Whats Happening In The Reg G I Joe Comics?

mynameisash

It seems like the smaller comic publishers have to constantly keep the hype up to bring in the sales. With revamps, a new #1 issues causes alot of buzz and adds sales from a potential curious new reader.

Maybe the 3 3/4 line going to direct sales and the big push of sigma 6 caused Devils Due to rethink their comic line. Just some speculation.

decreasing sales on the GI Joe title prompted DDP to re-launch the book with a new creative team and "America's Elite" tag. Unfortunately, this new title does not appear to be selling any better than the last.

I used to buy every issue, but when they revamped.......I dont know whats going on....why the revamp?

I believe Lady Jay was killed off recently.

Sal

That was before the revamp.

SPOILERS for America's Elite:

- The new book takes place one year after the end of Devil's Due Vol. 1

- The Joe team has been decommissioned, but then secretly reinstated as a super-secret paramilitary government program. (this is basically a repeat of the end of the Marvel series and the beginning of the DD series simplified and done right).

- The Joe team is smaller than ever, consisting of Duke, Snake-Eyes, Scarlett, Stalker, Roadblock, Shipwreck, Flint, and Storm Shadow.

- Because Hawk was crippled in the last series, General Joe Colton (the original G.I.Joe from 1964) is heading the team.

- The first enemy in this book, Vance Wingfield who first appeared in 1982's Marvel G..Joe #4, is being funded by Destro and raining terror and destruction on America. (Vance's son, Tyler, was the main antagonist in Brandon Jerwa's first arc, Frontline's "History Repeating")

- The Baroness, seemingly killed in the last series, barely escaped in the Raven's jet drone, and has been revealed as a Joe prisoner, locked in the lowest levels of The Rock (G.I.Joe's new secret underground base in Arizona). Her "death" seems to be what's motivating Destro, who now lives on a submarine ala Austin Powers Goldmember with Alexander and Wraith (who either set-up the Baroness to die in the Cobra Raven, or was left behind when Cobra Commander suddenly took control of the jet and destroyed it).

- As of Issue #5, G.I.Joe has stopped Vance Wingfied's One-Man Strike FIrst operation, but they've traced the sorce of his weapons to Destro, who's had Scarlett prisoner since Issue #1, and also seems to have embraced BAT technology with open arms).

- Issue #5 also had a backup story where Storm Shadow and Stalker take on Zartan and the Dreadnoks in Florida, as Zartan has been off American soil and hiding in Canada since the end of the last series.