Who Has Picked Up Sideswipe From Kb Toys?

MEGATRON291

Visited various KB stores and outlets here but no luck so far.

However, I did manage to score some nice Spawn Regenerated figures and McFarlane NFL Sportspicks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I checked the one place I thought would still have a KB, the last KB that was still open around here. It was in a local mall, and now it's gone too, just like all the other KBs around here. Crap!! I won't get paid for a couple more weeks, but if someone could grab one for me I'd really appreciate it. (sob)

UPDATE: Hold that thought, 'cause Insane Galvatron was gonna get me one if I couldn't find one; I almost forgot. I'll let you guys know...

Well, I checked the one place I thought would still have a KB, the last KB that was still open around here. It was in a local mall, and now it's gone too, just like all the other KBs around here. Crap!! I won't get paid for a couple more weeks, but if someone could grab one for me I'd really appreciate it. (sob)

UPDATE: Hold that thought, 'cause Insane Galvatron was gonna get me one if I couldn't find one; I almost forgot. I'll let you guys know...

I've got an extra one in hand, if you want it. Just let me know via PM.

I bought 6 for this:

I told 3 people on another board that I would get one for them... that's 3, then I bought 2 for me... on to open, one to keep misb, then I bought one to throw on ebay and I started it out at cost... I sold the 2 at cost as well (one guy gave me an extra $5 just cause I got it for him so cheap)... SO DON'T FREAKIN CALL ME A SCALPER, I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU FANS OUT!

sheesh... next time I won't help the fellow Tfans out...

well, when your goal in reselling is to make a profit you are scalping IMO and others. you claim you aren't going to drop $10 bucks in gas to buy other people toys but you spent that money to get yourself the toy too, so you sepnt that gas and time so you could get it yourself.

if you didn't buy any extra you still would have paid for gas, so you were going to buy gas anyways. then you want an extra $9 ($25 + shipping) as you asked initially, so one person is now paying for nearly the whole take of gas essentially, yet at $20 per shot, which you said you offered to others, you are still making $4 profit for each on, so that extra cost isn't in fact paying for gas it is profit for you.

you didn't buy gas and spend time to go to KB for other people, you did it so you could get the toy yourself and then figured you could also profit off the trip as well. guess what that makes you...

coughscalpercough!

if you just left them at the store so other could go and get them at cost you wouln't be needed. unless you can explain how buying 4 more sideswipes cost you extra time and money on gas when you spent the time money and gas to go there for yourself and buy the two for yourself, your actions fit the actions of scalping, even if you ar emerely scalping to people you know and they themselves don't mind.

obviously you and others are no understanding 100%.

I bought 6. 2 for me and I bought 3 for people that had already said "pick me up one" and I snagged one to throw on ebay starting at cost.

I sold 2 to the people that wanted one from me and 1 person backed out. So I had 1.

I always add $2 to items I buy and sell at cost for the paypal fees. I do not intend on loosing money just so other fans can have a toy.

and if more than 1 person had said "yea i'ld like one too" then the gas price would have been split. but noone asked me to pick one up... I don't blame them... I wouldn't pay $10 extra for someone to pick one up... but If I wanted something from someone bad enough, I would pay for their gas... no reason for someone to loose money just to help ME out.

so pretty much STFU since you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Doesn't matter anymore who is a scalper is who is not.. we all happy :)

Oh, & look at KBtoys.com for a store locator before ya hit the streets! ;)

I bought 6. 2 for me and I bought 3 for people that had already said "pick me up one" and I snagged one to throw on ebay starting at cost.

I sold 2 to the people that wanted one from me and 1 person backed out. So I had 1.

I always add $2 to items I buy and sell at cost for the paypal fees.  I do not intend on loosing money just so other fans can have a toy.

and if more than 1 person had said "yea i'ld like one too"  then the gas price would have been split. but noone asked me to pick one up... I don't blame them... I wouldn't pay $10 extra for someone to pick one up... but If I wanted something from someone bad enough, I would pay for their gas... no reason for someone to loose money just to help ME out.

oh how quick you forget what you say.

Well, the KB toys is about an hour away, give or take... I'm not gonna use $10 in gas just to buy you a toy.

that's a direct quote.

you weren't spending ten dollars to get him a toy, especially since you already bought it. fact is, you spent ten dollars on gas to get yourself a toy.

if no one else wanted the toy, are you saying you wouldn't have spent the ten dollars on gas to just get it for yourself? no, you would have gone anyway. there is a difference between chipping in and you devising a way to fill up your tank for free when you will also be benefitting from teh trip by getting the toy yourself. if everyone is chipping in, how much of the gas did you pay for. more importantly, the one you put on ebay was up to $30, so the difference in price already covered your gas, so why the need the charge more for gas that is already paid for? other than your interest is in profiting, not breaking even on gas, which you should pay for too.

so I'd recommend you pay more attention to what you say because you don't seem to understand what you are saying, because your actions and your words contradict.

I don't mind a scalper. what I do mind is one who wants to pretend he isn't.

if someone asks you to go out of your way to get them something in which you wouldn't have gone otherwise, charging gas is completely acceptable. if you are going anyway, thus you need the gas for yourself, so charging it is then nothing more than praying on someone's position of inability to get it without your help. what's next, charging them for a percentage of your auto insurance because you wouldn't have been able to drive to buy it without insurance. or how about charging for an oil change or other maintenance?

