Bigger Cobra Trooper Pic

LT. Quintero

I actually like him a lot. I don't understand why people are dissatisfied with him. I mean, it's a different take on the character, but different is good, right? I don't want the same trooper style over and over again.

no, different is not good in and of itself. different can be both good or bad depending on the results, and IMO this is different...so/so. doesn't look as abysmal as the first pic, but I am not completely sold either. how the rest of the wave looks up close will decide whether I buy the wave or not as a whole. I just don't see myself picking up a figure or two online with the processing and shipping fees AND taxes I get hit for in CA.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but even with a closer look this guy still does nothing for me. The chest used for this figure is all wrong, the shade of blue used is too light, and the helmet looks way too oversized. Hasbro would have done better simply molding a helmet onto the head.

They got close with this one, but missed the bullseye.

I agree with you on the color thing. It is way way to bright....Hasbro has heard this but refuses to correct it though. As for the chest....I agree but diasgree. I see them without armor, but then again slight armor would be nice to see. I would have liked to see them with maybe WideSpots torso or something. Better yet....the way DD drew the Cobra Trooper when DD first came out. I would love a mold like that.

Something else I just thought...they could do a Cobra Night force six pack with this as well. Make the uniforms gray, take two of the soldiers, rework Ghostbears head to fit a helmet and boom, cobra trooper with night vision goggles.

Sorry but even with a closer look this guy still does nothing for me. The chest used for this figure is all wrong, the shade of blue used is too light, and the helmet looks way too oversized. Hasbro would have done better simply molding a helmet onto the head.

I agree with you on the color thing. It is way way to bright....Hasbro has heard this but refuses to correct it though. As for the chest....I agree but diasgree. I see them without armor, but then again slight armor would be nice to see. I would have liked to see them with maybe WideSpots torso or something. Better yet....the way DD drew the Cobra Trooper when DD first came out. I would love a mold like that.

I don't mind the "non-armor" look. Some of us use the Blueshirts as base personnel versions of Vipers. All that armor and equipment the Vipers carry is heavy and not always necessary for being in the barracks.

I don't mind the "non-armor" look. Some of us use the Blueshirts as base personnel versions of Vipers. All that armor and equipment the Vipers carry is heavy and not always necessary for being in the barracks.

and I get your point..these are supposed to be basic soldiers, so it doesnt really bug me.....the color shoud be darker though ;)

Awesome pic!! WOw.. i am really impressed. I tell you what, I don't care what anyone says... lol.. this new blueshirt is really starting to grow on me. :) I now know that I am going to army build this puppy for sure. The ONLY thing I don't like is the red pads on the boots (don't mind them on the wrists).. but those will be the easiest things in the world to put a coat of black paint over & a little clear coat.

I think Hasbro might have a quite big-time seller with this thing!

I like him now that I've seen him out of the package. I will buy one. This will be the first DTC wave where I've liked all the figures enough to buy each one.

I've chosen to NOT remain silent until we see different or better pics, or best yet...have one in hand, and post an opinion based solely on what we've seen thus far of this figure, and of course that would be the packaged version and now the loose one. Hopefully that's kosher with everyone, since it's all we have to judge it by, and I like chatting about stuff like this, even in it's early preview stages.

I know, I know... as unorthodox as that is, I still want to talk about what I think of it right NOW and not later, and state an early opinion of it.

It's okay, not great, don't like the Ghost Bear body all that well and the helmet isn't a very good fit and looks stupid!

That's all I gots tuh say bout'dat! @haha@

Not exactly what I would've made, but that pic makes it look much, much better. I actually like Ghost Bear a great deal, so I kinda wanted the body to remain his only, but what can ya do. I'll probably build up 6 or so, maybe 10. They'll look great with my HISS III.

:o HISS drivers!! There ya go...perfect figures for it!