pads, with Grunts head.

Draven

Well, if you have a penchant for loud noises and love explosives (as well as grape soda and chocolate donuts)...

@smilepunch@

Darn I am caught! @hmmm@

@loll@

Draven

Draven

Hey, be glad you have hair. I found some training log at work with pic of my backside. I could not believe how much hair; I did not have in the back. I thought asking them to remove the pic and replace with someone with hair.

As for that Dork commit, you said it not me. @loll@

@loll@

Well maybe if you did not hate so much you would not have lost that hair! @smilepunch@

Draven

Does not matter, Hasbro has said the dead character rule is gone. Flash, Doc, Quick Kick are all game now. If the line lasts long enough I expect QK and Flash for sure.

Draven

Really? When?

I think we were all waiting for "official" confirmation with Croc Master, but instead we got some lame wannabe character.

It was mentioned at the last Con.

Draven

Ah, thanks. I did not know that.

Yeah to bad to the rule did not change before wave 7.

Draven

Well maybe if you did not hate so much you would not have lost that hair! @smilepunch@

Draven

It is Ok to Hate the Toy just not Ok to Hate the people that hate it or like it. I also would like to apologies to Jay C.

Jay C I am sorry dude “sorry“.

Ah, thanks.  I did not know that.

seems kind of arbitrary. the figure sculpt is a great update of the "character." I don't know how the filecard saying it is a different person would affect the way you consider the figure. it is extremely easy to play with that figure as the "original" croc master without any stretch of the imagination.

it's not like they named the wave 7 Gung Ho figure Croc Master and justified it as a new person in the role. besides, it is reasonable that the Croc Master character can be numerous individuals, as the character serves more of a role, that is to train Cobra Crocs, than having to be dependent on being a specific individual. Croc Master was just one, or even the first or best one.

one croc master gets chomped by his gators, you don't give up the program, you just train another.

Actually, being that I'm trying to make use of EVERY figure (which is a pain in the ass with 20 Snake Eyes), I'm using the new Croc Master as a guy named Gator who is the original's partner.

There isn't really any "need" to have it be the same guy (given that if they had dropped the rule sooner it probably would have been). I can call Cobra Commander Dr. Bob if I want to.

But I like the backstory and the development they put into each individual character (even, to an extent, the dorky characters like Raptor). They put a lot of time and effort into 500 characters (even if a lot of them are the same character, there is quite a bit of difference in the development of some of them, based on filecards). That is what makes G.I. Joe what it is. Otherwise it would be Corps.

And, as far as Croc Master is concerned, I always thought it was HIS idea to include crocs on Cobra Island. Like he went to Cobra and pitched it as opposed to Cobra asking him to do it.

Grand Slam was just a repaint of Flash, right? If you want to call him Flash, call him Flash.

not quite. Grand Slam was just Flash's body, not even repainted until the silver pads, with Grunts head.

Grand Slam V1 and Flash actually are painted a little differently. Flash has brown gloves and boots. Grand Slam has black gloves and boots. This new DTC Grand Slam is a nod to the original except for the goofy beard.

Wow... Some of you guys have some serious hang ups... First of let me just say that the majority of the filecards written since 2000 and even shortly before then are just complete and total crap... Who really cares if there is some blurb on a half *ssed file card that says its a 'replacement' Croc Master? For that matter Comic Pack General Flagg, claims to be "The Son of General Flagg"

We all know who they are REALLY meant to be? So what difference does that make?

Phanstar

Oh and another thing im not getting... "This figure looks more like Flash than Grand Slam to me" Ok this is a quote I'm having a hard time understanding too. First off, Flash and Grandslam have basically only had one real figure each (not counting astronaut flash)... both are the exact same figure, one with Grunts head, and the other with hawks head. So are you guys comparing this new sculpt head to the 82 grunt/hawk head to make the determination that it looks more like flash? Or are you basing it on comic appearances?? Well in that case at least in the earliest issues of Marvel half the time when they said Flash or Grand Slam it was in error, I can even think of one issue where a character sent on a mission starts as Grand Slam then magically becomes Flash.... So I find this point of view very puzzling... If they say its Grand Slam, its Grand Slam... If I want it to be Flash, then I'll call him Flash... personally for me, Im stoked about a new Grand Slam figure... I do wish he came with a jet pack, and they would wash his face though.

Phanstar