I always add $2 to items I buy and sell at cost for the paypal fees.  I do not intend on loosing money just so other fans can have a toy.

and if more than 1 person had said "yea i'ld like one too"  then the gas price would have been split. but noone asked me to pick one up... I don't blame them... I wouldn't pay $10 extra for someone to pick one up... but If I wanted something from someone bad enough, I would pay for their gas... no reason for someone to loose money just to help ME out.

Well, the KB toys is about an hour away, give or take... I'm not gonna use $10 in gas just to buy you a toy.

that's a direct quote.

you weren't spending ten dollars to get him a toy, especially since you already bought it. fact is, you spent ten dollars on gas to get yourself a toy.

if no one else wanted the toy, are you saying you wouldn't have spent the ten dollars on gas to just get it for yourself? no, you would have gone anyway. there is a difference between chipping in and you devising a way to fill up your tank for free when you will also be benefitting from teh trip by getting the toy yourself. if everyone is chipping in, how much of the gas did you pay for. more importantly, the one you put on ebay was up to $30, so the difference in price already covered your gas, so why the need the charge more for gas that is already paid for? other than your interest is in profiting, not breaking even on gas, which you should pay for too.

so I'd recommend you pay more attention to what you say because you don't seem to understand what you are saying, because your actions and your words contradict.

if someone asks you to go out of your way to get them something in which you wouldn't have gone otherwise, charging gas is completely acceptable. if you are going anyway, thus you need the gas for yourself, so charging it is then nothing more than praying on someone's position of inability to get it without your help. what's next, charging them for a percentage of your auto insurance because you wouldn't have been able to drive to buy it without insurance. or how about charging for an oil change or other maintenance?

ok, you are confused, plain and simple... you need to look at the time stamps.

timeline:

I went and picked up 6. 2 for me, 3 for people that said they wanted one, and one for ebay

after I posted that I picked the 6 up, I said I would be able to go back and get more for others if they paid for my gas.

Someone that asked me to pick one up for $20 backed out.

so therefor, I had one for $20.

you need to read through the whole post before you start jumping to conclusions, moron. @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@

I just this minute got back from my local KB, and after 2 weeks of nothing....I snagged 2 Sideswipes! This is the 3rd time in 2 weeks that I checked, and I almost didn't go today either. I wasn't really expecting to find him, but I turned the corner into the TF aisle and there they were! Anyways, mine had only about 10 total. Another thing I noticed was that there was not one bad box in the bunch. All were nice and shiny with no shelf wear. So I finally snagged him at a great price. Now I have 3 altogether: 2 Hasbro versions and 1 Takara version. Woot! Woot! #US1#

Well, I didn't find the Micromaster trains, but I did get Sideswipe - I admit, I am impressed by the figure overall, and glad to have it, especially at under $30. ($17 or so, I think, plus an extra 50% ($3.50) off a second purchase, which was one of X-Concepts' Citizen Urban Toon figures. No reason.)

that's a direct quote.

ok, you are confused, plain and simple... you need to look at the time stamps.

timeline:

I went and picked up 6. 2 for me, 3 for people that said they wanted one, and one for ebay

after I posted that I picked the 6 up, I said I would be able to go back and get more for others if they paid for my gas.

Someone that asked me to pick one up for $20 backed out.

so therefor, I had one for $20.

you need to read through the whole post before you start jumping to conclusions, moron. @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@

uhmm, not quite. you still admit to charging $20 plus shipping to others, but only needing $2 extra for paypal fees, so you are still charging nearly an extra $1.50 for each one, which I am assuming you will justify as gas or other expenditures, which you shouldn't need since you didn't go out of your way to buy one for them because you were going anyway.

so, by charging extra and profiting off of them (which you shouldn't need to at all considering your ebay one sold for $31, which should have covered all expenses that you wouldn't need to pass off onto the people you laim to be essentially "helping"), it is clear that your intentions are to profit.

buying something at retail and selling it at a higher cost is indicative of what everybody? say it with me!...SCALPING! Huray!

so while my argument may not apply to one example, it does apply to your actions as a whole, moron. talk your way out of that if you can navigate the landmines of your own contradictions.

um, ok... you're calling me a scapler for $1.50... uh, ok... whatever... i could understand if I charged an extra $10 on a $15 toy... but your arguing over $1.50... man, that's pathetic and quiet anal. how old are you?

back on topic: the ones I found were in incredible shape... no blemishes or anything... has that been the case for the ones everyone else has found?

Dude, gscbr, get off the guys D*$% already! Its not like he has the whole supply of Sideswipe's and is charging $70.00 plus for one like people were doing before when they only surfaced at like 3 stores. He's only making a $1.50. Wow! He can buy a pack of Big League Chew with that kind of bread! Man. Its not like he's making big money off these, and if someone can't find a SS, he can hook them up with a small amount for his troubles. I'm sure almost everyone on this board has "scalped" by your definition. I mean some people buy a toy with the intent of always keeping it,a nd something pops up where they need money so they sell it at a higher price. That happened to me before, but it went up in price because of bidders, not my starting price. I started the toy at like a buck, and well it almost doubled from what I paid for it. Does that make me a scalper even though I originally never intended to sell it? Not to mention I only had one? Anyways, yeah Sureshot it seems that the good box conditions seem to be in more than one area. Like I said, in my store all the boxes were primo.

Just got back from KB today (about an hour drive from my house after the local KB closed) and found a shelf full. It was buy one, get one for 50% off. I snagged 6. They aren't blemish free but for $13.88 regular price and $6.94 for the next, I couldn't pass up getting quite a few of them. I ended up spending a little over $60 for all 6. I should've asked if they had an unopened case and bought that instead. (Oh well -- at least I found a few)