Anyone Else In A Toy Slump?

TheMightyDitcka

I sure am. It seems everything I collect doesnt have a new wave coming out for awhile.... Im all caught up on Marvel Legends, Gi Joes went Sigma 6, the new street fighter set definately wont come out soon for me, since series 3 just came out.....Lord of the Rings figs are basically done with.... Man! What im gonna ask for, for Christmas? Socks!?

Same here. Im pretty much up to date as well. But kinda enjoying it... .. . Can use the money on something else!

same here the only thing I'm looking forward to getting is Bt Skids, Alt Mirage, Alt Prime and thats about it....every thing else seems to be dormant

I'm never in a toy slump. My collecting habits cover a large variety of action figures, mostly from the 80s' and 90s', so theres never a lack of something else to go after. :-)

Sal

Nope, nothing new out perse, but I am really far behind, and the comics are killing my funds. I have been waiting for some more ML for awhile.

I'm never in a toy slump. My collecting habits cover a large variety of action figures, mostly from the 80s' and 90s', so theres never a lack of something else to go after. :-)

Sal

I seldom consider myself in a slump, and I have less varied tastes now then I used to.

I used to buy something every week, but now its more like every month and that's manageable.

The toy hobby can be addictive in the truest sense and addictions of any kind are not healthy. Moderation is really smart and its less devastating to the pocketbook. One need only pay attention to the one or two folks a month that post "must sell/need cash" threads to realize that spending too much on toys can really hit when hard times happen.

And folks, please heed a lesson from my own experience--I went bankrupt in part due to to extravagant spending on my toy hobby. Don't go overboard so that you can enjoy it for a good long time to come

Sal

I seldom consider myself in a slump, and I have less varied tastes now then I used to.

I used to buy something every week, but now its more like every month and that's manageable.

The toy hobby can be addictive in the truest sense and addictions of any kind are not healthy. Moderation is really smart and its less devastating to the pocketbook. One need only pay attention to the one or two folks a month that post "must sell/need cash" threads to realize that spending too much on toys can really hit when hard times happen.

And folks, please heed a lesson from my own experience--I went bankrupt in part due to to extravagant spending on my toy hobby. Don't go overboard so that you can enjoy it for a good long time to come

You make some valid points arrow, and i'm extremely curious to know what major toy purchases pushed you into bankruptcy. Care to elaborate? The funny thing is, i actually switched over from collecting older, more expensive comics to collecting toys from my youth primarily because it was cheaper, believe it or not. Collecting every action figure from about a dozen or so older lines, plus vehicles and playsets, in MOC, works out to about half the cost of a whole series of low-grade DC j.l.a. comics.

Sal

You make some valid points arrow, and i'm extremely curious to know what major toy purchases pushed you into bankruptcy. Care to elaborate? The funny thing is, i actually switched over from collecting older, more expensive comics to collecting toys from my youth primarily because it was cheaper, believe it or not. Collecting every action figure from about a dozen or so older lines, plus vehicles and playsets, in MOC, works out to about half the cost of a whole series of low-grade DC j.l.a. comics.

Sal

I was a 12" Military figure collector.

At $75 -$100 a pop, and about 450 figures in my collection ( for over 20 years), plus vehicles and accessory sets................well do the math.......

I purchase these days about 1/10th of what I was buying before.

The toy buying was a contributing factor, but not the only one. If you add unstable work, a lifestyle change and a lack of common sense..............well , a body takes some bumps when that happens.

I'm playing catch-up so I'm not in a slump - I do admit that I buy less toys and am selective about which lines to collect...

Besides, for me - there's always vintage sealed stuff to collect

I guess things have gotten a bit slow here too. New Cybertron figures have been kinda slowly popping out and I'm pretty much caught up on everything that I need.

What I hate is that there have been several, I'd have to say unconfirmed reports of Evac being out which really drives me nuts because I'll be looking for him like mad when in all likelyhood 99.9% of the stores haven't had him in yet. @hmmm@